It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cosmic confederation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Or galaxy confederation, or whatever you call it.

Some claim it exists, but what would be Earth's relation with that?
I am not too familiar with it, are they helping us?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I would say there is a confederation of worlds and earth is not a full member because its still kind of backward in its consciousness. The main belief-systems about ETs on this planet are "ETs dont exist" and "ETs are evil". Both belief-systems are immature. Give it another 300 years and we will join the party.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Is who helping us? A federation within the Milky Way? Maybe they are helping us make microwaves, they must all the rage in the interstellar black market. The fact that a person can make a television on this earth, and is able to tell you how he was able to do it, suggests that we're not all that idiotic. There are a lot of intelligent people on this planet, just because we have progressed at a rapid rate, we shouldnt jump to conclusions that it must be the "aliens". I believe there are a LOT of races out there (not so much in space), but no I dont believe there is a confederation, or that they are helping us.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I hope Im not still here in 300 years

But if the governments are dealing with the ``bad guys`` now and the confederation is supposed to be good, how can the Earth even be a half member?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

posted by 3_Libras

If there is lots of advanced civilizations out there what would make sense is to them to form a confederation.
well, a one only government for the Earth would make sense too, but we are way too primitive to do that for now, but they arent so... thats what we could guess that would happen.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I speculate that earth is a "quarter member" because some really high class elite aliens helped in creating us a long time ago. Furthermore I dont think it is their job to "help" (weaken) us, we are to help ourselves if we ever want to become members.

On a side-note even though humanity is not a full member I believe individuals can hook up with "them".

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
and concerning your "One goverment" thread, I think we have to be a unity before we can join the confederation of worlds. unity doesnt mean loss of diversity...theres more than enough diversity once we notice all the alien worlds.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soulshock

posted by 3_Libras

If there is lots of advanced civilizations out there what would make sense is to them to form a confederation.
well, a one only government for the Earth would make sense too, but we are way too primitive to do that for now, but they arent so... thats what we could guess that would happen.

Your first mistake is that you assume through the eyes of a human being. There is nothing conventional about space. There is nothing conventional about the supposed races we talk about that inhabit far away space. Secondly, if there is indeed such a thing, Id bet that we'd need to be more global..and less tribal than we are now. Not to mention, I just dont think this world is ready to hear about aliens (should they exist), no matter how unifying it would be

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
yes.

all we can do is to assume.

new topics

top topics

join