It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madeline McCann's mother to be an official suspect

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
reply to post by wigit

Youre wrong, look up the stats.. any investigator will tell you that when they get the call for a missing child, the chances of it being one of the parents are more than 80% may be higher

Unfortunately, that is very true. As is the fact that when a spouse is killed you always look at the one remaining alive. It's amazing how often it is the spouse!

Talk about sleeping with the enemy!

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I think offering opinions of this case is rather unjust on both the parents and the Portuguese police. Unless you have access to the statements, evidence etc. you really have no idea about the guilt of anyone involved.

However, it is interesting that the tone set by the British media is very scornful of the latest actions of the Portuguese police. Why is this? Is it because the media think the motives of the police are cynical and misguided or is it just an example of jingoism amongst the UK media?

Are we supposed to believe that the Portuguese police run a backward and unsophisticated operation and are simply looking for a scapegoat to resolve the issue asap?
I really have no opinion of the guilt of anybody in all of this but are we getting balanced coverage by a media who don't seem to want the mother to be found guilty or perhaps a Portugese police service who want to bring an end to this case at any cost?

(Mods - just browsed the thread and saw one of my posts one on the previous page had been posted thrice, I think because I hit 'quote' instead of 'edit', my bad! Sorry folks )

[edit on 7-9-2007 by pmexplorer]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I got the impression that the media was changing today and the tone of the reports were getting less supportive of the Mccanns.

As for whether I would do it? I have a 2 year old - and there is NO WAY I would do what they did. I cannot believe that two educated people would leave their kids in an unlocked room whilst they ate a few hundred yards away. No way.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
[edit on 9/7/2007 by actonkid]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I agree with the post drawing attention to the fact that they left two TWO YEAR OLDS with one FOUR YEAR OLD and checked on them every thirty minutes. And keep in mind these parents are both medical professionals. I have worked in security for many years. The scenario just described is incomprehensible.

You add the above scenario to the general demeanour of the McCanns after Madeleine was found to be missing and you have one very strange set of circumstances. I am particularly disturbed by the way they have downplayed their decision to leave those children alone. They are carrying on a crusade to warn people about child abductions but say virtually nothing about leaving young children alone. I hate to say it but things don't really add up for me.

I don't want to think that the McCanns did it, but I have a very hard time with the way they have acted in the time since the child's disappearance. Is this a case of doctors trying to stay in the driver's seat and unaccustomed to the role of, at the very least, idiot?

[edit on 7-9-2007 by ipsedixit]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I agree with what you said 100%, very odd.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
I agree with the post drawing attention to the fact that they left two TWO YEAR OLDS with one FOUR YEAR OLD and checked on them every thirty minutes. And keep in mind these parents are both medical professionals. I have worked in security for many years. The scenario just described is incomprehensible.

I have both, a four year old and an "almost" 2 year old. And I just can't imagine leaving them alone. Without a doubt the 4 yo boy would kill the almost two yo girl. He wouldn't mean to, of course, but would just being a spunky 4 yo boy. Not to mention the stuff they'd get into AND the 4yo can open doors just great, thank you very much! He'd have that door open in 30 seconds or less with his little sister right behind him!

It's insane to leave them alone at that age. They don't have a clue what's safe and what's not. They're completely and totally vulnerable to anything that could happen.

I don't believe that two educated adults would do such a thing.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by actonkid

How about if the kids were so sedated that they wouldnt wake up? Unfortunately, one of the forever.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

Then, if that's what happened, they should both be hanged! Very S L O W L Y!!

That would just be so horrible. What a beautiful little thing she was too.

Very sad!
Terrie

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I heard they found blood in a car that was found in a car they rented 25 days after her death. Does anyone have info on that? I'm in the middle of a project and have only heard about it on the tv.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The idea that they had sedated the children in order to have a quiet meal at a restaurant is very problematic, since it doesn't seem to allow for the discovery of the dead child, hiding the child's body and then conducting a thorough search for the body guaranteed not to find the body all within a very tight schedule of thirty minute intervals between checks on the children. How would you make a scenario like that work?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ParanormalShiver

That doesn't make any sense really. Were would they put the child for that long? What was the blood? Was it dried that you would find perhaps by moving a dead body? Or was it drops like you would find from a living person? Have they done DNA?

I haven't heard this. All I have are questions.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I don't know if there is anything at all to the sedation theory, but suppose there is, and the children were sedated in order to guarantee a nice quiet dinner a short distance away from the apartment. While you are having that meal along comes a professional child abductor, whose modus operandi is to drug the child befor he makes off with it. He gets into the flat, drugs the already drugged Madeleine, thus overdosing her and causes her death.

I just don't understand why the parents did not make use of the baby sitting service offered by the resort. Very little about this case makes any sense at all.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
The idea that they had sedated the children in order to have a quiet meal at a restaurant is very problematic

Agreed, and furthermore, wouldn't two doctors know how much sedative per pound of the child? Chase was hospitalized for two weeks when he was two with a resistant type of bacterial pneumonia and they had to keep him sedated so that he didn't pull out his IV's and monitors.

And that hospital was FULL young children getting treatment. Wouldn't they know the dosage? They're medical doctors for goodness sake.

I just don't get it.
T

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by actonkid

Why is it problematic? They are on vacation... they wanna relax for the first time is several years, so they sedate her... overly. They # up... they were stupid out of the shere idea that they wanted relaxation so bad that they acted rash... # sake, it's not like this is the first time someone overreacted because they had enough of a troublesome child.

For some idiotic reason it just ended up in mainstream media so the papers could sell a lot of frontpages and all the do-gooders in the world could go "awwwwww".

Makes me sick to be honest. If they turn out to be the killers, even though it was an accident, hang em both... should make an example not to waste peoples time or money that easily. Go check out how many kids go missing every day... crist.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by actonkid

Wow, you are naive.
The news and history is full of stories of people leaving their children alone. In homes, hot cars, hotel rooms wherever.
Then there are the stories of moms drowning their children in lakes and bathtubs, another mother in Tx that stabbed her two children to death because she was tired of their expenses.
In all cases like this in the US Detectives will always follow up on the leads provided by the parents first, it would be irresponsible and negligent not to.
However, when those leads have dried up and if the parents stories are "fishy" or inconsistent, they will come back to them.
Also, them offering her a plea bargain doesnt necessarily mean shes guilty but it is used as a tactic with suspects, offering them 2 years to fess up or face life if you go to trial, they get a lot of confessions this way.

And no, i didnt learn this from watching Police shows, someone in my immediate family has been a cop all my life, I almost became one as well..
Thank god i came to my senses

[edit on 9/7/2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

Loved that "thought better of it" cop comment!

Actually, I'm not naive, I think I just didn't say it right. We can infer that these two parents are intelligent and well educated by the fact that they are doctors. We can also infer that they have some money because they were out of the country on holiday with their children.

That being said, you would think that intelligent upstanding citizens. Not your run of the mill trailer trash with no money and no real help. I myself have told my husband that I was calling the Dr., that either Chase gets put on valium or I AM!! But one of us has to calm down~~ Of course, I didn't but when I said it I sure meant it.

But being a sane person, I got out for an afternoon without the kids and was able to de-stress. I had the money (for a babysitter) and education to know I needed time away from the kids for awhile.

I guess what I meant to say was I can't believe intelligent, middle class or + parents could do such a thing. The situation just doesn't make any sense to me.

Terrie

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
That logic makes no sense.. Where are you from anyway?
There are many,many high profile cases from very "well off" people in the US.
Your so called trailer trash love their kids just as much as any rich person could, if not more.. Does the name Jon Benet ring a bell? yea her parents were never convicted but it doesnt matter..
The woman in Houston that drowned her 5 kids came from a "well off" family, i forget what position her husband held but he made some money.
Darlie Routier stabbed both her children to death in Rowlett Tx, shes on death row now. They were fairly well off to.
Sorry but you saying that rich people are less capable of violence against their kids or anyone else, than lower to middle income people, is a bunch of BS.
Get your head out of the air long enough to look around at life and you may catch a glimpse of reality.
Im sorry if that sounded to rude but you've got to see for yourself how narrow minded that statement is.. Poorer families in America actually seem to have even closer relationships with their kids than the wealthier ones do.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
That logic makes no sense.. Where are you from anyway?
There are many,many high profile cases from very "well off" people in the US.
Your so called trailer trash love their kids just as much as any rich person could, if not more.. Does the name Jon Benet ring a bell? yea her parents were never convicted but it doesnt matter..
The woman in Houston that drowned her 5 kids came from a "well off" family, i forget what position her husband held but he made some money.
Darlie Routier stabbed both her children to death in Rowlett Tx, shes on death row now. They were fairly well off to.
Sorry but you saying that rich people are less capable of violence against their kids or anyone else, than lower to middle income people, is a bunch of BS.
Get your head out of the air long enough to look around at life and you may catch a glimpse of reality.
Im sorry if that sounded to rude but you've got to see for yourself how narrow minded that statement is.. Poorer families in America actually seem to have even closer relationships with their kids than the wealthier ones do.

NO! Absolutely not! I just feel for the women who don't have HELP! A woman like the one in Dallas whos husband kept making her breed even when she had to be hospitalized for exhaustion and postnatal depression.

You can feel for the woman who has no outlet, no options. But what excuse do you give the well off and intelligent? They have no excuse!

The woman in the trailer who can't get away? She's the one I feel for.

You tell me, what excuse do those parents have? They have everything they need, all the help in the word to care for those children. All the God given intelligence that any of us could as for. What the F= happened? What were they thinking?

Again, you either just want to fight...can't read, or you are seeing what you want to see.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
My theory, the Mccanns sitting around the table drinking alot, having a good time, then the mum goes back to check on Maddie who's playing up and crying, a tantrum basically. The mum looses it and throttles her or something, she dies. From this point on either she hides the body alone and then 25 days later drives it somewhere for final disposal OR Gerry becomes involved at this point and helps her cover the whole thing up too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join