It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madeline McCann's mother to be an official suspect

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:
KTK

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by geek101
maybe me just being dumb here, but how would sedation cause blood?

this is not a one line post.

That's what I was wondering,

The reports differ from blood to body fluids. Body fluids would tie in with the body being moved in a decomposing state. The car was apparently hired 25 days after Maddies disappearance.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   

The reports differ from blood to body fluids. Body fluids would tie in with the body being moved in a decomposing state. The car was apparently hired 25 days after Maddies disappearance

I just cant see that they could of hid or moved a body after the her going missing,

The media was on them from day 1, and im sure where waiting outside the door to record there every move,

Just dont add up to me,

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala

I just cant see that they could of hid or moved a body after the her going missing,

The media was on them from day 1, and im sure where waiting outside the door to record there every move,

Just dont add up to me,

If memory serves, the media hype had died just around that time, dont think it would be impossible imo. People really need to step back from this and look objectively at the facts.
Also, could you point me towards the video evidence stuff?

KTK

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
This whole case has never made any sense since it happend.

The thought of leaving my children alone anywhere makes my stomach lurch. Thats why im interested to see if the said hire car was red. It could mean another person was involved. This would make the whole scenario a bit more plausable.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Im trying to get more info on that at the moment,

I heard it from a souce in Portugal and im trying to dig more in to that,

As soon as i get something on that ill post that up,.

Edit: Founds something on it,

www.timesonline.co.uk...

[edit on 8-9-2007 by asala]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   

The reports differ from blood to body fluids. Body fluids would tie in with the body being moved in a decomposing state. The car was apparently hired 25 days after Maddies disappearance.

I see,

I too do not understand why they didn't hire a babysitter, yes the whole scenario is bizarre, a set up for disaster, it is hard for me to understand how two educated individuals could be so careless,

Here that is called child endangerment, that alone can land you in jail?

[edit on 8-9-2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

But he WAS indeed in jail until the trial was over. If they had scientific evidence, they wouldn't just be suspects. They'd have filed charges.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by KTK
This whole case has never made any sense since it happend.

I agree! The scenario was just plain fishy!

The thought of leaving my children alone anywhere makes my stomach lurch.

Me too. I wondered if Madeline was dead BEFORE they went to dinner.

If she had been accidentally poisoned by something to make her sleep and the parents came back and found her dead, they'd have been distraught and distracted at dinner. You don't just walk in and find your child dead and say "I'll deal with it later" and go back to eat. You'd say something to your spouse and you'd have to concoct some sort of story that you both agreed on. My (completely unfounded) opinion is that she died earlier in the day and they moved her body before that evening.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I just finished reading through the posts in this thread and it struck me that there are aspects of this case that haven't really been referred to. For one thing in press accounts I've read there were inconsistencies in the stories told by the McCann's dinner companions the night of Madeleine's disappearance. These little fissures in the front that the detectives are facing will have been gone over in great detail. I've read references to a sort of pact of silence agreed to among these friends of the McCanns. This sort of "united we stand" attitude probably crystallized in the eary days of the confusion around the case when the Portugese police weren't looking too good and things were pretty confused.

This kind of attitude might have seemed justified by these people when the McCanns seemed to them to be very beleagured people, but months later, facing a police detective breathing fire through his nostrils, the McCann's friends might be more forthcoming with information that might not seem important to them but which might be viewed differently by the police. The detailed story of all the comings and goings that night are very important, as well as an independantly verified time when Madeleine was last seen alive.

If you look around on the web you can find references to the routine of the McCanns at Prahia de Luz. Their upstairs neighbour has been quoted as having heard Madeleine crying for more than an hour in the flat while Kate and Gerry were out to dinner. I also found a reference to Kate having taken training as an anaesthetist. Also I heard an interview with Gerry McCann in which he told of having psychological counselling together with Kate in order to cope with what has happened to them. The psychologist apparently advised them to find things in their lives that they could be in charge of, and build on these things to retain a sense of control of their own lives. The publicity campaign (which didn't seem natural to me) with Gerry as spokesperson seems to be in this vein.

I don't know if all of the things mentioned in the previous paragraph are true or not, but they are definitely plausible and to me they definitely solidify an impression I had of the McCanns even before I read or heard them. I don't know how to put it, except perhaps in Jennifer Aniston's famous words "there's a sensitivity chip missing." I'm still not sure if they did it, but I am sure that if they did, they are cold blooded enough to cover it up.

In regard to the "hire car" where DNA evidence was discovered, I hope the police check out everyone who rented it from the time a few days before Madeleine's disappearance to the day the DNA evidence was found. That way they will cover the possibility that the DNA evidence could possibly have been planted in the hire car by the murderer, in the unlikely but still possible event that he/she is a menber of the Portugese police, or another individual, carefully calculating, who may have known they hired a car and which one it was.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by ipsedixit]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Just dont add up to me,

One newspaper story i read stated that it was over an hour after they spotted the child missing before they called the police, if this is true then what was the delay and what were they doing because it doesn't take that long to search a small apartment and realise that the child isnt there, there is also a descrepancy (sp) of half an hour or more over what time they were suposed to have arrived at the tapas bar link

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I too do not understand why they didn't hire a babysitter,

After complaint's from neighbour's in ajoining apartment's ( due to the children supposedly crying themselves to sleep whilst the parent's were galavanting) the apartment owner reputedly offered to supply a babysitter free of charge and this was turned down

During an appearance on Good Morning America, he was told many US parents are "puzzled" why they did not make use of a babysitting service during their holiday in Portugal.

source

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   
What is the significance of this story to the public? Is she the keymaster or something?

It looks like a simple distraction.

~Grand

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by actonkid

But he WAS indeed in jail until the trial was over. If they had scientific evidence, they wouldn't just be suspects. They'd have filed charges.

Yes but that DNA evidence wasnt enough to get a conviction, just as this DNA evidence may not be.

Maybe they are trying to get more evidence by putting them under a lot of pressure. It seems to be working as they are going to flee the country.

Arresting them as they try to leave would make them look a lot more guilty.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by solidshot

One newspaper story i read stated that it was over an hour after they spotted the child missing before they called the police, if this is true then what was the delay and what were they doing because it doesn't take that long to search a small apartment and realise that the child isnt there, there is also a descrepancy (sp) of half an hour or more over what time they were suposed to have arrived at the tapas bar link

They were hiding the body quite close to the area because they didnt have enough time, 25 days later they then moved it to a place where it will never be found.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Home Secretary Jacqui Smith has said she is satisfied with the way Portuguese police have conducted the investigation.
....from bbc.co.uk/news

This says to me that there is full UK support and they are "made aware" of situations and other moves behind the suspect naming, and the different dimensions of investigation brought forward to the public eye by the Portuguese police.

Also, the Police doesn't mind McCanns 'fleeing' Algarve by 'changing' their plans overnight, its just a matter of time to 'fork lift' them when the actual charges are brought . Mind you, they are now public figures, especially with the support of British goverment and this is EXACTLY what the police wants (Both UK & Portuguese) in high profile cases like these. All we have to do is just wait and watch the moves in the next couple of days.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by mhano]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
The fact that they previously stated that they would stay in portugal until their daughter was found and then almost within 24hr's of the police nameing them as suspect's jumping on a plane back to the uk must surely raise question's?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
The overnight change of plans suggests to me that McCanns are now fearing arrest based on charges they may bring anytime soon.

Either their Portuguese lawyer or they themselves must have 'sensed' this. The McCanns must have mutually discussed investigation questioning pattern they were subjected to, carefully architected by the Portuguese police. This must have given some ideas on how the police are formulating the clues, witnesses and charges and they must now have understood that there is no escape from the whole mess, if they had created it.

They will have better access to lawyers in UK and of course this will delay the whole process, when compared to Portugal.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   

There is also talk that there may be some sort of video evidence?>

I hope more comes out about that as im sure that would be of great interest,

I heard a detective on TV mention a video of dead body sniffer dogs running all over the hired car all agitated. Apparently they showed this vid to Mrs McCann when they tried to get a confession out of her. The detective also said the police seem to do things a lot differently over there because if that was the UK the car would be impounded straight away and a forensic team all over it instead of swabbed and handed straight back. That's incompetence. Same with the flat. Apparently there've been hundreds of folk in the apartment when it should have been thoroughly sealed off. I wonder about the police methods myself, they don't seem very professional at all. The McCanns are back in the UK, maybe if there are arrests to come they'd prefer the UK police to get involved. They ain't always perfect either but in this case I think they'd do a much more professional job.Imagine (if you can) that these folk are inoccent. And imagine how they'e feeling at the minute. They want their daughter to be found but the finger's being pointed at them, taking the focus off any search. I think by now I'd be thinking she'd dead and I'm not gonna see her again, but I ain't gonna grieve in a circus of blinkered madmen. I'd want my family and friends around me for support because things are getting real ugly.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
If they didnt want to grieve in the media spotlight, they wouldnt have flown all over Europe, see the pope etc.

They also made a nice bit of money out of all the funds.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
They also made a nice bit of money out of all the funds.

800k+last i heard, and yes it does seem ironic that they are now asking for privacy when it was them that seemed to throw themselves more than willingly in front of the camera's at every chance they got.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join