It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

August of 2007 Was Our Top-Month Ever

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Could you explain what "Bounce rate" and "%Exit" means from the detail page you posted. Just trying to understand the numbers.

It is GREAT that ATS is attracting a larger, more diverse audience, and gaining a reputation for quality.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
Could you explain what "Bounce rate" and "%Exit" means

Bounce Rate is the percentage of single-page visits. While our bounce rate might seem high (45% +/-), it's actually very typical (usually much higher) for sites with such a high percentage of visits from search engines (about 60% of our traffic) and high percentage of first-time visitors (over 50%).

Exit percentage is specific to individual pages, and represent the percentage of users for which that particular page was their last page viewed for their session.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
So if I understand this.... If a thread I started had a 51% bounce rate, which means that about half of the viewers "bounced" in from outside, and a 17 % exit rate, which means that for 17% of viewers, it was their last ATS page they visited that session, the rest going on to other ATS pages, then that would be a good thing? Or am I understanding it incorrectly?

Perhaps I am analysing the numbers too much and should just be glad that people are taking a look at ATS.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join