It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madeline McCann's mother to be an official suspect

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Seems the McCanns are fighting on with the search.

The family of Madeleine McCann are to launch a fresh advertising campaign to help find the missing four-year-old.

Up to £80,000 from the McCann's fighting fund will be spent on a new appeal through billboards and other media.

Source.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Thats nothing but a PR move after all the bad publicity.

Thats about their only option seeing as a couple of major contributors told them they couldnt use the money for the defence.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
So there we go wiget... You are in total denial which is obvious to everyone else here except you.

The only time you give any credibility to forensic evidence in the rental car's boot is when you can manipulate it to suit your belief system.

It is not a case of listening to what the facts say. If the facts say murder you will argue to the grave that either:
(a) The don't say murder,
or;
(b) The facts are wrong

That, I believe, is a police theory 'cos they've nowt else to go on. I don't think they did that either. Have the police made an official statement on that? Maybe some calpol for heat stroke but not sleeping pills or syringes. That's ludicrous.

"That I believe" ...well wiget believe anything you want because in a court of law the police will produce witnesses, the actual evidence and spectrographic analysis of the body fluids, DNA test results and blow away all the delusional thinkers who refuse to believe parents kill kids.

Actually wiget had you been at the above mentioned party you would likely have:

(a) denied there was any evidence of Marijuana
(b) questioned if I really saw what I saw

[edit on 15-9-2007 by sy.gunson]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Please people remember the topic of this thread is Madeleine McCann, not each other.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
There's an interesting new story on Timesonline.co.uk

Madeleine officer charged over another missing girl

The investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann was in chaos last night after the detective coordinating the hunt for her abductor was charged with criminal offences over another notorious missing child case.

Goncalo Amaral and four other Portuguese police officers were charged over the weekend with offences relating to the inquiry into the disappearance of Joana Cipriano from a village seven miles from where Madeleine was abducted.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Having painted a somewhat sinister portrait of British doctors on holiday, let me even the scales of blind justice by sketching an Algarve resort in the worst possible light.

I’ve never been to Prahia da Luz, but I have hitch-hiked extensively in Europe, particularly along the Cote d’Azur and in other touristy areas.

One thing these places have in common is an army of people whose purpose is to “soak” the tourists. Most of these opportunists are “honest” business people of various sorts. Yes, they are going to charge you an arm and a leg for whatever they provide, but, and it is an important but, they do want your return business. They are not going to kidnap and/or murder one of your children.

Unfortunately, other types abound in these areas. These are the predators and scavengers.

They can be criminal types offering the usual line of illegal goods and services or scavanger types who want to get a slice of the tourist dollar anyway they can. There are also sexual predators of every description. Then there are the “official” scavangers. These are the crooked cops, customs officers, border and immigration officials, etc. At the lowest end of the scale there are youths who will snatch anything they can get their hands on, and I mean anything.

In all of these holiday places the predators have a lot going for them. They have targets with money, who are relaxed, looking to have a good time and who are unfamiliar with their current surroundings. Best of all, the targets stay for a while and then they go. If you do them wrong in any way and can finesse your way around them for a limited period of time, usually a week or two, you are home free without legal consequences and can go on to your next target.

It is important to get a mental picture of a plethora of petty crimes, of victims who don’t speak the local language, of police who are understaffed and overwhelmed by demanding foreigners used to a level of response that the locals simply can’t furnish. An “attitude” develops. The attitude is best described by a physical gesture, a shrug.

One more twist, many of these predator and scavenger types are not from Prahia da Luz either. They could be from anywhere in Europe or North Africa. When I was in France I met a guy from Morocco who frankly told me that he didn’t care what he did in France.

This is the environment that our oh so smart and clever British doctors landed in.

Here are two links to articles concerning the “alleged” actions of one of the lead detectives in the Madeleine investigation. This is the guy referred to by Wigit.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

news.sky.com...

Nothing as yet proven, but it’s a disturbing picture. The similarities to the Madeleine case certainly catch the eye.

Here is a link to comments made by the Australian woman whose child was snatched by dingos. I think she makes a lot of sense.

news.sky.com...

[edit on 16-9-2007 by ipsedixit]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by foriZ
Police have known "for a month" that Madeleine had died in the apartment, it is widely reported. The tabloid newspaper 24 Horas says that the police are looking for Madeleine's body in the sea, helped by English sniffer dogs. They have intensified searches around the nearby town of Lagos and along the Algarvian coast, it says.

After looking on google earth at the surrounding areas for possible disposal sites there are a few other places the should be checked out if nothing turns up in the sea......
There are 7 small lakes/water areas between Barao de Sao Joao and Barao de Sao Miguel.
There are 9 small lakes/water areas at the Boavista Golf Course.
There is the harbour at Lagos
& several lakes, irrigation systems and a large estuary coming in from the sea at Meia Praia.
I do hope everyone is wrong and they find her alive and well but this long after her disapearance and with all the evidence coming up of late the outlook for poor Maddie is looking grimmer by the day.

[edit on (16/9/0707 by catgtr33]

[edit on (16/9/0707 by catgtr33]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
My own bet for a place to dump a body would be somewhere along the coast, in the water, probably toward Burgos rather than Lagos. I think there is a better chance of being unobserved there.

If she's been dumped at sea, it's a good bet that her body has been eaten by sharks by now. Remnants may have floated to shore, but then the problem becomes birds. (Although carrion eating birds could also be a tip-off.)

If bones have made it to shore, the dogs might find them. If you put the dogs in a small boat and ran it along the coast in the evening when the wind is blowing from the land to the sea, you might catch scent of something and be able to zero in on it

I'm interested in whether the police efforts to dig up the fresh paving areas around the church yield any results. The dogs must have sensed something there.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by ipsedixit]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Just on BBC news: Richard Branson has given £100,000 for the costs involved in defending themselves.

link

[edit on 16/9/2007 by Now_Then]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
the typical mode of that kind of operation revolves around uncertainty, hearsay, sensationalism and a good dose of cynicism, iow. a winning combination - or so it seems.

the problem i see is that we cannot expect to be told the whole story, ie. that any suspicous detail might be resolved easily if we only knew one more detail, they did not tell, because it would hurt the agenda.

let's see, the parents suddenly became suspects months after the fact, may is ask why IF there was evidence of them drugging their own children?

there's a history of pedophile-related crime going on in Portugal.

www.cbsnews.com...

www.cnn.com...

www.prisonplanet.com...

so, strictly imho, the McCanns got the shaft because they became too vocal and because public attention did not fade as expected (projected?), so they only way was to taint the people involved, and to top it off,

these cynical and convenient explanations are gobbled up by an eager crowd that keeps crowing for blood - anyone's blood, no matter what.

ipsedixit's provided an example of such a witch hunt gone wrong (if there is such a thing in witch hunts)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

if you keep insisting that

Originally posted by dgtempe
Well, maybe there's a lynch mob mentality because these situations are usually perpetrated by the parents.

consider for a moment who stands to gain? it's all too clear that you could find thousands of cases like this to convey the image, so that in cases where relatives put up a fuss, they are silenced by framing.

Two Birds with one Stone, you get a convict (= closed files) while the surviving relatives who might have gone on some sort of vendetta are rotting behind bars.

Read this thread, even only skim through it and then come back and tell me, h*ck, tell the surviving victims that it's usually 'in the family'.

this mentality gives gangs and their leaders all the power in the world, because people will turn on one another at a whim. but i guess once there's a conviction, again, any conviction the dust will quickly settle.

[edit on 17.9.2007 by Long Lance]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Now the Portuguese investigator is coming under scrutiny and has been accused of wrongdoing in another similar case:

www.news.com.au...

THE senior detective jointly in charge of the investigation into the Madeleine McCann disappearance is to face a criminal hearing into an alleged cover-up involving another missing girl.

Chief Inspector Goncalo Amaral has been accused of concealing evidence that the mother of eight-year-old Joana Cipriano, who disappeared in the Algarve three years ago, was tortured by police into confessing she had killed her daughter.

The senior officer, who heads the Policia Judiciaria in Portimao, the nearest Portuguese town to Praia da Luz from where Madeleine vanished, could appear before the secret hearing as early as next month.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   

'Lie Detector Test Will Clear Our Names'

Well, seems they are confident enough to take a lie detector test to clear their names.

As far as i know lie detector results are not used in a court of law?

Source.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 281011

I just got my ass chewed on Daily Kos Because I attempted discuss my weird connection to this story. I too have a line in my right eye. I've never seen any one else with this eye pattern (I'm 44) - so when I saw her in a flash on tv- I ran to my computer for verification- I really couldn't believe it. So this lead me to research Cat Eye syndome - rare, and assciated with mental & physical retardation. Neither I nor Madelind appear to suffer from. I also had recently hooked up w/ One Great Family. So two thoughts came to me- is it genetic and if so was there a geneological connection between me & madeline?
My mother always said she was all Irish- but I quickly learned theat her fathers side was Scottish and his mothers side originated in France. I found information about the scottish side back to 1206 and possibly Willaim the conquer who they rode with- possibly of Norman descent. That family motto is "Confido" (I trust). My great grandmother 's side is obviously from The French region.- Jardine - Garden in french, motto Cave Adsum (Beware I am Present- or watching). It appears the Jardine name rode with Robert the Bruce ( direct blood lineage yet to be determined). So I delve deeper, Why the migration from Norman territory to Scotland then to Ireland- Religion seems to be the key. It is know that my great,great grands were Convenants, who finally landed in Canada.It is apparent these two families moved together - a daughter ahs a Jardine middle name before the marriage of my ancestors- so the connection goes back at least to ireland, probably scotland and possibley france. I am a spiriual pragmatist- not ususally freaked out by coincidences.I'm finding interestin connection to my fathers heritage, Verona Italy. But it's already too complicated , but I make a mental not. If Luthuanaian figures into these connections they are going to have to take me away in a straight jacket- so far so good. But they have been happening so often and so blatantly I can no longer deny them. For reasons I can not explain I got the compulsion to get tattooed- a personal hieryglyph in Horus fashion w/ perosnal touchs.I've always hated needles and have fainted during blood draws. I finally watched the Da Vinci Code on Cable in May. Which didn't mean much until I visited the cemetery the family is buried in and Noticed my grandfatehr was a 32nd mason-Sargent of Arms it appears- there is a sword with his name engraved on it. I could go on about the little strange thing that have been occuring since I saw Madeline and her eye. I send this out in hopes my Cat Eye Sister can be helped. I've tried to e-mail the parents to use my Eye- there are still people who follow folklores and mythology (even Christians) to their literal ends., perhaps it will scare the crap out of who ever has her or harmed her.
Any other thoughts regarding my quest for personal context in life, would be welcomed. I must though admit, this is the last outpost for out of the box thinking- which appears now to be our only hope to understanding and controlling our world- status quo questions and answers are no longer cutting it.
I've tried to figure out how to add a picture of my eye to support my claim- but like I said, i'm 44 and I don't have a kid around to show me. I'll try to send it through the contact to see if they'll add it or allow it- it's rather the point of the post.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by purple girl

This is completely off topic and adds nothing to the story of this little girls abduction.. I mean seriously, I'm still trying to figure out exactly what point you were trying to make here. So you have a weird looking pupil too? so what, make your own thread about it geez..

On to the real topic at hand here;

I read the story the other day about the police sketch of a possible abductor and this little girl and the first thing that came to my mind is.. Why is this JUST now coming out?

Also, it appears like her parents have used about 1/3 or over 66% of the 2 million dollars of donations for personal expenses, including their mortgage, they act like they hit the powerball or something. They should be ashamed, if anything they should have donated it to some organization or support group for other children who have been kidnapped..

A spokesman for the McCann family has refused to comment on allegations they used some of the Madeleine fund to pay their mortgage.

The statement comes after the Daily Mail reported that the family’s spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, confirmed: "part of the donations ... had been used to help with mortgage payments".

Mitchell told Sky News the use of the money was in line with the fund's objectives, "to provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine's family".

The Find Madeleine Fund has attracted more than £1 million (over $2 million) in public donations, to help find Madeleine McCann.

However, use of the fund has been called into question after it was revealed about a third of the money had been used to meet the McCanns' living costs, publicity fees and pay staff.

Story

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I have long sense given up hope on Madeline being found alive and well, but this article does bring a small bit of hope...Italy's Madeleine McCann, Denise Pipetone- 'Found'

A young Italian girl who went missing four years ago - and was dubbed Italy's Madeleine McCann - has apparently been found alive and well.

I believe this was one of the theories in Madeline's dissapearance as well.

Keeps some of the hope alive, some.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
I have long sense given up hope on Madeline being found alive and well, but this article does bring a small bit of hope...Italy's Madeleine McCann, Denise Pipetone- 'Found'

A young Italian girl who went missing four years ago - and was dubbed Italy's Madeleine McCann - has apparently been found alive and well.

I believe this was one of the theories in Madeline's dissapearance as well.

Keeps some of the hope alive, some.

It looks like at least this story will have an happy ending, which is fairly unusual after that length of time.

I'm wondering how the Roma angle is going to be dealt with. I can imagine the media will treat this quite gingerly whilst at least a good chunk of the public will jump on idea of 'thieving gypsies!' It doesn't bode well for relationships between gypsies and Italians as this comes after a year of some pretty dire goings-on.

Historically, there's always been a lot of finger-pointing at the Roma regarding child abduction, I wonder how much of it is true and how much is easy scapegoating?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Mmmm long time since I've visited this thread

I note that the news dates from 12 September 08

Have just been in the 3 Arguidos forum (dedicated to justice for Madeleine and has been running for ever, feels like the3arguidos.net... ) and can see no mention of the Denise and Roma story. If I have time, I'll go back in there later and have a look through the September posts

As a rule though, Clarence Mitchell promotes good-news stories like this .. allegedly ... arousing suspicion as to his motives within many who do not believe Maddie was abducted by one or more strangers. And Fox news has been part and parcel of the Maddie mystery from moment one, apparently, and is not considered credible by many as a source of reliable news .. allegedly

By now, being mid-October, there should be information online as to whether or not the child found on Kos was actually Denise. I'll have a look later if I get the chance

Thanks for the update

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

A POLICE report into the disappearance of Maddie McCann said she died in the family's holiday apartment, a court was told today.
The lawyer in charge of the original inquiry said the report was signed by Tavares De Almeida, who was chief inspector of police at the time the youngster vanished.

Jose Magalhaes e Menezes also revealed that text messages sent by Kate and Gerry McCann were intercepted by Portuguese police who were suspicious about the couple's role in the then almost four-year-old's disappearance.

But the texts were not considered as part of the 2007 investigation because a judge would not allow it.

Trial ... Goncalo Amaral
Mr Menezes was the first witness called at a libel trial brought by the McCanns against former police chief Goncalo Amaral.

His book — "Maddie: The Truth Of The Lie" — claimed the tot died in the family's apartment in the holiday resort of Praia da Luz in May 2007.

The McCanns have always maintained their daughter went missing as they dined with friends in a restaurant nearby.

Mr Menezes said the decision to make the McCanns arguidos — Portuguese for suspects — was taken after sniffer dogs brought from England identified blood in the couple's flat and rental car.

The dogs also found a scent on a piece of cloth in a flat rented by the McCanns after they left the apartment, he said.

The McCanns want £1MILLION compensation and a ruling to stop Amaral repeating his claims.

Advertisement

The couple's lawyer told the court they were prepared to give evidence — but only after Amaral had done.

The McCanns have also called a new witness — named Luis Frois — in the trial.

Amaral was in charge of the original Maddie investigation, but he was taken off the case after slamming British cops in an interview.

Arriving in Lisbon yesterday, Mr McCann said: "No-one can be allowed to say that our daughter can't be found without very good evidence. That's what this court case is about."

Mrs McCann said: "We're looking for justice."

Sorry Mrs McCann, its not justice when you're trying to cover up the truth!
Its unbelievable how they're trying to silence him like he's a nobody. He got to his position in employment in life for a reason and them trying to discredit him like this is atrocious!!

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Loopdaloop]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
There was a lot of slamming of the Portuguese police at the time. Like our police is so wonderful... Ironically if they HAD been more on the ball, maybe the McCanns wouldn't now be in a position to sue anybody.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by unicorn1
There was a lot of slamming of the Portuguese police at the time. Like our police is so wonderful... Ironically if they HAD been more on the ball, maybe the McCanns wouldn't now be in a position to sue anybody.

I have a feeling that this could be the start of their downfall, It's almost a trial by proxy as the police finally get the opportunity to state the evidence which they had against the Mccans.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join