It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim, whats your take on 2012?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Howdy Gang,

Here's an ethical question I'd like you folks to mull over:

What if you were in a responsible position, such as being a politician or news reporter, and you came into possession of certain knowledge that a horrific event was about to take place, say a solar flare that would incinerate the Earth or the imminent strike of a huge asteroid that would decimate all life on Earth. Would the ethical thing be to warn the population even though there would be nothing they could do about it and such a warning might trigger panic and chaos or would you keep silent and allow everyone to enjoy the few remaining days they had left?

Hmmmmm? It's a perplexing question? What do you think?

Jim Marrs

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Well Jim did you ever read Dark4kn1ghts thread?

It was a hot topic about a member that was leaving society and heading to the high regions of the himalayas and then deep into cave systems with himself and 3 other married couples all professionals.

This was based on his wife's best friends fathers death bed confession where he claimed to know of an event that would meet the criteria of what you have suggested in your OP.

The problem was that he was shredded by the debunkers and for the most part ignored and discredited by the majority.

I think that hints should be made for those that have the eyes to see and ears to hear. That would be about 10% of the population.

"You can lead a horse to water", as you know and for the most part people like to live in the fantasy world of what they choose to see as reality rather than the truth that is available in abundance in a myriad of ways.

I have considered your question many times and in short have to say that I for one believe that this is already the case and unfortunately the only people I can see surviving will be the same people that have always survived to perpetuate this 0 society and the evil that it wallows in.

Now fess up what do you know and how to survive it!

Peace, and excellent question my friend...

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
OK Jim

Where did you go?

You ask a compelling question like this and then head for your bunker?

Interesting how this corresponds with the new hot thread about TU24!

I suppose that the real answer would be that they keep it quiet long enough to safely shelter all of the important rich people, and then spring it on regular people in the last minutes by way of emergency sirens.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Hello Jim?

Are you still with us?

Just bumping this thread again as there seems to be no other comments or answers to your question a couple of posts up about your "moral decision"

I would love to hear more thoughts on the subject. I have received some U2U's about others thoughts and there seems to be some concern about your question.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Prior to 9/11 there were examples of people who were later said to have given warnings to their friends and family and in one case to a business situated in the WTC that the towers were going to fall, or not to go to work, or to Manhattan that day.

What do you suppose would happen to a guy like Jim Marrs who went to one of the mainstream broadcasters or to the NY Times with a similar warning?

If nothing happened he would be arrested for trying to spread a panic and sued for loss of business if the WTC were evacuated on his word. If something happened, i.e., if 9/11 happened like it did, he would be arrested and interrogated about his involvement and his sources of information. Those sources would then be in danger as well. If the perps are who I think they are, his life might be in danger.

With a natural disaster of that proportion, he would be arrested and be run out of his profession and be sued for loss of income resulting from business disruptions caused by an inconveniently revealed truth.

Nobody likes a prophet.

Look at Jim Berklund the earthquake guy. He correctly predicted the last big earthquake in California, and was then asked by his government department not to make any more predictions, and he's a scientist, not somebody with acute intelligent rheumatism.

Ed Dames is routinely mocked for predicting a solar killshot.

James McCanney, a scientist, is considered a crackpot for his theories and his concerns about "planet x". Don't even think of Nancy Lieder, except to say that her marriage didn't survive her revelations.

Even Cassandra, was ignored and brushed aside when she advised against pulling the Trojan Horse through the gates of Troy.

[edit on 21-1-2008 by ipsedixit]

[edit on 21-1-2008 by ipsedixit]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join