It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding the Iran Dis-Info Campaign

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
With Iran quite isolated from the non-Muslim world, I would say the truth about what's going on in there is probably impossible to discern. But I will say that you usually cannot trust what the expats tell you, America learned that the hard way in Iraq.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Thanks for an excellent post.

I think the lack of participation is indicative of the complete apathy of the American people when it comes to Iran (and other matters!). First, people naively believe that the Bushies would not dare to go to the mat with Iran because we are already taken up with two fronts - Iraq and Afghanistan.

Second they have crisis fatique: War on Trror, Iraq, Afghanistan, Mexico/Immigration, housing, the de-valued dollar and faltering economy, the credit crunch, stock market, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah. People cannot even conceive that the zeolous PTB would take on Iran too. And maybe that was the whole intent anyway - wear us out.

IMO Iran has some wicked nationalist pride going on. Yet again tonight I met someone who refered to themselves as "Persian" and not Iranian. This nationalism combined with their drive for nuclear equity makes them as dangerous as us.

However, I mostly agree with your points.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Yes, it is because of this power parity that I see a "mini-cold war" of sorts b/w the powers and not a hot one.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Hey I am going to add this to your thread, if you don't mind,

Does Iran's President Want Israel Wiped Off The Map - Does He Deny The Holocaust?

An analysis of media rhetoric on its way to war against Iran - Commenting on the alleged statements of Iran's President Ahmadinejad .

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

The article have reliable links to the original sources including, Bush taking advantage on a speech to push the propaganda. People needs to see both sides of the issue but many do not take the time to even try.

It seems that Cheney agenda is in full gear.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Another article courtesy of kacou in his/her post here:

Iran: made satanic before what?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Thanks for the post BitRaiser.

You (and everyone else) are welcome.
It's my pleasure to bring this to attention.

It was well presented and, in my opinion, dead on accurate.

Thank you.
It's something I've been stewing over for quite awhile now. It wasn't something I made a quick judgment on. Some of my friends are likely to run screaming if I mention "Iran" because they know I'm going to start ranting.

I posted a thread about Afghanistan now supplying 93% of the worlds opium up from about 14% prior to 9/11/2001.

I missed that one, but have been aware of that situation for awhile now. It's actually managed to hit mainstream news up here in Canada as part of the debate over our involvement.

That thread received almost the identical number of response as yours.

Well, this thread has managed to get some attention judging by the growing number of views. It took a bit of work via to get it moving, but by directing folks to in across several different threads, it looks like the ball is rolling.

What you and I consider important many people don't.

It's not their fault.
This is fairly scary stuff. I mean, proof that the messages they've been being bombarded with by the media leads one to question all sorts of things, not the least of which is the moral center of out modern culture. We've all taken in quite a bit of programming to stop us from being able to look into things like this with an open and critical mind.

Still, opening just one mind makes it all worthwhile.

We are probably going to nuke Iran and that is a tragedy. We are going to kill lots of people, lots of our military personnel are going to get killed. And its all over Irans oil and their strategic location between the Caspian Sea and the Persian Gulf.

Of course, we don't have to nuke Iran we just want to. The U.S. will probably make conventional weapon strikes and the Israelis will do the nuking.

We will then say, "Bad, Bad Israel. Naughty, naughty Israel. And then give them $25 billion for anger management rehab.

This scenario is highly plausible and very scary. The result would ensure continual and perpetual war for the rest of our lives... and likely the lives of our children.

Thanks again BitRaiser for your thoughtful, articulate and timely post. It is greatly appreciated.

Again, your welcome.

What's important is that people spread the word. Talk to people about it. At work, at home, in the shops, and at the golf course. This is something I do every day, even to my customers.
"Hey, have you been paying attention to what's going on with Iran? Did you know almost everything you've heard is BS?".
Some people don't want to hear it. Some strongly disagree. Most are shocked and horrified to hear about the facts.

If we can spread the word, maybe we can raise awareness and maybe something can be done. It's the only real way to counter propaganda and can lead to a withdrawal of public support. the 60s and 70s showed us how powerful this can be... we should never forget that we CAN have an impact.

So everyone reading this... go out and talk to people about it!!

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Great post, flagged and starred.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Fox Attacks Iran

[edit on 21-9-2007 by luis9343]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BitRaiser

"Before reading any further, I want you to understand that I do NOT believe that Iran is a land of all flowers and sunshine."

No, but what nation is?

"Truth is, their government is largely unpopular, their leaders claim to be inspired by a god that the masses don't believe in,)

The government is unpopular, but there are those in the masses who are Muslims who do not agree with their government.

What I am saying is, is that is does not take a secular Iranian or non-Muslim Iranian to not be fond of the government.

Does not mean that all of those who are fed up with their government want their country to be bombed.

and their population is largely under-educated (other than a handful of elites)."

There are swathes of the population who are largely under-educated, but equally, there are swathes of the population who are highly educated. Indeed, Iran's scientists is carrying out human embryonic stem-cell research, on the condition made by the Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khameini that no humans are cloned.

Iranian women are also attending university more than Iranian men, the Iranian men becoming worried and feeling a little disposed by this.

I had to point these things out.

Excellent thread on an important subject that had to be addressed, Bitraiser. Well done.

To contribute, here is three videos I found on Operation Ajax, the CIA-MI6 overthrow of democratically elected Prime Minister Mossadegh, which led to twenty years of the Shah's tyrannical rule, armed and supported by the US. I've posted them elsewhere, and I thought they should be posted here too:

Part One:

Part Two:

Part Three:

When it came to the 1979 revolution, the Iranians took Americans hostage for one reason: To ensure the CIA did not crush the revolution against the Shah.

[edit on 22-9-2007 by Regensturm]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

I agree I been thinking the Americans will be dupped into Iran to first protect Isreal then Isreal will nuke to protect US troops. I thought Hezbolah was being used for that when Isreal started pushing north again.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
There is an individual named Scott Ritter he is a former Marine and was the head of UN Weapons Inspections till 1998. He has been warning people Bush was going to attack Iran for awhile. He gets very little coverage so I wanted to embed his clips here.

First a dose of somber reality.

Entire interview on CSpan2
1 hour 23 minutes long Interview starts at 5:00 minutes in.
video.google.com...

Truth of the Iran Nuclear Weapons development from current UN Weapons inspections. Also speaks of how Iran was turned down when they offered to recognize Isreal and give up entire Nuke program

[edit on 22-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Regensturm

I did like this thanks for posting, but I have to say the History Channel cleaned up the part about oil. Here is 1987 pbs clip

Google Video Link

[edit on 22-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
reply to post by Regensturm

I did like this thanks for posting, but I have to say the History Channel cleaned up the part about oil. Here is 1987 pbs clip

Yes, The History Channel did skip over that, I noticed that too and other things. But still, it gives a brief account of what happened.

Thanks for posting the PBS clip. Excellent. You're starred.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Another thing that should be noted concerning Iran and accusations that "Iran wants to get n00ks and n00k people" is that of the fatwa issued by Ayatollah Seyyed Khamenei in 2005 referred to in a statement by The Islamic Republic of Iran to The International Atomic Energy Agency, as quoted by The Iran Daily on 11th August 2005.

Leader’s Fatwa Forbids Nukes

From the link:

VIENNA, Austria, Aug. 10--Iran is a nuclear fuel cycle technology holder, a capability which is exclusively for peaceful purposes, read a statement issued by the Islamic Republic at the emergency meeting of the International Atomic Energy Agency’s Board of Governors here Tuesday evening.
The Leader of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, has issued the fatwa that the production, stockpiling and use of nuclear weapons are forbidden under Islam and that Iran shall never acquire these weapons, IRNA quoted from the statement.

Now, some of you out there may say "Oh but they would say that" and "You are quoting Iran's media ahahaha" but there are two things that are very important that must be noted and remembered.

The first thing to remember is that a fatwa in Islam is a religious decree by someone (A cleric) who has the authority to do, a laying down of the law.

This fatwa must not broken, it can be removed (and publically announced so to alert Muslims) but can not be broken.

A fatwa MUST be followed by Iran's muslims, and as Iran's Supreme Leader is also a national leader, it must be followed by all Iranians.

The person of religious authority who made it must stand by it, the muslims who accept his authority must follow it and if someone breaks it, disobeys it, they will be punished.

Indeed, if the person who issued the fatwa then allows it to be broken, he, in the eyes of Islam and devout Muslims, will be seen as someone who not only has no authority, but as a deceiver, and should be stripped of his powers. It's a serious matter in Islam, once you have made a fatwa, or by having this fatwa issued you must obey it, to disregard it is unacceptable.

Now, the reason for me quoting from Iran's media in this post, and this is the second important thing to remember.

This is to prove that Iran's media has quoted this fatwa by the Supreme Leader, and as such the Iranian population will be made aware of it, and know therefore that it is not to be disregarded and disobeyed.

[edit on 22-9-2007 by Regensturm]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Once again BitRaiser a very good thread!

I get the feeling that most on this board do not WANT to listen to reason, but rather march right into Iran, and get their behinds kicked by 250 milllion prepared Iranians headed by oine of the most intelligent and well spoken leaders of the FREE world.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Even though they worded the threat differently does not change the fact whatsoever that it is a threat.

That's not really disinfo at all in my mind.They fancied up the wording for more viewers,pretty much that simple.Some of the other facts are interesting about who owns what but that doesn't mean we never get truth.

It means we get truth wrapped in lies and written with agendas.However Iran did to turn away weapons inspectors,and thats a fact.Maybe Iran is not as bad as the media portrays them to be,but they are surely unstable in todays world and cannot have nuclear weapons.

Why would they not make nukes?Frankly we can't afford to take the chance and see ,oh ok Iran does nukes because so and so has been nuked.Well let me rephrase,Israel cannot afford to wait and see if Iran is going to have a peacefull program or a weaponized program.

On the other hand I think war with Iran is going to be bad news,I do not support a war with Iran unless it is 100% proven without a doubt by multiple nations that they are aspiring to make nuclear weapons.

On a side note.I find it humerous how many poeple can eagerly believe iranian propaganda,or other propaganda and fall for it 100%.Yet every piece of news anyone suggests to the contrary is propaganda.The Appointed Press everything is propaganda from everwhere,but things that speak well of Iran?!?!

Lets not forget all his threats to Israel.However they are worded they are threats.Also the Iranian supplied IEDS,wich yes are really supplied by Iran,are killing our troops everyday.Your telling me a insurgent made a IED that is explosively formed to spew molten copper through the armor?Negative.

While yes our media is clearly pumping us up for war,the fact is this is a unstable regime,that has been killing our troops,has made harsh harsh threats to a neighboring country and could now possibly be developing nukes.

Again I do not want war with Iran at all because of the possible outcomes.However if there ever was a case for war,having a direct involvement with American deaths everyday is surely a good reason.Unlike the Iraq war in the first place but thats another story.

Also just on the facts that we know are 100% true.Ahmadinejad said Israel should be removed from the pages of time,or whatever the hell it was.Thats not a ncie thing to say to someone is it?!NOPE.Ok now that we understand that.This same man is progressing his nuclear ambitions even though U.N sanctions continue to be passed against his country.

They say they aren't making nukes yet they just upgraded their missiles to be able to carry nukes,and that's their own words.They have ordered certain nuclear components wich are not needed for peacefull energy programs,but they are needed to make a nuke.If I remember right,it was heavy water or something of that nature.

The point is just with the known facts of our troops being killed,Irans very clear somewhat justified hostility towards Israel,and a ever advancing nuclear program that they refuse to give up,is all bad news.You can pretty much bet your bottem dollar there will be a war.And it will be somewhat justfied but it could bring mass destruction beyond an imagineable scale.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by Project_Silo]

[edit on 24-9-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It would be nice if you also added in where the US proposed that Iran should have nuclear power when our puppet the Shah was running things. Some other information along those lines where we used to support Iran going nuclear would be great to see as a timeline.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This is for Johns previous post that ""Bad, Bad Israel. Naughty, naughty Israel..." line killed me i put it in my signature hopefully you dont mind. (?)

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

LMAO.

yeah. you're right.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
BitRaiser, very good post, I’m really glad to see such efforts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join