It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
CAIRO, Egypt - Terror mastermind Osama bin Laden plans a new video addressing the American people regarding the anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks, terror monitoring groups said Thursday.
SITE Intelligence Group said an Internet announcement of the plan included a photo of the al-Qaida leader from the upcoming video — his beard, which in previous messages had been streaked with gray, was entirely dark.
Intelcenter, which is based in Alexandria, Va., and also monitors Islamic Web sites, said the video was expected within the next 72 hours, or by Sunday. That would come before the sixth anniversary next Tuesday of the World Trade Center attack. The last bin Laden video was in October 2004, shortly before the U.S. presidential elections.
Rita Katz, director of the Washington-based SITE Institute, said bin Laden's beard appeared to have been dyed, which she said is a popular practice in the Middle East.
"I think it works for their benefit that he looks young, he looks healthy," Katz said of the new image.