It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madeleine's MOTHER is now an official suspect!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Madeleine's MOTHER is now an official suspect!

www.cnn.com

The parents of Madeleine McCann are expected to be named as formal suspects by police investigating the British girl's disappearance, a family spokesman and a friend said Friday.

The development is a shocking twist to a case that has drawn international attention and appeals from celebrities.

Until now police have insisted Madeleine's parents were not suspects and were being questioned as witnesses.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
www.telegraph.co.uk
afp.google.com

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
This is indeed a "shocking twist" to the case, and would really be sickening if it turns out that the parents actually had something to do with Madeleine's disappearance.

I've always had my doubts over this case, but what would be their motive to do something like this? Money? ATTENTION??

I hope that they're cleared, but if they do turn out to be the culprits, they need some serious punishment..

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by nickh
I hope that they're cleared, but if they do turn out to be the culprits, they need some serious punishment..

Blood was found in the hired car the mother took out. A bit hard to talk that away.

To be honest, there was something suspicious about them from the start, the way they turned the daughters disappearance's into a media circus was very sick if you ask me. Sorry, thats my opinion on the matter.

And I am very angry about how the police force of Portugal has been criticised over this, Portugal has a different legal system to us and the media should respect it.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
To be honest, there was something suspicious about them from the start, the way they turned the daughters disappearance's into a media circus was very sick if you ask me. Sorry, thats my opinion on the matter.

Yeah that's exactly my thoughts, I'm sure this has been the first case of it's type that has got so much media attention. It didn't HAVE to have this much attention..

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
It was like with Ian Huntley when he murdered those children.

He gave numerous interviews and even got involved in the search for them.

I know its not nice to point the finger, but there is something suspicious about that couple. The car they hired, which had Madeleine's blood in, was hired a few days after she went missing...

Again, hard to explain that one away.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Did it actually have her blood in it? ...I don't think I've heard much about that. Surely that is proof enough to arrest the parents.. for the time being at least?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Did it actually have her blood in it? ...I don't think I've heard much about that. Surely that is proof enough to arrest the parents.. for the time being at least?

Yeah,
all over the UK press.

Madeleine's family thinks this is a "smoke screen" to bring the real suspect forward

They found blood in the hired car and on the mothers clothes! How can the family accuse the police of chasing the wrong people

[edit on 7-9-2007 by infinite]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
They were just talking about this on CNN, and they said that her blood was found in a vehicle which they had rented 25 days after she first went missing. I'd say that's definitely cause for suspicion and concern ... (?)

Now they're saying the blood found was linked to the girls "blood type". (?)

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reports are saying she maybe charged with accidental death of Madeline...???

Not murder.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
reports are saying she maybe charged with accidental death of Madeline...???

Not murder.

So, why hold a massive campaign for her?

It's still suspicious.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Oh yeah, silly me! I read this earlier lol:

Family spokeswomen Justine McGuinness told the BBC why the police were now treating Mrs McCann as a suspect:

She said: "They believe they have evidence to show that in some way she's involved in the death of her daughter, which of course is completely ludicrous. They have suggested that blood has been found in a hire car that they hired 25 days after Madeleine was taken."

Well, this is indeed a major cause for concern. I don't know how the spokeswoman can call this "completely ludicrous", unless she believes that someone actually planted the blood there..

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Doesn't suprise me in the least, from day 1 these people have only seemed to be interested in getting themselves in the media and makeing it look like they were good god fearing people, also the way the other children were never seen (dumped with friend's/relatives?) also surely should have raised an eyebrow? any normal parent would surely have been clinging on to the other kid's and never letting them out of their sight as soon as one goes missing?

There was also the child's toy, one report i read stated that this had been found placed high up in the room when the child was found missing even though it had been placed next to the child when the mother put it to bed before they went out to the bar/resturant? the report also stated that after the apartment had been searched the mother then washed the toy potentially destroying the dna evidence :s surely with the parent's (whom iirc both work in the medical profesion?) would have know that this could hold a clue to who took their child? or were they just interested in destroying any evidence against themselves?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
so much spin,
you would think they were politicians.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Also why have they employed lawyer's from very early on after the child went missing? were they afraid of getting caught out or just hopeing to make a fortune from the media interview's?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by solidshot

Also why have they employed lawyer's from very early on after the child went missing? were they afraid of getting caught out or just hopeing to make a fortune from the media interview's?

Thats an fantastic point.

Something is not right here

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by solidshot
the report also stated that after the apartment had been searched the mother then washed the toy potentially destroying the dna evidence :s surely with the parent's (whom iirc both work in the medical profesion?) would have know that this could hold a clue to who took their child? or were they just interested in destroying any evidence against themselves?

Okay, so first they destroyed some perhaps vital evidence, and then blood is found in their car..

Surely that points an even bigger finger towards the parents as the likely culprits in this case. But I still don't see a motive... these are the only reasonably assumptions that I can come up with:

1. The child was accidentally killed by one of the parents, but because their grief is so overwhelming they can't believe (or don't want to believe) that they've done it. So they try and spin it off in the media as a kidnapping.

2. They actually murdered/kidnapped their child themselves to get attention, money and god knows what else. (That's sickening)

3. OR, Madeleine has legitimately been kidnapped by someone else, and the parents have nothing to do with it (the evidence seems to say differently now though, so this is becoming hard to believe..)

And your point about the other kids is interesting too... why have we literally NEVER seen their other children in this whole media circus? Surely they may have seen something in the room when Madeleine was taken in the first place?

I hope the truth can be found quickly, and punishment handed out swiftly..

[edit on 7/9/2007 by nickh]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   

The child was accidentally killed by one of the parents
[edit on 7/9/2007 by nickh]

This in my view is a possibility, some of the early report's from portugal stated that the owner's of the apartment had recieved complaint's from neighbouring apartment's about the noise the kid's were makeing at night ( suposedly crying themselves to sleep after the parent's had left them alone whilst they were out at bar's/resturants?) the owner of the apartment is reputed to have offered the McCann's a babysitter free of charge and this was turned down by the parent's.

In this morning's media several stories claimed that the portugease (sp) police had questioned themother on whether she had sedated her child so have they found traces of a sedative in the blood? (is this possible this amount of time after the child went missing?)

So what i'm wondering is did the parents sedate their kid's to shut them up whilst they went galavanting around the town at night and get the dosage wrong inadvertantly killing the daughter?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   

It was like with Ian Huntley when he murdered those children.

He gave numerous interviews and even got involved in the search for them.

From my extensive Criminal Minds watching, that's what's called "injecting" yourself into the investigation. Offenders often try to inject themselves into the investigation as means of monitoring police progress and for the thrill of it.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

If thats true,
it's quite sick really and something you don't want to believe.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   

If thats true,
it's quite sick really and something you don't want to believe.

Yes it's sick but i believe it is possible, when have you seen any emotion from the parent's after the daughter went missing? the only time i can remember is when they were accused of being involved, surely any normal parent would have been tearing their hair out even more so someone who is reputed to have struggled to have the children in the first place? ( they were reputed to have had to have IVF treatment in holland when they worked there to concieve the children) and yet these parent's have shown zero emotion :s

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join