It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could OBL be in Iran?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan5647

You might wanna tell the florida chronical about the Bush quote.
Link

Even the less bad sounding "I am truly not that concerned about him"
quoted from the new americaan is still Very Bad.

Why the lack of concern about the mastermind of 911? Shouldn't he be priority one before he strikes again with box cutter terrorists? God knows he might use hi-jaked yellow vans next.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Even though I don't think he is in Iran, its still interesting to look at the older threads about this subject. You never know.

ATS OBL - Iran threads.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
His son, who is the known head of the Iranian AQ was caught attempting to enter Iran in 2006. In 2003 we knew about him. Somehow, Iran decided to let him go and then it seems he turned up in Iraq.

OBL is not dead. He is laughing at us.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools

It doesn't make a bit of difference and I really don't care. Neither does your president:

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." — George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002

Wow!!

I know we have diverse opinions and views on a wide variety of subject matter here on ATS, but I also thought there was rules for posting something knowingly false.

This quote attributed to President Bush is absolutely false, and posted by a moderator no less.

For clarification I submit the question & answer from the press conference on Mar 13, 2002.

Release

Q Mr. President, in your speeches now you rarely talk or mention Osama bin Laden. Why is that? Also, can you tell the American people if you have any more information, if you know if he is dead or alive? Final part -- deep in your heart, don't you truly believe that until you find out if he is dead or alive, you won't really eliminate the threat of --

THE PRESIDENT: Deep in my heart I know the man is on the run, if he's alive at all. Who knows if he's hiding in some cave or not; we haven't heard from him in a long time. And the idea of focusing on one person is -- really indicates to me people don't understand the scope of the mission.

Terror is bigger than one person. And he's just -- he's a person who's now been marginalized. His network, his host government has been destroyed. He's the ultimate parasite who found weakness, exploited it, and met his match. He is -- as I mentioned in my speech, I do mention the fact that this is a fellow who is willing to commit youngsters to their death and he, himself, tries to hide -- if, in fact, he's hiding at all.

So I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him, Kelly, to be honest with you. I'm more worried about making sure that our soldiers are well-supplied; that the strategy is clear; that the coalition is strong; that when we find enemy bunched up like we did in Shahikot Mountains, that the military has all the support it needs to go in and do the job, which they did.

And there will be other battles in Afghanistan. There's going to be other struggles like Shahikot, and I'm just as confident about the outcome of those future battles as I was about Shahikot, where our soldiers are performing brilliantly. We're tough, we're strong, they're well-equipped. We have a good strategy. We are showing the world we know how to fight a guerrilla war with conventional means.

Please go to the link to review the entire transcript if needed, you will not find that quote.

While the Presidents policies and approval ratings are down and many mistakes have been made, to falsely attribute this quote to him only diminishes your credibility in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
...there was rules for posting something knowingly false.

This quote attributed to President Bush is absolutely false, and posted by a moderator no less.

Uhhhhh.... yeah... you need to read my very next post.

For what it's worth, I looked it up on the net and took the first version I saw.

I acknowledge and quote the correct version in my very next post.

I'm a little disappointed JacKatMtn. Like I said, some members seem to be just hell bent on looking for their pound of flesh from those that they don't agree with.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan5647
reply to post by ChrisF231

I guess we will find out if he is still alive on 9/11/07. I doubt he is alive, but I also think we haven't looked hard enough.

Oh and I dont doubt that either. We could have done a hell of alot more.

For starters we shouldent have relied so much on air power, special forces and the Northern Alliance. We should have instead swamped them with hundreds of thousands of troops in addition to the air power and special forces units on the ground. Because of GW Idiot's insistence on air power and the Northern Alliance we let the Taliban and Al Qaeda go free basically. The clowns in the Pentagon need to realize that a bomber/jet/cruise missile strike is not the solve all to every problem ... you actually need to send in the infantry to secure positions and thats why they got away ... we just bombed them and dident send in any infantry to mop up.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

I read your next post, and I need no pound of flesh Gools, I understand your point of view on the subject quite well without the false quote and as you stated I am disappointed as well.

But this is neither the time nor proper forum for you & I to trade posts on the subject, so we will agree to disagree on my point and allow this thread to return to the question in the OP,

Could OBL be in Iran?

My apologies to Dan5647 for getting off topic.

ED: sp

[edit on 2007/9/7 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It is hard to say if OBL is in Iran or not. My opinion is that he isn't. I honestly believe he is in Pakistan or that area. I don't really have anything to back that up, but it is just a gut feeling.

I do have one question though, in reference, to the Kidney Dialysis.

Is it possible he found new kidney's? I mean in the US we have a donor waiting list for damn near everything.

But over there, is not here, I mean, what is stopping him from finding a suitable match (blood type, and whatever else they look for), then just killing the guy and having his kidney's transplanted?

I don't think it is that crazy an idea. I think it could be done and if he is really still releasing tapes, it was almost certainly done.

The one big problem I see from preforming the operation is that it would have to be done in hiding, and we don't know how clean the Operation Room was, wouldn't it be just awful if he got a Staff Infection... Or Maybe went in to Septic Shock from cave dirt...lol

But what are your opinions could this have happened, could he have two new kidneys?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I doubt it, if anything OBL hates the Iranians and Shiites more than he hates the US.

Hence AQ's attempt to ignite a Sunni-Shiite civil war in Iraq.

It's tempting to think that there is some kind of "united Islamic terrorist HQ" where they all hang out and shout "down with the USA!", but the truth is these guys hate each other as much as they hate us, if not more so.

There is no "terrorist" clubhouse - in Iraq we see various factions of terrorists happily cutting each other's throats. Terrorism is a tactic, not an ideology.

And before we get too righteous about it, we should note that the US has a long history of supporting terrorist groups when it seems in our interest to do so. The mujehadeen in Afghanistan and the Contras in Nicaraugua in the 80's are perfect examples.

The MEK and some other groups we're currently supporting in Iran are another.

[edit on 9/7/07 by xmotex]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan5647

Well if Rummy says he thinks so, it must be. Remember how right he was on everything he stated before the Iraq war.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Well for a man with kidney problems he didn't look too bad on those new videos that have just been released asking americans to join Islam....
The guy has access to millions of dollars so how hard could it be for him to organise the kidney operation in a cave / or small village somewhere in Iran....???

Not very hard at all im guessing by the news reports.......

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
reply to post by Dan5647

The man was on kidney dialisis (sp) back in 98. it is now 2007. Jumping from cave to cave with kidneys that need to be machine cleaned... If he is "alive" in Iran we will be setting records for liveing with kidney failure.

This is to say nothing about the arab press reporting his death a few years back. Due to kidney failure.

If he has managed to get a kidney transplant, would he still need to get dialysis or would he be good to go for the remaining years of his (hopefully short) life? Could that operation be done in a relatively primitive hospital setting and would it require a lengthy stay to recuperate?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I dont know why people assume he lives in a cave, with no access to normal things.
In my opinion he is probably staying in a regular house and has access to whatever he wants, and is living comfortably, and even if he was in a cave, it would be a nice cave, with access to everything he wants.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I think it has something to do with making the boogieman appear more barbaric. You know, like he's a caveman or something. Makes it look like "the civilized world versus the barbaric caveman."

Simplicity.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
SISTAN VA BALUCHISTAN

Yes I'm a major advocate of this concept.

When the Al-Qaeda leadership was fleeing Tora Bora along with Taliban leadership, they were all given a natural choice; flee to Waziristan, or flee to the border section of Iranian Baluchistan, where a sizable, militant, Sunni minority actually lives! And yes, Iran has fought battles against their homegrown Sunni insurgents in the East in the past, just not since 9/11 have I heard about any such fight.

Most people assume he is in Waziristan. But let me ask you something..

Are you really that gullible?

Because that is what the Administration, Defense Dept, Intel Depts, and Media have all been saying for years. Despite this, average Americans are left to tackle the concept of 'Why haven't we?" that is, why haven't we gone in and cleaned out such a small province if it indeed contains BL. Then we get into political mumbo jumbo about Pakistan.

They're leading you in the wrong direction on purpose, its the Feds man! Think.. why would they tell us the truth? They never do.

I bet you anything OBL is sitting snuggly in the border region of Eastern Iran. And I bet Iranian Intel knows about it. I bet OBL knows that the Iranians know. And I bet they're all in on it together.

Because why else would he be untouchable thus far? Name me a single place on Earth, on the whole planet, where this man would be safer? Nowhere. Iran is the only place on God's green Earth that he'd be relatively safe (for now) from U.S. attack.

I think Taliban went into Waziristan with a token group of Al-Qaeda fighters, bodyguards, logistics & explosions experts to protect the Mullahs. While Al-Qaeda remainder snuck into Eastern Iran.

Why do you think the West is truly worried about Iran getting the bomb? Is it because they'll hand over a suitcase version to our frends OBL & Al-Qaeda to hit the U.S. with? Is this their secret 'countermeasures' they've been hinting at whenever conflict with Iran is brought up to the Iranian Guard?

This has been an opinion of mine since 2004, when OBL disappeared, and the US/Iran game heated up. Here is a map, you can see how Sistan/Baluchistan borders BOTH Afghanistan as well as Pakistan, allowing people to go there from inside Pakistan w/fake passports, easily done by Al-Qaeda, especially considering theyve got friends in Pakistan Intel Services. And the whole area is mountainous and Sunni. Hmm..

[edit on 9/8/2007 by runetang]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
You know, reading some of the posts in this thread makes me question what kind of standards ATS uses when making someone a Moderator. Its worrisome to see someone so consumed with hatred and anger that they basically hijack a thread and attack members just for having an opinion that contradicts their own. It's even more worrisome when this person is a Moderator. But, I digress...

I think its naive to assume that just because the Iranian government is Shiite, that they would never work in concert with a largely-Sunni terrorist organization to take down "The Great Satan". Bear in mind, I'm not claiming that the Islamofascist regime in Tehran is working with al Qaida, but to completely dismiss the possibility is somewhat naive. I think their hatred of the West and Israel is great enough that they would put their differences aside in the interest of destroying their enemies.

As for the possibility of bin Laden being in Iran, well, its something that I've entertained myself. I could certainly picture the Iranians making a deal with bin Laden for save haven in exchange for immunity from attacks against the Iranian regime, or something along those lines. Obviously, bin Laden is not hiding in some cave in Afghanistan. He is well connected to what is going on in the world and I think that is evident in the content of his latest speech. You don't get that kind of news in a cave in the middle of nowhere- at least not in a timely manner. I think if bin Laden wanted to avoid capture/detection, there is probably no better place in the region for him to be then in Iran, possibly under the security of the Revolutionary Guard. If he were in Afghanistan or Pakistan (even the tribal region) then he risks the possibility of US forces or Pakistani forces coming in or flushing him out. In Iran, that's not a problem. And it may not be a coincidence that his son is there.

The most popular theory is that he's in the tribal region of Pakistan. This is the most likely theory of them all- assuming he is still alive and the whole kidney dialisis rumor is false. Now, if this is the case, some say that Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf may know bin Laden's location, or at least have it narrowed down to a relatively small area. If he truly wanted to, he could send in troops himself or authorize the US to do so and likely kill bin Laden (I don't think he'd ever be taken alive). I'm not going to get into a debate about how difficult it would be or how many lives would be lost fighting in the tribal region. Now, the reason Musharraf won't go after bin Laden is because that's his only card to play with the US. If bin Laden is captured, Musharraf fears that the US would then be in a better position to start making demands of him regarding his nuclear weapons, free elections, etc. That's something he doesn't want happening at the moment. Now keep in mind this is just one of the theories that I've heard. I'm just repeating it and not necessarily endorsing it, although I think its fairly obvious that Pakistan is not doing nearly as much as they are capable of doing in the war on al Qaida. Musharraf is holding onto power by a thread so he has to walk a very thin line between pleasing the US government while not angering his people to the point of revolt.

So to sum it all up... I have no clue where he is. My most likely choice is the mountainous region between Afghanistan and Pakistan. My second choice would be Iran. I've also heard that he could be in one of the major cities in Pakistan, but I think that would be too risky as he stands out like a sore thumb with his large stature. According to a headline I saw in the supermarket checkout line a few years ago, bin Laden has been hitting the tables and strip clubs in Las Vegas! Maybe he's hiding in plain sight!

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
My my, wouldn't that be a convenient excuse to invade Iran then if they thought they were harbouring Bin Laden.
Doesn't matter if it's true or not but now theres a publicly released video that they can put a spin on.
Perhaps another piece in the puzzle just fell conveniently into place.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

My my, wouldn't that be a convenient excuse to invade Iran then if they thought they were harbouring Bin Laden.

That's precisely why the "bomb Iran" crowd is trying to promote the idea, even if it's completely absurd.

With the IAEA now saying that Iran is cooperating, they are losing reasons to get their war on and kill some more swarthy disobedient foreigners.

Thus "presto!" OBL is in Iran...

After they bomb Iran they'll say he's in Syria - since that's the next country on the neocon target list

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan5647
Is it possible that all this time, Osama bin Laden is hiding in Iran. I mean think about it. Iran is the only Middle Eastern country where our troops are absent and has an agenda to support terrorism. It borders Afghanistan, where OBL was supposedly seen last.

According to former Defense Secretary, Donald Rumsfeld, the Iran-Afghan border has a potential to be used as a road for terrorists to sneak across.

"There isn't any doubt in my mind but that the porous border between Iran and Afghanistan has been used for Al Qaeda and Taliban to move into Iran," Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld told "ABC This Week" on Sunday.

Source

Edit: Changed "Arab" to "Middle Eastern"

[edit on 7-9-2007 by Dan5647]

Iran is full of Shi'its and Ben Laden is a Sunni! They hate each others! Iran will never allow him on their lands! And they would be too happy to sell him to America. Iran won't gain anything by hosting OBL, just problems. OBL is dead or in Pakistan.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by jeanne75018]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
His son was in Iran and placed on house arrest, and when things in mid 2006 started really intesifying in Iraq he was suddenly released. He is the leader of the AQ faction in Iran and is known to be leading and coordinating attacks in Iraq since 2003. There is a very large possibility that he is close or in Iran.

It would make sense. Two enemies that have one common enemy will become comrades for a greater goal, and in this case it is religion. Iran hates the US, and do not let the media or anyone else think otherwise. Less than 30 years ago they kidnapped our people for over a year...a year folks. It is a chess game.

Right now it is growing because of technology and the ability to bully. Remember, Saddam boasted of WMD's and got his ass handed to him. So waht if they were not found, if you threaten it you should be dealt with. NK is hungry so they are not rattling the sabers but Russia and China salivating to rebuild Iran once the US levels it. They will not intervene and the US does not want any money from Iran, jsut security in Iraq.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join