It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next Short Story Contest Idea

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
It's official.

Gao and Ducky are teaming up.

That makes 3 teams now.

2 more to go!

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Im sorry ducky i couldnt help myself, you know how funny it was coming not long after the u2u i sent you.
i was in stitches on the floor.

Ohh i guess i just bumped this thread too, my bad!!

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Glad to hear you two have teamed up.

If this post seems a little... erm... speckled, don't wipe it, you could catch my cold.

I sound like Porky Pig and look like a demented vampire with Kleenex plugs stuck up my nose. When I sneeze, they fly out like little cruise missiles.

Anyways...

While we're already up to 3, I can see that there is some difficulty getting thing worked out... but fear not!

If the team thing doesn't work out totally, that doesn't mean we can't take submissions from solitary writers or that collaboratively written short stories won't be accepted.

We can have a contest that takes both solitary and collaborative stories.

If a prize is won by 2 members writing collaboratively, after they have sent me a U2U stating that fact prior to the announcement, then those two members will both get the points awarded to that prize. That would be double the prize amount awarded.

So... no matter what, everybody will get a shot at this upcoming contest. look for an announcement for the Halloween Contest this weekend, think horrible scenarios and a deadline of November 1, noon.

[edit on 12/9/07 by masqua]

[edit on 12/9/07 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

I sound like Porky Pig and look like a demented vampire with Kleenex plugs stuck up my nose. When I sneeze, they fly out like little cruise missiles.

Thank god im not the only person that does that. My wife thinks im insane walking around with little plugs in my nostrils and the kids think its hilarious.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
masqua I have been so sick too. I am now on 5 days worth of zithromax... My chest was getting involved and I have too much coming up in the next 4-5 weeks to be full blown sick, but yeah, low grade fever gross nose goblins, I hope we both get over this soon. I have had a head ache all day... No energy to speak of. Ok enough about sickness, be well. Also how do I find the collaborators section of the forum? Is it up yet?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Shearder, thats probably because hes holding you in reserves in case John shoots him down... maybe...
[edit on 11-9-2007 by antar]

hehehe - yes maybe LOL - hey who knows, perhaps you are so right...

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I also don't mind going it alone - no biggie in the BIG scheme of things - we are all great writers and there is such a high caliber of people in this.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Also how do I find the collaborators section of the forum? Is it up yet?

Here you go antar. Collaborative Fiction

(*mojo whispers*, "i love you too hon".)

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Oy... get a room, you two.

More surprises to come yet. Don't give up on collaborative efforts.

^ hint ^

Thanks for giving antar that link, m4s, but I'd like to also give out another one to save as a shortcut...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's handy for finding every forum on ATS.

[edit on 13/9/07 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

*sheepish grin*

Love the new avvy, is that more of your work masqua?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Yup

Thanks for asking. It's a crater on the Plains of Sedonia, Mars.

It'd be a nice setting for a Hallowe'en story, wouldn't you agree?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Oh woe is me - no partner for collaboration - ah well, never mind, I'll have to go it alone and hope for another pity placing

Any thoughts yet on length, subject matter etc?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Watch this weekend for the announcement, budski. There's some movement behind the scenes I don't want to give out just yet, but I will say that it still is a good idea to keep on trying to team up for a collaborative effort.

And, to those who are unable to find co-conspirators or would just prefer to do something on their own, keep your eyes peeled on the Short Stories forum as well.

There are irons in the fire.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I will be MORE than happy to team up with Budski!

If he has yet to find a pardner...

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Sounds very cool. Another possibility is perhaps a specific topic, such as what ever happened to Major Tom. Or maybe a forum mass good will consciousness project for say world peace. Just me 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Sounds like a good idea for a writing contest. Perhaps a specific theme/story etc and see who gives the best based on that requirement.

Nice idea for the next perhaps.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by shearder

Just u2u me and let's see if we can come up with some idea's.
I'd do it, but I get a little thrill when my red u2u light flashes, and I just know you want me to be happy

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
masqua will we be be doing this openly in the collaborative forum for all to see? And when do we begin? Also once it is written can we still edit until we are all happy? Do you know what I mean? I was going through one of the stories in the collaborative section last night and WOW I was so impressed with WOS and the forum moderators story. I needed a Nitro just to keep on reading they were so incredibly great. I just wondered if they simply came in and wrote the next section without even communicating, seemed that way and yet they worked together so brilliantly and harmoniously. I can only dream to be so imaginative and word worthy. I am getting so anxious and excited.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

LMAO yeah i want you to be happy. You shuld have a little red light flashing at the top ;-) now i do hope that made you happy cos anything more - and you will have to pay me

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by shearder

Hmm - not unless I know you're worth the money

Any idea's for a storyline then?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join