It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next Short Story Contest Idea

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I want in!

I have never been interested in writing on the collaborative forums but this sounds kind of a cool idea.

I am a writer but never really done anything online before, so if anybody wants to team up with me i will be very happy.

My main specialization is UFO's/Aliens, spirituality and technology, so if that rings anyones bell give me a u2u and we can plan something.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I've been away for some time, but this contest seems as good an excuse as any to break back into an ancient groove. Just clear away some of the roots and bits of fallen writers that have cluttered the path, and all should be well.

I'll dance with anybody. Just let me know.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I'd love to get in on this if anyone is interested in having me as a partner. I enjoy writing and did quite a bit when I was in my twenties. But single fatherhood, work and volunteering has taken a toll on my writing time. I tried to put together a story for the last contest but a few power outages and some bad timing with employees leaving found me not being able to complete it in time. If any one wants a sample of what I started I can send it to you via u2u so you can judge it for yourself. Or alternately I can post the unfinished piece on the short story forum for all to read it and possibly finish it there.

Anyway, someone looking for a partner feel free to u2u me. September's here and the restaurant business is slow so I have lots of free time in the evenings to collaborate.

[edit on 11-9-2007 by GAOTU789]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Wow... things are starting to come around on this idea

Note: once I receive 5 (confirmed thru U2U's to me) groups of 2 or 3 collaborators, I will award writer status to all those members involved so that they are able to use the Collaborative Fiction forum to work on their stories.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

FAROUT!!! This is going to be very very good, I hope everyone is ready for some real competition this time! Autumn is my favorite time of year and the stories we can tell....

DgTempe, it is most certainly 'my' pleasure to connect with you in this collaborative adventure.

Remember we still have room for one more if you think you resonate with Dg and me... You can only imagine what we have brewing already! WhaHahahaha!

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Room for one more Antar? This should be interesting.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EdenKaia

Now THIS is getting interesting!!!

We still need at least 5 teams, though, since I'd hate to have to keep all those left-over prize points for myself.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Hmmm, it seems some poor soul has decided to risk taking mojo on as a writing buddy for this contest.
I'm just waiting for confirmation that said poor soul doesnt change her mind after checking out some of mojo's other attempts at writing.

Once the poor dear has confirmed that she really does want to put up with me i shall send you a u2u masqua.

mojo

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
edenkaia, I think considering the types of information you crave and enjoy , you will be perfect. Do you connect with DgTempe? Be sure and U2u her to get this solidified. I will U2U you very soon. We have already begun brainstorming...

Mojo, I still love you honey.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Just. Still waiting on a reply though. I'm very excited about this project...and the wickedness that is bound to come out of it.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I’m interested. If anyone wants to work with me please send a U2U.
Open to ideas. Some of mine may be a bit too graphic. I’ve been told
Child torture/murder stories are a strict taboo. So that would leave:

Meeting the Mafia with a Special Agent to make an offer I really hoped they could not refuse.

Taking down the MOVE in Philly and why.

JFK why Lodge sent out the contract.

Failed terrorist acts in the US and France, what are in common.

Contact with an Earthling (we are the aliens).

Mistaken for a sky Marshall by the Director of Communications for Homeland Security and the airline.

Great risks to US security or targets we just hope are missed.

Up against a large gang of Satanic Child Sacrificing Bikers and how only Don “the Dragon” Wilson had the spine to cover my back. Dated yes but a good true tale just the same.

Back from Iraq: the electronic file that saved my butt and made me money.

Or if anyone has an idea I can help with, that would work for me. I would like to get into writing. So I’ll be bummed-out if my U2U is barren.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
YOOHOO!!!......waving arms wildly

Anybody???

...feeling left out now, like the person noboby wanted, after all the good ones were picked...

hangs head now....

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Mojo, I still love you honey.

Thank you antar, its hard for us poor smelly monkeys to make friends.

Now dont expect any mercy.........

But beware, the talented maria_stardust has taken pity on this poor monkey and bought me under her wing. Let the frightening writing begin.

muhahaha

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Well, Team 1 is now antar, dgtempe and Edenkaia. Team 2 has just been formed between mojo4sale and mara_stardust.

Further to that we have NGC2736, shearder, markjaxson, GAOTU789, comforter and TheDuckster lined up looking for partners.

Now, if those good people waiting on the sidelines could somehow get together, we'd have our 5 teams already.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Funny you should say that masqua; I and Duckster have done just that! I'm u2uing the conformation now!

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
As I have already made m4s aware, I am forced to quit the contest due to family illness. It would not be fair to my partner(s) to not be able to give 100%. And mojo will make a fine partner in this venture for anyone lucky enough to snag that talented monkey.

Sadly, when a loved one is in the hospital with something serious, then it's hard to find the time to work at one's best. And it's also hard to concentrate on a task when your mind is elsewhere.

But, there is next time.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by EdenKaia

EdenKaia we are planning a 3 way tonight if you can do it. Look in your U2U for #'s and times... You mentioned "Wicked" in your above post, and I have to tell you, I am really scared from just the initial ground work and research, wicked is putting it mildly...

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
sci-fi or fantasy anyone?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

EdenKaia we are planning a 3 way tonight if you can do it.

roflmao

Sorry its that Bad Monkey in me

I'll go away now.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mojo4sale

Ok...that's enough outta you, young man!!! lololol

I here-by knight Mojo...

Sir Threesomelot

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>