It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Mold Exposure

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Does anyone here know alot about mold?

I live in an apartment. I've lived here for three years. I live with my Dad.

Today, he found a large amount of mold seeping through the walls in his closet.

We live relatively close to a lake, we live partially underground, first floor obviously, like if you look out the window, it's ground level, but the mold is on the walls at floor level, which is underground, and we've had pipes break inside the walls multiple times.

The apartments have never addressed the mold. We had the typical mold there in the shower, and we washed it with bleach, but it came back. But like I said, this large amount in his closet was just found today, and we've been here three years.

My Dad has had headaches for about a year and a half now. He went to the doctor, they said they didn't know, and wrote it off as migraines. So they gave him medication, and it did nothing. Aspirin does nothing.

My brother has had chest pains. He went to the doctor, and they found nothing.

I heard that if you don't tell the doctor to check for mold, they won't find mold.

Those doctor visits were months ago, so we didn't know about the large amount of mold at the time.

So what I'm wondering is, that long of an exposure, what can happen? What are the possible health risks with three years of exposure? And are there treatments for such health risks?

We've all scheduled doctors appointments, and my Dad contacted a lawyer. The lawyer says if it's inside the wall and is seeping out, which it is, then it's the responsibility of the apartments, especially if it's due to the multiple pipe breaks. So they will be sued for this.

If anyone has any valuable information about this, it would be extremely helpful.

Thank you!




posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Been there, done that. I never get sick BUT I am allergic to mold. Allergic to penicillin as well. That makes sense. We lived in an apartment once that mold was painted over. I was continually sick for the year we lived there. Once we saw the mold creep through the paint everything made sense. We moved.



posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Yeah we're moving in a week.

Do you have any permanent health issues because of it?



posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
Yeah we're moving in a week.

Do you have any permanent health issues because of it?


Nope, once away from it things went back to normal.



posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
The first few years of living up north, where I am now, I was stricken with bronchitis and pneumonia many times. Not knowing why I'd always get it end of winter/start of spring, I went on to investigate. Sure enough some mold was growing up from under the carpet. Other places I've been in had mold around the windows, notice the black discoloration of the paint. If you have bronchitis very often, it's said to cause scar tissue in your lungs. It's best to use mold killers and destroy the source of the problem which is dampness. Mold is esp. dangerous to children and older people.



new topics

top topics
 
0

log in

join