It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd object caught in snapshot of Nevada road sign...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Upon looking at other photos, the Semi is just pulled over...
My bad

But yes, interesting photo indeed. Hopefully someone can give us a solution.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Nice, i see the UFO in all photos, just in different positions indicating it was moving while the picture was takin.

Edit - lol sorry it was a dot on my screen leading me to see objects in the other 2 photos.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by StarNeon]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I'm curious about something--why have a low setting for the resolution? You can always lower the resolution of a photo later if you need to. I never get why people do that. Doesn't that camera hold hundreds of photos in memory? Mirthful, why do you do that?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   
what i dont get is we know coanda and anti gravity and cloaking are all acheived. Alledgedly its deep space travel with them at high speeds they havent nailed. why are ufo's such a stigma. If you had all the power and money to make moon bases, treaties with aliens that enslave the populace of your planet and flying discs and space stations, wouldnt you?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I noticed to semi as well, if you look, it is pulled over along side of the road. But if you look harder at the first 2 pictures, the camera is in axactly the same spot! They are the same picture, the 3rd has moved a little to the left. leads me to believe there was tampering in the 1st.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Mirthful,

I have a sneaking suspicion that you are indeed Lucifer. That being the case, I must take anything you post with a grain of salt.

haha..j/k...you know I love ya!

That being said, I don't see that being an insect of any sort since it appears to be too far off (fades nicely with the clouds)...so I'm gonna have to go aircraft of human origin. I see them quite frequently around moody air force base, and that's exactly what they look like a great distances.

But, who knows?

Jasn

Edit: As a note, Mirthful seems incredibly "on the level" to me....so to assume MM has manipulated these photos is carrying it a bit far. In my eyes that is.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by SimiusDei]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

I think I explain that in my OP... I don't have time to tinker with 10-20 images that are going to be emailed to who knows how many recipients (a daily undertaking in my line of work) nor do the recipients need to be burdened with high bandwidth loads just to get an email from me. I have reset my camera for a higher resolution as a default, and will lower it when work requires.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by williamjklopp

The sign is a couple hundred yards from the off ramp of I-80 West... The truck is actually pulled off the side of the ramp, and part of the overpass is visible.

All three images are acquired pictures as the Exif data will demonstrate. There was no manipulation of the images save the "Auto Enhance" feature in Photoshop.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I want to state that I know MirthfulMe personally and he would never do something as childish and ridiculous as manipulate images in order to make them appear to have something they did not originally have.

With the expertise this site can bring to bear on digital images there would be no point in it. Which is exactly why he held these in our back channels until JRitzmann had a chance to look at them. JR's analysis is forthcoming soon we hope.

MirthfulMe is of the highest integrity and honesty, he is a brilliant man who doesn't suffer hoaxers or fools well, he is staff here for a reason.

Let's not waste time on the ludicrous, let's focus on trying to decipher what, exactly is in this image.

Springer...

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by EZ14U2C
Why is the Semi driving on the road beside the picture in the same place in each picture?
I think it is just that same photo, three times.

Although... it just could be pulled over. Not sure though...

Well just look close at where the semi is parked...it is NOT on the highway it is off on the shoulder...........so I would place my vote on it being pulled off the side of the road for whatever reason. NOT on the road hence NOT currently en route.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I like this one. There is something up there and seems saucer shaped.

Finally.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by EZ14U2C
Why is the Semi driving on the road beside the picture in the same place in each picture?
I think it is just that same photo, three times.

Although... it just could be pulled over. Not sure though...

This is a hoax, ban him, ban him now

Just kidding, really!

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

I defended him first....so NANNY NANNY BOO BOO!!

wait, did I really just say that?

just kidding, naturally.

Though the double M smites my posts quite regularly, I would never doubt anything he posts here in the sense that it was knowingly bogus. After putting up with my crap on numerous occasions, he has always been totally on the level with me and very "professional". I couldn't imagine him putting some junk on here just to get attention or whatever.

That being said, I'm going to enhance the photo a bit and see what I might be able to pull out of it. If I can get anything worth seeing, I'll post it here later.

Jasn

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
with some sharpening and rendering d. clouds

I take back my initial conclusion of this looking like typical aircraft.

My only guess would be either something in the area of a balloon or some type of elliptical craft.

Jasn

[edit on 8-9-2007 by SimiusDei]

Mod Edit: Image Hotlinking (and additional chop busting) – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
I have reset my camera for a higher resolution as a default, and will lower it when work requires.

That's better.
I wasn't trying to bust your chops. Others on ATS have posted low res photos, and its frustrating when a simple thing like a higher setting could shed new light. Keep up the resolution, people!

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I noticed almost all of you use the wrong resizing method.

When you resize an image like this, you can NOT use a "smart size" type function. You have to do a "pixel resize" type function.

A "smart size" will smoothen the pixels and give you an artificial computer generated image.

A "pixel resize" will keep the original pixels that were created by the camera, it will just make them bigger pixels.

Here is a "pixel resize" of the UFO.

As you can see, it preserved the actual pixels, but just made them bigger. This preserves the actual shape and size created by the camera. Looking at the image above we can see that the right side of the UFO is darker than the left. Also, the right side of the UFO is longer than the left, if you make a center point. Look at this illustration below:

As you can see, I have marked the horizontal parts of the UFO. The right side of the UFO seems to be longer than the left side, because it has the "D" section. This could possibly mean that this object is flying from right to left. I figured that the shutter speed of the camera, and the speed of the UFO would give the UFO a "tail".

Next up is a negative image of the "pixel resize" method. When you use other "filters" it actually messes of the UFO, and it will turn it into a "computer generated" image because most of the filters will change the pixels itself. So I like to just use a negative image, as all it changes is the colors...

As you can see, the UFO is not as "round" as the other "enhancements" seem to make it. The solid parts of the negative usually are the main body. Sometimes the object reflects enough color light into the camera to give it an "aurora" type appearance because of the divergence of the light by the time it reaches the camera. So this could be why there is some green pixels on the top and bottom, that make it appear more round. Or it could possibly be round, but I would put my money on it being more wide than tall.

Looking at the EXIF data I have found the time intervals at which the images were taken.

1: 2007:07:02 14:27:35

2: 2007:07:02 14:27:38

3: 2007:07:02 14:27:43

As you can see, it took 3 seconds to take the second shot, and then 5 seconds to take the third shot. Since the UFO only appears on the first image, and not the second or third, it is safe to say it took 3 seconds for the UFO to get out of the view.

For fun, I did the following measurements:

IF the UFO is at the same distance as the back of the truck. And the back of the truck is the standard 102 inches wide. And the UFO was flying from right to left. We can calculate that it took 3 seconds to fly 21 marks times 102 divided by 12 = 128.5 feet in 3 seconds which is about 29 Miles Per Hour.

IF the UFO is flying right to left at the same distance as the back of the truck. We can calculate that it took 3 seconds to fly 25 marks time 102 divided by 12 = 212.5 feet in 3 seconds which is about 48 Miles Per Hour.

IF the UFO is further away from the back of the truck, then it is safe to say it is flying FASTER than 25, or 48 MPH.

IF the UFO is closer from the back of the truck, then it could be flying slower that 25, or 48 MPH.

---Conclusion---

It's unidentifiable, and it appears to be flying.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by 11 11]

[edit on 8-9-2007 by 11 11]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Mirthfulme, when you press the shutter release button on this camera, do you feel a noticeable shutter vibration in the camera exterior/body? Do you have any other image shot at the same aperture (f/2.4) featuring the typical sensor dust speck?

The Cybershot features a fairly sharp lens construction. If this object is an airplane i think it would have rendered differently with a lot more character to it´s shape. Could be an OOF bug although i do not think a bug would leave such a uniform shape either.

Generally, the spot looks to have somewhat oval_ish shape measuring roughly 6-8 pixels high and 10 pixels wide in a "feathered" fashion. That´s not much to go on. Although unidentified i´m not convinced this object is flying.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
ooh you got a UFO

wonder if it's from the planet of apes?

What, do you think it is one of ours?

Hehe, apes...

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Okay here is a photo of the same area taken at least two years earlier than this, I just thought I would throw it into the mix for want of anything better to to...

[edit on 8-9-2007 by JimmyBlonde]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I forgot to mention, that if the UFO went UP instead of left or right, then It would make all my past measurements completely meaningless. It also seems more plausible, since it only disappeared in 3 seconds.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join