It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police break up anti-war meeting in Washington

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Police break up anti-war meeting in Washington

rawstory.com

Mounted police charged in to break up an outdoor press conference and demonstration against the Iraq war in Washington on Thursday.

Police grabbed the podium in the middle of the speeches in a park in front of the White House

The charge caused a peaceful crowd of some 20 journalists and four or five protestors to scatter in terror

Last month, the movement was threatened with a fine of at least 10,000 dollars unless it removed posters in the city announcing the September 15 march.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
You get fined if you advertise your message.
You get attacked by horse cops if you protest.
You get your microphone grabbed if you speek out.
America, home of the free?

MARCH ON THE WHITE HOUSE SEPT 15!

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I think that when the march begins, that everyone should pack pickets with the following quote put on them:

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

www.law.cornell.edu...

If they're stopped then, then there may be a need for further actions. Should be an interesting couple of weeks. I know that if I were there, that I'd go. It sounds like it's going to be a great time!!

TheBorg

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Interesting, I read this article last night. People's rights are being taken away slowly, now you can not protest, tomorrow they will ban guns, the day after you might be drafted. This democratic nation is turning into a dictatorship very quickly.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The government has tossed the constitution in he craper and is attemptign to create a full blown communism, WTH is wrong with you people, dont take it, push back, we have been walked on for too long, we are being forced into the mud and are doing nothing to stop it.

In order to have a march and a peaceful vigil to help remember those lost in past tragedies we must help remember our rights and freedoms first.

Dont take this bull, we are the reason they are even here in charge, so if we dont stand up for ourselves who's going to stand up for us?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
All the cops have to do is bait one protester into turning violent then they can move in and stop the whole thing. Best thing to do is keep your cool no matter what the circumstance and be sure to have plenty of cameras rolling.

Peace

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The First Admendment is a computer program. In it you have sentences that follow a logic of "or"'s and one final "and" at the end. In other words, it kind of reads, establish a religion, then meet there or somewhere to discuss things and give yourselves free speech and afterwards consult some representative from the people there meeting after assembling --- then address someone else like a Congress Representative to turn over the synposis of it.

It really does not say "at anytime and anyplace can people start things up". ( like on the streets or in public - stopping traffic or anything else like that.)

I only take it to mean like -- meet at a meeting place like a room in a building, or some other place where the owners will allow it, and do not get abusive in the manner in which the free speech assembly takes place.

Otherwise, I guess they can stop it, if they want to, since others paid the taxes along with the meeting people, and it was done in a public place that all taxes by all the people paying taxes paid for.

Now, of course, I guess this forum is kind of a meeting place to discuss different subjects and of course this thread, where it is written down and disagreements will take place on what the First Admendment really means but in the end, it is conducted not in a public place in the fact that if a post does not meet the requirements of this forum then the Moderators can eliminate or change the post to reflect the rules laid down by this AboveTopSecret Forum Board. (or end the discussion also.)

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I think this is what I just watched on Youtube?

www.youtube.com...

Now after watching this, something in my gut, instincts say this was 100% staged.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
the (first) cop says, "does anyone have a permit? ...you need to remove this stuff right now. ....(into radio while walking away) we have a national security threat".

i wonder what nationality that cop is?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Absolutely ridiculous, so much for the US being the land of the free eh... Yaall need to get bush out, before he takes away everything America is built on.

Yall march on 15 sept, to show them yaall wont be intimidated by them. Make sure yaall have lawyers ready just incase they try and infringe you 1st amendment rights.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
What is it going to take for the sleeping to wake up?

It just seems like we have been docile for so long.

I wish I could go and participate in the march.

For those of you who do, I thank you for standing up and counting.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Sorry I missed this site! Here's my post from the other site. Just want you guys to know Ill be there representing
And, I will carry a copy of the 1st amendment- great Idea!

Hey guys! I will be there September 15th! Im in CT, so it wont be too bad of a drive. I will, however bring my camera, ect. just in case I need it for my fellow aTS users.

Also, something to ponder; I do know of a 'top secret' mission going on this week in D.C. with only those who have top secret military clearance (sketchy fact, I know, but can't get anyone in trouble!) - Coincidence, I guess we'll see...

posted on 10-9-2007 @ 09:19 PM single this post edit"quote"REPLY TO:

Actually, I have an in with some people who know Im going to be there. I already told some of them, that if I get shot, Ill be pretty angry. They just chuckled and claimed, 'that peaceful protests go on everyday, and that 'they' are there in order to stop any violence arising, for or against 'us protesters'.
But, ask 'these people' anything about any so called 'political agenda' or implemented laws, current society, ect., and they haven't a clue!

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
this thread already exists! please do a search before starting a new thread! everyone needs to stop posting here and go to the original thread which is better described and better participated.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

BTW, my thread of like title was moved, NOT closed. Was just informed by the mods.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by joeyvelder
this thread already exists! please do a search before starting a new thread! everyone needs to stop posting here and go to the original thread which is better described and better participated.

That's just one person's opinion. We were having adult rational discussions till you showed up. I know what you are trying to do. Won't work. So stop before I report you. My thread is as valuable as the next.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   

WHO are you to come on MY thread and take the position of a MOD and try to close my thread. My thread has done more in 1 day, than yours has in 3, so maybe that's your problem!

So, those that care to come back and continue our discussion, I have not been closed down. I have been moved. You can find me here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=3504150#pid3504150

[edit on 9/10/2007 by janasstar]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by joeyvelder

Sorry but I posted this article over THREE days before this other thread was started. Sometimes important links get buried. Sometimes admins miss that a thread has already been posted. I am just trying to do my part to improve the continuity of ATS.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   

you had no right to impose on my thread like a steamroller and disrupt everything! have you noticed that neither of us are doing very well now?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
What a bunch of children! To lazy to get a permit even. There are many organizations involved with this and they are all asking for money. I can not find a single bit of information as to their TIN, EIN or classification. I'm not even sure if any of them are using the .org handle legitimately? With no permits who knows where the money goes or who is responsible for it? Anyone here involved who can help me out with their TIN to check them out?

Start looking through:
VoteToImpeach.org
Answer.org
ImpeachBush.org

ANSWER through a link to VoteNoWar.org is selling T-Shirts with one of the Dictator Castro's old buddies Che Guevara and they even spelled his name wrong on the ad. Guevara started wars for a living and he seems an odd icon for an anti-war group. He supported a Dictator also. Does not seem very anti-imperialist to me to use Guevara for a symbol. Marxists were a bunch of animals. They all want MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ImpeachBush.org claims to have 940343 signatures but I find no way to access a list or how they are verifying each person is unique and a registered voter in the United States. For all I can tell it could be a few people pretending to be a lot of people. I hope they are ready to prove they have those signatures if Impeachment is their goal?

I'll be surprised if they round up 10,000 people for a march let alone one million.

Anyone know which organization is the real parent organization. Is this another cover for Move On.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by janasstar

You guys having a points contest? Or, are you searching for truth?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join