It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madeline McCann's mother to be an official suspect

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I'm not saying its the case wigit, nor am i saying that's what happened, but it certainly looks like that what the police think, and considering the leaks to the press that often happens in cases like this, EVERY paper in England is saying the same thing. Tabloids and the broadsheets. Even every news channel in England is as well. Regardless of what you say, there has to be something in it.

Wigit, nearly half of western europe know what this girl looks like, and probably the whole civillised world has heard the story. For her not to be seen (if she's been abducted) is simply unbelievable.

Believe it or not wig, but when this first happened the mcanns did say they left them alone every night, and believed it to be safe. It shouldnt have been done in any circumstances. Once is enough, as it shown.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by thesneakiod]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by justyc

That's the reason why they are suspects justyc, the police want to ask them questions that they think the mcanns know the answer to, as in; "did you kill her"

After four months of investigation they have became suspects, why now?
because the police have discovered something that incriminates them, simple as that.

They are suspects because they are believed to be connected with their daughters disappearance. Its not about what questions they're allowed to be asked.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
The blood is on the BBC news headlines on TV.
Saw that just a minute ago and the Scotland Yard detective said no-one knows at the minute how the blood got there, or even whether it's a splash or a microscopic dot possibly caused by cross-contamination, possibly put there the same policeman who searched the flat. No-one knows because the Portuguese police aren't giving anything away. He didn't mention if it was Maddie's blood either. So the rest is speculation.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by wigit]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod

Wigit, nearly half of western europe know what this girl looks like, and probably the whole civillised world has heard the story. For her not to be seen (if she's been abducted) is simply unbelievable.[edit on 8-9-2007 by thesneakiod]
No, it's not. People go missing every day never to be seen again. The Belgium scandal involved girls locked up in a dungeon, left to die of starvation for months. They were obviously never seen alive again. And it was a whole group of folk in on the crime. An organised crime. Police included.

Believe it or not wig, but when this first happened the mcanns did say they left them alone every night, and believed it to be safe. It shouldnt have been done in any circumstances. Once is enough, as it shown.
That's right, they believed it to be safe. Now they know how wrong that was. Even the local Portuguese are shocked because they thought they were all safe.As someone mentioned though, there's supposed to be a habit of drugging the kids in that apartment complex.. Apparently it's the done thing. What a load of rubbish.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
You know, if you really wanted to delve into the deepest of conspiracies then you can look at this scenario.

Maddy is indeed kidnapped by a pedophile rings "hit man", someone who they hire out to kidnap a child thats made to order for an "influential client"
The police start their investigation and as they begin following the leads, they lead to an international pedophile ring that points to some very "respectable" members of society or government.
The police are warned to take their investigation in another direction or their children will start disappearing as well and since a missing child investigation almost always circles back to the parents, thats where they take it..
In all honesty, I would not be totally convinced that she is dead until
there is a body and as crazy as it sounds, thats the direction that I would take this if I were the parents lawyers.

On another note; I find the doping of children of any kind, disgusting. It is 100 times easier to OD on a painkiller than it is any other drug because of the narcotics effect on the respiratory system.
I've never even given my kids cold medicine unless they had a cold, giving it to them for any other reason, like knocking them out, is abuse.

[edit on 9/8/2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Kronos, your idea sounds crazy but we live in that kind of crazy world where these things do happen and I'm more into believing your hypothesis than the ones I've read in previous posts. I'd like to think, and it's probably hoping for far too much, that some silly childless couple have nabbed that kid to keep as their own, and they've only evaded being caught out by some sheer, strange luck on their side. Whatever the case I don't think the parents had anything to do with it. Maybe I'm too soft, maybe it's 'cos I'm a mum and if I let myself think just a wee bit, I can feel some of the terror that woman must be living with day in and day out just now. Is that empathy? It's horrid. She must want to smash down walls with her fists or blow up or something. Maybe it's good they're religious, the strength must come from somewhere. Whatever the case I think it'll get worse before it'll get better. I hope there's a break-through soon.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
reply to post by wigit

No, they're not usually perpetrated by parents.

Youre wrong, look up the stats.. any investigator will tell you that when they get the call for a missing child, the chances of it being one of the parents are more than 80% may be higher

It needs to be pointed out that, yes, that statistic is correct. But it's because of divorced parents, one of whom decides to kidnap/take the kids for extended periods of time. It doesn't mean these kids are being murdered.
As to parents who report missing children, I don't know what the stats are on the percentage of parents who murder their children.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
you are right wigit, it does sound crazy but if you are into conspiracies, like most of us here appear to be or we wouldnt be at ATS, then it makes a hell of a lot of sense.
Anyone that has ever read this story Why johnny cant come home will tell you that and if you havent read it, i suggest that you do.

A mothers tale about her son being kidnapped and then coming back 10 or so years later to tell a story that mainstream America would and did have a hard time believing.

Read about it, then be the judge.

Then there are the stories about the "midnight gay callboy tours" of the whitehouse.
The pedophile conspiracies in this country and the world are very numerous and very troubling.

[edit on 9/8/2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
You're right Kronos, very disturbing and extremely prolific by the sounds of it. Now these are the kinds of folk who should be burnt at the stake.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit

P>No, it's not. People go missing every day never to be seen again. The Belgium scandal involved girls locked up in a dungeon, left to die of starvation for months. They were obviously never seen alive again. And it was a whole group of folk in on the crime. An organised crime. Police included.

That maybe so, but did any those cases have as much exposure as this one? No chance.

And just because sedating your children so you can have a night out isn't the done thing, it doesn't mean they didn't do it.

Why would the police interview both of them for nearly eleven hours then confirm that they are suspects?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I'd still like to know where you all get your info from though. If all the points posted above are true then the parents would be charged. They haven't been.

There you go. I agree with that. If there really was DNA evidence, they'd be in jail.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

Thank you for the link. It makes me sick just thinking about those people. The only thing that makes me feel better is that in the afterlife they will pay.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

I'm making no excuses for killing! Your original reply to me was after I talked about how she could afford a babysitter. That's what I don't understand. I don't know if this woman killed her daughter or not. I have no clue.

But I am upset that a woman who could clearly afford a babysitter, didn't get one. And instead chose to leave a four year old and two two year olds.

As for the woman in Dallas, oh yea! She had some definite mental issues going on! Absolutely! But the husband did care, did he. He kept plugging her up with babies. She needed psychiatric help, not more children!

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by actonkid

There you go. I agree with that. If there really was DNA evidence, they'd be in jail.
Not really, OJ hand blood all over his car and he got off.

There is DNA evidence, thats a fact and clearly been reported on the news.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
It is very unlikely that Portuguese police is framing up the whole story to close the case.
2 weeks ago, if I recall correctly, they had announced that there was a "major breakthrough" in the investigation.

McCanns must have noticed these "parallel movements" surrounding them and that made them recently announce that their search for Maddy is going to be low-profiled, They also announced that they now "believe" Maddy will never be returned alive.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Police rarely make arrest based on DNA evidence in high profile cases like these, they will use them to prove in the court of law - if needed.

At this point, it appears to me that the Police is employing a different strategy. Hence they have only named McCanns as "suspects", but not bringing any formal charges against them.

This means there will be lot of "movements" as time goes by, and we will get a more clearer picture in 3-4 days time.

Originally posted by actonkid

I'd still like to know where you all get your info from though. If all the points posted above are true then the parents would be charged. They haven't been.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Just to update this, The Mccanns are leaving Porutugal early in the morning,

Im sure news will follow soon,

KTK

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Has anyone seen a picture of the hire car involved?

I ask this because this thread jogged my memory about this post on this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Food for thought in any case

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
There is also talk that there may be some sort of video evidence?>

I hope more comes out about that as im sure that would be of great interest,

Im sure we will hear more on that over the coming days,

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by geek101
maybe me just being dumb here, but how would sedation cause blood?

this is not a one line post.

That's what I was wondering,

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join