It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis and the bermuda triangle

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The gas National Geographic was talking about was Methane. The Methane gets dislodged from it's frozen confines down at the bottom of the sea and causes bubbles on the surface. Since surface tension on the water is displaced by the bubbles, there is no buoyancy - hence, the boat sinks. The same is true for aircraft. Methane will displace the thicker air and those aircraft will drop like rocks. That episode of National Geo also had the videos from the Bermuda to prove that the missing aircraft and ships - most of them - were caused by the Methane rising to the surface. As far as screwy compasses are concerned, I can't remember what they attributed that to. It could just be stronger than normal electromagnetism in that area. The Earth, is after all, a giant powerplant.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Yeah, this is a bit off the Atlantis thing, but has anyone read the Dulce PApers? They state that OLD alien expiraments messed up some molecular structure or something there....It's a bit far-fetched, but I just thought it might tie in with the whole extra-power theory

[Edited on 31-1-2004 by Valedamar]

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by templersstorms1312
atlantis is not in the bermuda triangle, the bermuda triangle was made by a big comet called the dinosaur killer. that is why it is deep.

No son, thats in the Gulf of Mexico

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I was watching discovery and they said that the reason ships sink there is because of gasses reising to the surface, making the ship heavier than it really is, causing them to sink. The reson for the aircrafts going missing is serposed to be some kind of magnetic field or somethig causing all their equipment to get all screwed up.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmbryonicEssence
The gas National Geographic was talking about was Methane. The Methane gets dislodged from it's frozen confines down at the bottom of the sea and causes bubbles on the surface. Since surface tension on the water is displaced by the bubbles, there is no buoyancy - hence, the boat sinks. The same is true for aircraft. Methane will displace the thicker air and those aircraft will drop like rocks. That episode of National Geo also had the videos from the Bermuda to prove that the missing aircraft and ships - most of them - were caused by the Methane rising to the surface. As far as screwy compasses are concerned, I can't remember what they attributed that to. It could just be stronger than normal electromagnetism in that area. The Earth, is after all, a giant powerplant.

Thanks for that info. It's the same doco' i saw, but your memory
is much better than mine

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I've believed this since I was old enough to kno what the triangle and atlantis were. If you ask me, I bet that there is some ancient tech someone left running, perhaps a teleportation device? Would explain where they all went(Some kind of event that made them all leave at once in a hurry) and why ships and things seem to vanish when they get out there.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Xilvius

The evidence is pointing more and more to Minos. A catastrophic volcanic explosion destroyed the area more than 3500 years ago. Archeologists have found the Minoans to be very advanced and sophisticated. While they probably did not have teleportation, they did have flush toilets.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I think there is some connection there. I'm probably wrong but I have heard of many stories relating to precious stones being found around the triangle.

Sadly I havent done a great deal of research so I can't add much to the topic but it is really odd how there is a strange electro magnetic force.
Aren't certain churches or places of worship also positioned on similar points around the world (points being places with this weird electro magnetic field.)

Also I've heard these points that have this odd occurance of electro magnetic fields have a high number of UFO sightings, in and around.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well the short answer is simple. There are no "triangles", they were just made up by Charles Berlitz to make money.

As has been pointed out. If there were triangle of higher incidences of loss of ships and planes the commercial world would know about it. Insurance and shipping rates would reflect these. They don't.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
There are 2 things that are needed for a civilization to develop from scratch - domesticated crops and animals. Any civilization before the ones we know of would have to have started with those 2 ingredients. It's a long, slow process - and even if it had happened on a now sunken land there would be be genetic evidence in crops today to point us in the right direction. Here's an 8 minute video that attempts to do that:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tokarski21
There are 2 things that are needed for a civilization to develop from scratch - domesticated crops and animals. Any civilization before the ones we know of would have to have started with those 2 ingredients. It's a long, slow process - and even if it had happened on a now sunken land there would be be genetic evidence in crops today to point us in the right direction. Here's an 8 minute video that attempts to do that:

www.youtube.com...

A good summary and for a Youtube not bad at all.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum

Originally posted by Lilith
I've always been swayed more by other ideas about Atlantis and have never come across this theory.But i've recently watched a documentary which states that some people theorize that the strange phenomena that occurs in the bermuda triangle is due to Atlantis - that some sort of powerful crystals located in atlantis draw people down.....
Has anyone else ever come across this train of thought or evidence to support it ?

I have not heard of any 'crystal theory' regarding the triangle
but a couple of years ago, i saw a docu' from nat' geo,(from mem'),i'm not 2 sure,
and they reckon they proved that below the sea-floor in the triangle is like a air cube thingamabob that u see in a fish-tank.
From mem' i think the ' sea floor is like Pumice and vents
nitrogen. this causes ships to disappear because they drop
to bottom 'cause they can't float on bubbles
the theory also discussed loss of aircraft, cos the gas interferes
with air currents and the planes get pummeld by
'micro-bursts', they just drop out of the sky.
i think it was nitrogen, but i'm not 100p/c sure
the b/t sea floor is very flat and u can see high powered
speed-boats resting upright that have sunk. these were used
4 clandestine op' sorry no links

Since this was the only logical theory presented, the mythbusters actually attempted this with a mock set. Got tanks filled with whichever gas was mentioned (although I highly believe it was methane or nitric based) and put scaled down ships in a huge tank. They released different amounts of gas from the tanks to see which would get the ships to sink. Nothing worked. Myth busted. Actually im pretty sure it was methane gas!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Bballjamal

Yes kudos for the myth buster but actually its just a modern myth. The English Channel has a far higher loss ratio for both planes and ships. As has been noted before. Berlitz made a nice living off peddling this nonsense.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
There is definatley some odd electro magnetic anomalies in the triangle and there have indeed been mention of sightings of a pyramid that is sometimes visible deep beneath the surface of the water that has something brilliant at its tip.

Perhaps this is the reason that the great pyramid had its capstone removed.

could it be connected to Atlantis? I have always wondered that myself.

me too

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I too have questionss regarding Atlantis and the bermuda triangle. If anyone could guide me to some fine links that would be great!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EmbryonicEssence

I too did see this Nat Geo, or one similar and it was interesting even demonstrating how it could work using a scaled down version, they even had a speed boat sink, if I remember correctly.

I do remember that in order to sink the vessel, the ship had to be going in a specific direction in relation to the gas being release, or it would just get pushed around.

For one of the experiments, they released the gas just ahead of the ship and it actually was pushed down under the water by its own momentum.

They tried releasing the bubbles just under the vessel at a stationary spot and it took a couple tries with varying amount of gas for it to sink.

They tried releasing the gas as the vessel was moving over top, and it just veered the vessel off direction.

They also tested the idea on the planes and though the gas would cause turbulence, not much else happened, but what they did notice is that the altimeter indicated that the plane was rising extremely quickly even though it was not, and if the pilot did not have visual out of their window, it was possible that they corrected this by diving down a bit and may actually have caused them to hit the water. The gas if entering the engine was also proven to cause an engine stall.

It was a very interesting documentary.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Hey! You never know. Look at all the "mythical" deep-sea animals they discovered that supposedly live without light. If you ask me, there may be some truth to ancient stories like the Ramayana. Atlantis may or may have not been there, but its pretty clear that the evidence is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join