It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bigotry of the Christ

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

ok... then the bible is wrong.
earth wasn't created with life on it... life actually developed hundreds of millions of years after the earth formed and then it slowly evolved into higher forms over the course of about 4 billion years.

That isn't what I said at all. The earth was created billions of years ago, as science shows us and Gen. 1:1 hints at. Satan rebelled in that first age and God destroyed everything on the earth. This second age (the one we are now in) began about 14,000 years ago. The second half of Gen.1:2 begins at that time. Man is flesh in this age. He was spirit in the first, just as he will again be the same spirit in the third and last age.

Madness -
however, on the point of the contradiction of two separate stories... it's clear that they are two separate stories

Genesis 1:25-27
(Humans were created after the other animals.)

And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God said, Let us make man in our image.... So God created man in his own image.

The animals were created first and then MANKIND, the races. Please note that they were told to replenish earth, nor plenish it:

1:28 And God blessed them and God said unto them, "Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it.....

They were to replenish as this is the 2nd age.

Madness -
Genesis 2:18-19
(Humans were created before the other animals.)

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

This is Adam. He was created before animals (farm animals).

2:5........For the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

Then God created the animals that Adam would need. He was a tiller of the ground. These animals aren't the wild animals already created but are those that were to be a "help meet" for him, which would be oxen, cows, turkey's, chickens, etc.

Madness -
but anyway, they're frivolous creation myths and it's clear that they aren't true, don't take them as something literal...
the point is, you shouldn't care that the bible isn't 100% consistent, you should care that the bible has a few important messages squeezed into it.
the stories contradict, be mature enough to admit it and move on to a more enlightened viewpoint....new data, new views, not new data, deny data, old views.

They're literal and not frivolous myths at all. It is important that the Bible is consistent and not contradict itself if it is truly the Word of God and inspired by Him. My maturity allows me to see that.

Madness -
edit to add:
of course there isn't an apple, that's an addition of art history, the same way making jesus a white guy with long brown hair and a beard was.
i never mentioned an apple.

Jesus was a "white guy". He was from Adam and God guarded that lineage well. One of the reasons we know the difference in mankind being created on day six and Adam, who was formed on day 8, is the name itself.
The Hebrew word Addam (in the manuscripts) has no article in the vs. 6 refererence and means mankind. The vs. 8 man has the article and is "eth ha addam", or The Man Adam, as opposed to mankind.

Adam - to show blood (in the face), i.e flush or turn rosy - be dyed, made red, ruddy.....ruddy, i.e. a human being (an individual or species), mankind, etc.

So....this tells us that man addam, was mankind, but when listed with the article he is eth ha adam and it means he was able to blush - he was white. If he was white so was Christ.

All races did not come from Adam. They were created before him. Madness if you are at all interested in this I can give you Biblical documentation about the first earth age and about Adam and Eve. Please let me know.

.........Whirlwind

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by whirlwind
That isn't what I said at all. The earth was created billions of years ago, as science shows us and Gen. 1:1 hints at.

...um... where exactly?

Satan rebelled in that first age and God destroyed everything on the earth.

...evidence?

This second age (the one we are now in) began about 14,000 years ago.

evidence?

The second half of Gen.1:2 begins at that time. Man is flesh in this age. He was spirit in the first, just as he will again be the same spirit in the third and last age

then why doesn't the bible just say that?

The animals were created first and then MANKIND, the races. Please note that they were told to replenish earth, nor plenish it:

...the word plenish isn't a word, though i understand your meaning
and RACES DON'T EXIST. when will people get this ignorant idea out of their head. race is one of the most superficial ways to describe people, as "racial" differences count for less genetic difference than HEIGHT.

1:28 And God blessed them and God said unto them, "Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it.....

They were to replenish as this is the 2nd age.

...ok, so why were people created a second time?

no so fast, that part in parentheses you just added out of nowhere

Then God created the animals that Adam would need. He was a tiller of the ground. These animals aren't the wild animals already created but are those that were to be a "help meet" for him, which would be oxen, cows, turkey's, chickens, etc.

actually, adam didn't have to work the ground until he was punished.

so... um, your entire point falls flat here.

They're literal and not frivolous myths at all. It is important that the Bible is consistent and not contradict itself if it is truly the Word of God and inspired by Him. My maturity allows me to see that.

then WHY ISN'T THERE EVIDENCE?
were they real, they'd have evidence.
nothing shows that a deity created anything on this planet, and all things on it could have arose naturally.

Jesus was a "white guy".

that is by far the most ridiculous thing you've said so far. had jesus existed in 1st century CE palestine, the only people that would've been remotely white were romans, and even they were quite dark skinned.

He was from Adam and God guarded that lineage well. One of the reasons we know the difference in mankind being created on day six and Adam, who was formed on day 8, is the name itself.

and why would adam be white? "adama" (the root for adam) means 2 things: red and dirt.

The Hebrew word Addam (in the manuscripts) has no article in the vs. 6 refererence and means mankind. The vs. 8 man has the article and is "eth ha addam", or The Man Adam, as opposed to mankind.

Adam - to show blood (in the face), i.e flush or turn rosy - be dyed, made red, ruddy.....ruddy, i.e. a human being (an individual or species), mankind, etc.

ahhh... so you're taking further elaborations and saying that, because he can get flushed in the face, he's white.

...arab men can get flushed in the face (i know this as i saw one get a bit embarrassed by some praise he was receiving the other day) and they're quite dark skinned...

why is it that a black person can steel a man's car radio but can't be a man's messiah?

So....this tells us that man addam, was mankind, but when listed with the article he is eth ha adam and it means he was able to blush - he was white. If he was white so was Christ.

...ok, so you're saying that someone's great^x grandfather was white, so he was...
um... ok. you're making a few mistakes... or you're showing veiled white supremacist tendencies... i doubt the second
you're implying that god is white... not just jesus... but god, as god was the accused daddy.
and you're also making a mistake here... even if jesus is a direct descendant, you have the genetic materials of hundreds of generations mixing in with it... and lighter color skin traits are recessive. that means with each passing generation, the skin color would be more and more like the other people in the area, dark

you really need to read up on genetics...
and again, i could argue that the use of the name "adam" means he was red-skinned.

All races did not come from Adam. They were created before him. Madness if you are at all interested in this I can give you Biblical documentation about the first earth age and about Adam and Eve. Please let me know.

actually, i'd like some SCIENCE, not myth.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by whirlwind
That isn't what I said at all. The earth was created billions of years ago, as science shows us and Gen. 1:1 hints at.

Madness -
...um... where exactly?

When it states, "'In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth" it didn't say when that was, certainly not 6,000 years ago. Science shows it was millions if not billions of years ago. It then continues with:

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.

The word "was" can also be translated as became and most modern bibles footnote it as such. It has the same usage as became in Gen.2:7. So, the scripture should read, And the earth became without form and void.

He created heaven and earth and it BECAME without form and void.

WW -
Satan rebelled in that first age and God destroyed everything on the earth.

Madness -
...evidence?

The ice age, the destruction of dinosaurs, etc., etc.

WW -
This second age (the one we are now in) began about 14,000 years ago.

Madness -
evidence?

I'm not certain but believe it is called the Permian Age and was about 14,000 years ago. I come up with the Biblical beginning of the 2nd age at about 14,000 years ago using the parameter of:

11Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

If mankind was created on day 6 (6,000 years from the beginning), and Adam on day 8 (2,000 years later or 8,000 years), Christ was here 4,000 years after Adam and He was crucified 2,000 years ago. This makes 14,000 years since the beginning of this age.

then why doesn't the bible just say that?

It does on deeper study.

...the word plenish isn't a word, though i understand your meaning
and RACES DON'T EXIST. when will people get this ignorant idea out of their head. race is one of the most superficial ways to describe people, as "racial" differences count for less genetic difference than HEIGHT.

Plenish actually is a word. I was surprised too. Races do exist. There are caucasian, oriental, indian, etc. of course they exist.

WW -
1:28 And God blessed them and God said unto them, "Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it..... They were to replenish as this is the 2nd age.

Madness -
...ok, so why were people created a second time?

They weren't created a second time. We are the same soul we were when He first created us, we lived in the first age and we are the same soul in our flesh bodies now and will be the same soul when we step out after our physical death. Our flesh bodies only were created in this age.

WW -

Madness -
no so fast, that part in parentheses you just added out of nowhere...actually, adam didn't have to work the ground until he was punished. ..so... um, your entire point falls flat here.

That's why I had it in parenthesis. Adam did work the ground before the punishment. Remember,"There was not a man to till the ground", and then God formed Adam. He didn't curse the ground, saying, "thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee", until after he and Eve sinned.

Continued............

....Whirlwind

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Part 2

WW -

Madness -
then WHY ISN'T THERE EVIDENCE?
were they real, they'd have evidence.
nothing shows that a deity created anything on this planet, and all things on it could have arose naturally.

How can you have evidence of a Supreme Being creating something before there was anything, anymore than you can have evidence of it springing forth from a big bang? Some are willing to put credence into an explosion creating life rather than God. I look at a seed in my garden sprouting in the spring and it brings tears to my eyes. It is so very obvious to me that we have a Creator. Simply the emotion we feel points to that. Why would a big bang care if we had laughter or tears?

Jesus was a "white guy".
He was from Adam and God guarded that lineage well. One of the reasons we know the difference in mankind being created on day six and Adam, who was formed on day 8, is the name itself.

Madness -
that is by far the most ridiculous thing you've said so far. had jesus existed in 1st century CE palestine, the only people that would've been remotely white were romans, and even they were quite dark skinned.

Remember, the Hebrews weren't to marry out of their faith. They didn't mix with others so the line from Adam to Christ was pure. You see times in the Bible that God made certain it stayed that way.

and why would adam be white? "adama" (the root for adam) means 2 things: red and dirt.

Adam was formed from the clay and he was ruddy, rosy which is why you see "red and dirt"

WW -

Madness -
ahhh... so you're taking further elaborations and saying that, because he can get flushed in the face, he's white. .....arab men can get flushed in the face (i know this as i saw one get a bit embarrassed by some praise he was receiving the other day) and they're quite dark skinned...

I'm not saying it Madness. That is the description of his name. It is what it is.

why is it that a black person can steel a man's car radio but can't be a man's messiah?

And why can't He be white or orange or yellow? He is what He is.

Madness -
...ok, so you're saying that someone's great^x grandfather was white, so he was...
um... ok. you're making a few mistakes... or you're showing veiled white supremacist tendencies... i doubt the second
you're implying that god is white... not just jesus... but god, as god was the accused daddy.
and you're also making a mistake here... even if jesus is a direct descendant, you have the genetic materials of hundreds of generations mixing in with it... and lighter color skin traits are recessive. that means with each passing generation, the skin color would be more and more like the other people in the area, dark

you really need to read up on genetics...
and again, i could argue that the use of the name "adam" means he was red-skinned.

Genealogy was very important in the Bible. Look at all the very specific begat's. Don't you believe God had a hand in each of the generations leading to Christ? More than anything I believe it was to be certain there was no mixture of the blood of any of the fallen angels. After all, that was the reason they were wiped off the face of the earth the first time they came to earth in this age.

Madness -
actually, i'd like some SCIENCE, not myth.

I wish I had more scientific fact but I don't. I have many Biblical references to what I have been telling you. They go into greater detail about the ages of earth, etc.

...........Whirlwind

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join