It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cool Little UFO Story w/ pic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Article i thought was pretty cool... [Three periods will do - Gemwolf]

A mysterious object seen in skies over the Tasman Sea near Kaitaia is baffling UFO experts.

Last month, The Northern News reported that UFO Focus New Zealand (UFOCUS NZ) and world UFO expert Dr Bruce Maccabee were studying a series of unusual photographs taken at Ahipara on April 28.

The digital photos, taken of the sky and sea at 5.42pm, showed a bright object which did not look like a cloud and had the appearance of a craft.

The story attracted intense interest and remained one of the most viewed stories on the Northland page of the Stuff news website three weeks after publication.

www.stuff.co.nz...

=======================================
Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7-9-2007 by Gemwolf]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I believe this article refers to this sighting from April:

www.stuff.co.nz

A mystery object seen in skies over the Tasman Sea near Kaitaia two months ago was most likely a commercial aircraft.

That is the conclusion Wekaweka amateur astronomer Bill Keir has drawn after investigating photos taken by a man at Ahipara on April 28 at 5.42pm.

It is now being attributed to an aircraft contrail according to an amateur astronomer?

[edit on 2007/10/17 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
I believe this article refers to this sighting from April:

www.stuff.co.nz

A mystery object seen in skies over the Tasman Sea near Kaitaia two months ago was most likely a commercial aircraft.

That is the conclusion Wekaweka amateur astronomer Bill Keir has drawn after investigating photos taken by a man at Ahipara on April 28 at 5.42pm.

It is now being attributed to an aircraft contrail according to an amateur astronomer?
[edit on 2007/10/17 by JacKatMtn]

An amateur astronomer
Where's the professionals when you need them?
It could be a jet contrail for all I know but to take the word of an amateur astronomer is kind of like taking that answer from me. I'm an amateur astronomer myself. I love looking at the stars and planets with my telescope. But if I just come right out and say it's a contrail, " would you believe me?". Where's the aircraft?
It's an unidentified flying object to me until I can hear other opinions on the pic.

join