It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd object caught in snapshot of Nevada road sign...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I was just updating a thread...

That chronicles my many travels. It's in the Staff & FSME Pub, an informal forum where chit chat subjects can be posted. I had been delinquent in keeping it updated, and since I was retracing my travels from two months earlier (actually travelling the same route), I thought I'd post a picture of my most favorite sign.

Here is a picture of the "Deeth Starr Valley" sign that you see when traveling westbound on I-80 heading towards Reno. The actual pictures are from about two months ago after I was leaving Brigham City heading to Stockton. I never really looked at the pictures until I updated the previously mentioned thread, then I really look at it, and what do I see?

Something that shouldn't be there!

Fortunately, I took more than one picture:

Here is a link so that everyone can see where the picture was taken:

Deeth Starr Valley

Here is some additional background:

I neither saw, or heard anything while taking the pictures, and nothing was done to the images other than the "Auto Enhance" function from Photoshop 5.0. The pictures were shot quickly ( I just pulled over on to the shoulder of the road, jumped out of my truck, shot three quick pictures, jumped back in and kept going. The images are from a Sony Cybershot DSC-F717 set to lowest resolution (it's a camera I use for work, and I have to email a lot of pictures, so I keep the resolution low for bandwidth conservation purposes).

Obviously it could be anything including dirt, an insect or a bird... However, I was also almost due north of Groom Lake
so all bets are off.

Comments and wild speculation are most welcome.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
ooh you got a UFO

wonder if it's from the planet of apes?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Where should we look exactly?
I saw somthimg inthe fisrt picture. It is above. Seems like a fly to me. In the nxt two pictures i couldnt see anything.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
have to concur most of commodore's post. I see it in the first shot but can't find it in the other two. The first image though...the object looks suspicious! Nice shooting

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Therein lies the issue...

The object is in the first picture, and is not in the other two.

I have no idea what the object is, only that it was acquired in the photographic process and is not the result of any file manipulation.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I think that's the point, the "ufo" is in the first pic and not in the others even though they were successive shots.

imo it looks too far away and too high to be mixed up as a bug or insect, but I not a bug in flight or ufo expert.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It's a bird.... no It's a plane... No it ... it ... it's a flying Monkey....

Seriously, nice shot.
As you've said, could be anything, but certainly is an interesting "ufo" picture.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
yeap you do have a unidentified object,
I blew it up
the picture, not that it makes it any clearer.

[edit on 7/9/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
You got you one Hoss. Wish the resolution was higher but that aint no plane or helicopter. Nice job.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I have enlarged the first image and ran it through some filters in photochop and came up with this...

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Its a speck of dust floating around.
If you don't see it with naked eyes, then its not worth.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
The object is in the first picture, and is not in the other two.

Which demonstrates that it's not dirt on the lens, as it would still be there in the other two shots, unless there was a mighty powerful, window cleaning strength wind going on.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I think it's probably a fly or a bird.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
A small compilation of "random" filters:

IMHO it could be almost everything...

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I think anyone should be encouraged to post picture of possible UFOs here...for every ten non-UFOs there will always be something genuine. And this might be genuine. Interesting "synchronicity" to have this on the same picture as "Death Star".

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

Staring at these images made me realise how dirty my laptop computer screen had become. Having wiped the dust and grime away I can see the dot to which you refer. I don't believe any conclusions can be made from this image. Is there a version with a higher resolution?

When people say they didn't notice something in the sky until they have inspected the photographs makes me think that the UFO is neither the size of a n aircraft nor as far away.

Deeth Starr Valley, Exit 333 is a great sign, though.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Woland

Funny that you mention that... As at first, that's what I thought it was, just a spot on my laptop screen. After I wiped out all his "friends,"
I was left with one spot that wouldn't go away.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Well of course I had to come take a closer look at this MirthfulMe...
Find it a bit difficult to believe that if it were some form of particulate or
burnt out pixel, that it wouldn't be in all the photographs since the exposure
and the ambient lighting and not to mention the actual area being photograph
are all one in the same.

Took the liberty of zooming and cropping first with no filtering (albeit the negative filter).
And the second set with enhanced filters...

ZOOMED and CROPPED.. NO FILTER

ZOOMED and CROPPED.. NEGATIVE FILTER

ZOOMED and CROPPED.. ENHANCED FILTER

ZOOMED and CROPPED.. ENHANCED NEGATIVE FILTER

And now let the assumptions and theories continue (Johnny straightens his Ton-Foil Hat)...

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'd say it is a UFO, mainly because no one can really identify exactly what it is or isn't.

But what about this Deeth Starr Vally?

Why is the arrow pointing up?

Interesting pictures no matter what!

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Why is the Semi driving on the road beside the picture in the same place in each picture?
I think it is just that same photo, three times.

Although... it just could be pulled over. Not sure though...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join