It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to make a bunker completely undetectable?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Line it with lead? Tin foil? Imagine an alien invasion and they are scanning the entire surface of the earth with infrared, sonic radar, heat and movement sensor, etc. How to avoid their detection?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Absolutely impossible.
We have sattelites that can detect the minute thermal variations in water from submarines. The heat, or lack thereof, a bunker would cause in the ground would be glaringly obvious if you were looking for it. Plus, ground-penetrating radar and sonar can pick out a pinhead at 10 metres. Not much can hide from that stuff.
Plus you've got increasingly accurate vibration sensors. If you've ever gone to a museum where they've got seismometer, and you blow on a wall and you can see the thing move, then you've got some idea of just how sensitive those things can get.

The only reason bunkers could be hidden so well in the Cold War was because the other side coudn't actually actively search for it. You have to pretty much be on-location to look for a bunker. So if there's a place these aliens can't go, then that's where you want to build your bunker, with lots of insulation as well.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
What if it's 10, 50, or 100 feet below ground? There must be a way to be undetectable. OBL is at large...

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by chickeneater

An underground bunker in the middle of nowhere can be detected. However, a bunker hidden in plain site would be hard to detect. That is, put it in an urban area where heat signatures, EMI, etc. can be lost in the crowd.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by chickeneater
Line it with lead? Tin foil? Imagine an alien invasion and they are scanning the entire surface of the earth with infrared, sonic radar, heat and movement sensor, etc. How to avoid their detection?

easy. Hide it under a blanket.

Lookit!!
Its done here with the Lockheed plant in the 50's. I saw this thread about the same time I was on Digg.

[edit on 7-9-2007 by Kaiwynn]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaiwynn

Cool! But that probably works on visual detection only though...

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Assuming technology continues to evolve as it has to date, there would be no conceivable cap on these types of things.

A species who is technologically ahead of us would likely always be able to overcome anything we can develop at our current level. If we have the ability to build a base a mile below ground, they should logically be advanced enough to detect it...

Assumibly at their level of technology it should be possible to build a base that cannot be detected by their current technology level. However, its only a matter of time before that method ceases to work...

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
You could make a bunker thermally invisible if you didn't heat it, so that it would be the same temperature as the surroundings. It might get a bit cold, though!

If you made your bunker into a faraday cage you could protect it from electromagnetic detection systems.

Also note that you would have to construct the bunker without being seen by a spy satellite or observed in any other way visually. Having a completely hidden bunker is useless if 'they' know where it is.

The vibrations would be tricky to mask. However, there are technologies for isolating a building from external vibrations, and maybe these would work. They use them in micro- and nano- fabrication laboratories, so that nearby vibrations, like a car driving down a road, do not disturb the creation of integrated circuits or other tiny devices. You'd have to read up on that for more details, and it would be extremely pricy, anyway.

Lining it with lead would block x-rays, but I don't think x-rays are used for that sort of detection, anyway. I could be wrong, though.

I cannot think of any way to counteract sonar detection.

These ideas are just off the top of my head, in response to some of the other ideas and considerations expressed up to this point.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
My apartment is pretty undetectable...nice little bunker. The only folks who can get in are other card carrying members of the club.

Still, no one comes to visit. Not even the Fed's.

I don't line with lead, I just decorate with thrift store goods.

Still, the aliens find me - but eh, that's life.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
You construct it 100 feet under Abingdon Street. London. SW1P 3JY.

zero lift

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
There is a bunker under every 7-11.
Ok just kidding.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
yeah i dont think you can hide youre bunker from them. but what you can do,
design youre bunker to look like a giant extended middle finger from space.

...at least youll go out letting them know what you really think of their thermal satalites...

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

They'll misunderstood that finger as a gesture of appeasement AKA E.T.

How about stealth technology? "Mirror" or bounce the seeking signal back.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by chickeneater

it is very easy to make a undetectable bunker if you do your research and have some extra money. All the new detecting equipment is impressive indeed but not perfect. The main bunker hunter equipment deployed by the armed forces is very easily fooled. Ground penetrating radar is difficult to deploy and only accurate to certain depths and unless you are down there hammering in nails there sonar and sysmic equipment wont pick up a person talking or breathing ( you could even get a white noise generator to cover up any noise you may make). Now as far as what the government depends on for finding bunkers is a small device that can be carried by a helicopter and it finds the static generated by ballists, and most other electronic equipment. They can tell you how many lights you have and what watt they are.If you insulate every ballist and every piece of equipment and separately ground them to a six foot steel rod driven into the ground these system will become undetectable, you should have these system protected by a light shielding anyway due to the e.m.p pulse at the time of the nuclear blast. But it is not the bunker itself that usually gives away its position but more the entrance way.A good tracking dog is all that is needed to find your door no matter now well concealed it is, a bucket of a ammonia based cleaner inside the door will take care of their senses and they will keep sniffing like nothing has happened and meanwhile they cant smell a thing The eye in the sky does do a good job at finding you but with a good cameo netting above your work site and this problem is solved. In Iraq they had to send in rangers to pin point major enemy positions because there were whole battalions hidden from satelite by proper application of cameo netting. I see a lot of people giving you ridiculous information and making light of the question asked. While their government (who knows a lot more than they ever could) sells their old nuclear bunkers for peanuts and are spending trillions in new super secrete bunkers so deep in the earth that it would boggle the mind. I see the queens bunker was for sale and it was a whole underground town with pub, train station ,streets and all. These bunkers they have now are not nuclear bunkers, they far exceed any spec's for nuclear attack. I was in the east coast several years ago and was fortunate enough to have a friend working on the tunnel work of one of these bunkers, We drove a weird low profile mining buggy down a slanted shaft for more than 17 miles and at the end we were over a mile deep and aprox.11 miles out under the Atlantic. It was an awesome thing to see and yet scary as hell. So do your research and dont let people discourage you, after all perfect paranoia is perfect awareness.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by zero lift
You construct it 100 feet under Abingdon Street. London. SW1P 3JY.

zero lift

nice one mate !!...

hope you are well, got some more research material for you re: airborne release tests.
will get it to you very soon.

snoopyuk

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by denis67

Denis67

you are correct in your assumptions, and statement.

i will not go in to too much detail for obvious reasons. but yes most of the UK`s old bunkers have now been sold off , and the ones that havent yet are in the process of being mothballed....or put to other goverment/military uses
they are building new ones however. the company i work for is involved in a small way with this .
a couple of the new ones are utilising old mines that do indeed go very deep and go out in some cases, under the sea.

take care

snoopyuk

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This is one reason why I think the grid will go down, almost must go down. If we have a world war, civil war, or something, the technology is so great that no one could survive. But if the grid went down, then at least everyone would be sort of equal in technology. We'd be fighting with the older stuff or older technologies, but at least some people could head for the hills and maybe not be detected. While I hate to think about the grid going down, or war in general, I rather at least everyone have an equal chance.

While I have never done much at all to bother anyone, and hardly even have a parking or traffic violation, one day I might be an enemy of someone. I don't want to fight, and I'd head for the hills if I could. But if someone could just blow me away from thousands of feet in the air, that is hardly fair at all. I want at least the chance to hide out and maybe try to bug out for a while, using whatever few survival skills I have. I don't plan to bother anyone, but just subsist as best as I can. I don't even plan to steal to survive. I'd probably die of starvation, but I'd just rather be left alone and undetected while dying thinking I have a bit of freedom.

edit on 26-11-2010 by jessieg because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
to make de bunker undetectable:
take away de keyboard

there is no way to make a bunker undetectable to them but they can make them undetectable to us

they have so many ground penetrating radars and sanners
and they can watch you build it from space witrh satalites.
even a beagle can find things
after all you have to vent your bunker I would guess
put a mic on the ground and listen

or they would just follow you around
i would say hide in plane sight might stand a better chance
or just be so insignificant that you are not worth their time to persue

if they drop a bunker buster or big bomb nearby or there is an earth quake or flood
the shockwaves or w ater traveling through the ground might not be good for the bunker either

Iraq had the most or second most bunkers in the world
they said back in the day..did that help them
did any escape detection?
edit on 26-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I do know of a bunker in East London that I don't think is public knowledge at all and it's under a normal government IT / planning building so I guess it would be pretty undetectable using heat signatures as it would be difficult to distinguish it from the activity on the upper floors.

It's disused now though as far as I know as it's used to store servers and things, but it still has HUGE thick metal blast doors etc

I'm not sure if I would get into some kind of trouble if I posted where it is

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
just build it like a pyramid.

from above the radar would hit the sides and bounce away (only the point would be registered and be small)
making it domed would bounce off the top and the very minute angle from centre would bounce back making u appear larger than you are.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join