It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Government for the Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Would that be possible?
A one whole government for the entire planet?
Do you think thats going to happen in the future?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
No; at least, perhaps not in the sense you're thinking of it. I think humanity is currently too large and too diverse to fit under one system of government. Prime loyalties--to family, to religion, to communities, to culture, to nationalities--are very strong and opportunistic leaders can manipulate them to maintain divisions.

No, I think that at most, a rather weak world coalition will exist. The real power will probably rest in the hands of some new type of State, perhaps modeled after the European Union; i.e. the Union of South American Nations, the African Union, the Central American Parliament, the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, and the many more regional blocs that are developing economic, social, and political ties. Of course, none of this is set in stone. Nationalist forces (as opposed to internationalist or globalist forces) still command a lot of power and could shatter the creation of a new world order (not in the nefarious sense of the term) based upon continental unions or regional blocs. There exists a fractious group of people, however, whose interests are best served by a stable and growing world economy, and whose relative power may heavily outweigh that of nationalists. That world growth and stability may best be served by a better model of world governance (not necessarily government [en.wikipedia.org...]), governance that is not possible given the current international system of nation-states. That's why I think a weak coalition of continental-states (or something like that) may arise, perhaps in a reinvigorated United Nations, which will coordinate the world against problems out of the hands of an individual state (like transnational crime and the global commons).

I think the dichotomy of nationalist-internationalist power politics will evolve into internationalist-globalist power politics. If the globalists become more coordinated internally and influential externally, I wouldn't entirely discount the idea of an effective world federal government.

[edit on 6-9-2007 by Luap]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
CLARITY by sight PLUS TIME PASSINGS CREATES ADVANCEMENTS (NO CARE)
should be the new 'government' of the world order.. email me if you have questions what exactly that meant.... anyone have an existance database out there?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by vgl_efnet
CLARITY by sight PLUS TIME PASSINGS CREATES ADVANCEMENTS (NO CARE)
should be the new 'government' of the world order.. email me if you have questions what exactly that meant.... anyone have an existance database out there?

How about you just tell us what you meant by that, and what is an existance database?

As for a one world government, its possible only if that government doesnt have to govern, control, and enforce a large population like todays.

Is it likely to happen? Not in my mind.

new topics

top topics

join