It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

tuesday 9-11-07

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
why are we so fixated with numbers and dates? and why do people still call it september 11th? I bet you no one here knows what day was september 11th 2001. I just think it's wrong to call it 911. it's just a date, a date before the attack and a date after the attack..it should be remembered not by the date, but by the attack. "world trade center Attack".

no, a date gives a historical reference. imagine if all the records of earth were dated by "monday" or "wednesday" and there weren';t any years or months or times written on anything, ever.

a date, although to you may be no more than an abstract concept, is simply a reference to a specific occurrence, down to the exact position of the sun and earth - and some people live their lives by the importance of the placement of stars (aka a date). Say... farmers? Astronomers? etc.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The entire Roman Empire was recorded by saying who was consul in that year, not a numeric date.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jaruseleh

Originally posted by TheRepublic...why a day with so much astrological and numerological significance...

I just wanted to comment on that particular line. I don't think 9/11 is all that significant as far as numerology. what I mean by that is, I think had it have been on March 4th, people would find numerogical importance in 3/4. Or December 10th, 12/10...I'm guessing that just about any date is going to have "numerological importance". Most likely the same with Astrology...my personal opinion is that once you start getting into numerology and astrology, you've already WAY overthought the subject at hand.

But that's just my opinion....

But using the "numerology" idea: The majority of the rest of the world, (as well as our military) express dates as DD/MM/YY, so today would be 11/09/07... Odd numbers is descending order. Anybody see any signifigance in that? I don't know, just a thought.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

im not sure if the order matters in numerology or not, but the numbers are the same.
one other thought about the number of the year. 9-11-01

1 is a beginning number

9-11-07

7 is a number of completion, like there are 7 days in a week. the week ends on the seventh day. i dont know, each hour that goes by it looks more like im wrong...and thats just fine by me

top topics

<< 1   >>

join