It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Dad's pool story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Years ago, my Dad used to work for a pool company. They used to open and close pools, and stuff of this nature. Anyway, they were working on this pool, when the owner and them got to bsing. He told them this story about his mother. I'm going to recount it to the best of my memory.

"My mother was going blind. The doctors said nothing could be done for her. There were no drops, no treatment that could save her vision. The quality of her sight was dropping fast. "

"I talked to everyone I knew about it. My mom enjoyed life so much. This condition was really a blow to her. One day I heard about a guy who did some miraculous treatments for people. I contacted him to see if he would help, and he agreed to have a look. I asked my mom if she would see this guy, but she refused several times. However, she eventually gave in, and agreed to undergoing this man's treatment."

"The man used some sort of alternative therapy. Within one treatment my mom's vision improved. Another, she no longer needed glasses. Her sight was returning! It was amazing!"

"Then before her last treatment my mom asked me 'What religion is this man that's treating me. Is he a Christian?' When I said 'No, he's a Hindu.' my mom flipped out. She said 'How dare you have some witch doctor messing with my eyes! You want me to go to Hell!?' Then she made me cancel the last appointment, and put on her glasses though she no longer needed them. She went blind soon after, and has hardly talked to me since."

That's at least the gist of the story. It's a very sad thing to hear. Someone else had helped her, but, being a devout Christian woman, she would not have a "heathen" working on her. Only good Christian folk.

Throughout the world, in many cultures and religions, I'm sure there are similar people. Religion was supposed to offer Hope, and teach us how to get the most out of our lives. However, for many, they've become a place of division, a reason for war, hatred, fear, a way to control the masses. Instead, how many people throughout history have simply given up on living, in hopes for the opportunity to live in death? It conjures a sobering image.

If people cannot live together, and live happily in this life, what have their leaders really taught them, besides obedience? Waiting for death is the most abject of all possible ways to spend your life. If you cannot appreciate or make use of what you have, why would you deserve eternity?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Well I'm pretty sure that this "alternative therapy" the Hindu used was complete bull# anyway. If there was nothing modern medicine could do for her eyes, you can bet your years salary that this Hindu did nothing at all to improve her condition. With the exception of perhaps making her THINK it was so (power of suggestion).

Edn

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
You shouldn't jump to conclusions SilentGem. Yes there are many fakers out there but there are people who can do what appears to magic to your average westerner and your belief that modern western medicine is some how better is also mis placed.

new topics

join