It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Force Levels In Iraq Swell To All-Time High

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   

US Force Levels In Iraq Swell To All-Time High

ca.news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON (AFP) - US force levels in Iraq have grown to an all-time high of 168,000 troops, a senior Pentagon official said Thursday...

Sherlock said the arrival of more combat brigades will temporarily push the total to as high as 172,000 over the coming months...

In the past, US troops rotations have been used to bulk up US ground forces during elections or other periods when higher levels of violence are expected.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Four and a half years after "shock and awe" and the US has the highest troop levels they've EVER had on the ground in Iraq.

A total failure by any measure IMO.

ca.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit:

during elections or other periods when higher levels of violence are expected.

+

What's With The Sudden Brinkmanship?!

= Coincidence?

[edit on 9/6/2007 by Gools]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Preparation for Iran attack perhaps. They know that Iran controls southern Iraq. The Brit's finally figured that one out.

Our troops are becoming surrounded. Sad part is, they are well within missile range of Iran. Who's the brainiac in the Pentagon who put a big chunk of our Army on the enemies door step to take the initial shotgun blasts?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

When I first read it I also though "Iran". That is a ton of troops when you actually look at the numbers and not just hearing "More troops are being sent". Also with talks of another attack on America it would make me feel a lot better to have a nice handful of our soldiers home in case anything happens.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Just thought I'd add this:

Air Force Quietly Building Iraq Presence (7.14.07)

BALAD AIR BASE, Iraq -- Away from the headlines and debate over the "surge" in U.S. ground troops, the Air Force has quietly built up its hardware inside Iraq, sharply stepped up bombing and laid a foundation for a sustained air campaign in support of American and Iraqi forces.

Squadrons of attack planes have been added to the in-country fleet. The air reconnaissance arm has almost doubled since last year. The powerful B1-B bomber has been recalled to action over Iraq.
source

All this a coincidence, Gools? I think not. Reminds me of this quote..

"Nothing happens by chance, my friend... No such thing as luck. A meaning behind every little thing, and such a meaning behind this. Part for you, part for me, may not see it all real clear right now, but we will, before long."

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Other then the fact that the troop surge is four years to late I don't see what the issue is here. Most people who have the slightest bit of sense knew that the occupation of Iraq had been botched and that Rumsfeld should have been fired long before he was.

new topics

top topics

join