It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NORTHCOM Plans 5 Day Martial Law Exercise

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
What if its not an exercise?

They prepare us, set a date so people are willing to let it run smootly, and there we are - martial law.

Now I have no idea what an exercise like this could look like, but when people are expecting an exercise they dont take their firearms and defend themselves from the catastophe thats coming - they just agree to whats happening since its only an exercise.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I'll be the first one to plead 'guilty' to a certain amount of paranoia. I do think its dangerous for our own military to train in a way that looks suspicous. Having said that, I don't think we're at that point where we need to fear a coupe. Certainly not from this Priesident. His party is out of favor and his grip on power is not as tight as you might think.

My concern, as spelled out in another thread, is that we're seeing the start of a dangerous precendent that could be used on us at a later date. That's why I think we need to be aware of these excersizes each and every time they occurr. Government doesn't move very fast. Bureaucracy creeps foward, but it can always be in forward motion if we're not on our toes.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
I'll be the first one to plead 'guilty' to a certain amount of paranoia.

Frankly, I'm 'fear' fatigued.

I do, however, want to say this...

I think this thread title is complete BS!

Isn't there enough misinformation on the net?

Here is the official release: Exercise Vigilant Shield ’08 slated for October.

It says NOTHING about martial law.

:shk:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Granted that article didn't say martial law. As a matter of fact it didn't say anything. How are these exercises going to be conducted? What exercises are going to be done? It did say multiple scenarios one of which could include martial law. I'm sorry but that brief uninformative article isn't enough to satisfy my concerns over the alarming trend and current world happenings. Wasn't a exercise taking place at the time of 911 that cut our response time considerably? I'm not into fear mongering, but I do have a "healthy paranoia" and interest in what this current administration does.

Deny ignorance, question everything.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
One line from the above listed site:

"VS-08 and National Level Exercise 1-08 will provide local, state, tribal, interagency, Department of Defense, and non-governmental organizations and agencies involved in homeland security and homeland defense the opportunity to participate in a full range of exercise scenarios that will better prepare participants to prevent and respond to national crises. The participating organizations will conduct a multi-layered, civilian-led response to a national crisis."

Civilian led? That sounds like the Sheriff and the other locals setting up roadblocks and harrassing citizens to me. Civilian led? I doubt it. They may be ' led ' but the Feds will be there pushing the buttons I am sure. I do not like it one bit and this is no doubt more acclimation for all of us to get ready for total control. Sickening.

I will be carrying around my pocket sized Bill of Rights and Constitution, when I go to a road block and they ask for ID I will hand them the Bill of Rights and then leave without saying a word.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Were they not doing excersises like this on 9/11 is our next attack scheduled for October?

Are these exercises normal?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I think it's important that everyone takes a look at the first post on this page:

My post about fearmongering

With that being said, I'd like to strike out the improbable two-words "Martial Law" scenario and replace them with a more eventual and probable two-words scenario: Civil War.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
they manage to scare us, then scare us some more, then scare us some more, by whichever means seems the favorite of the day- They've beat the hell out of us into submission so that we EXPECT something-
Now this.
Yes, they want us to be sick and tired and fatigued of all this, that way they can do whatever they want and we will obey, after all, people can only take just so much of all this before they throw their arms up in the air and say "I give up" which is precisely what they want.

Even if the exercise doesnt happen, the mere mention of it is enough to beat us more into submission.

I resist it, but i know i'm just human and the reason i'm angry is BECAUSE THEY HAVE MANAGED TO GET TO ME TOO.

I sure hope something happens and that evil in Washington gets the hell out of Dodge-
And if the evil doesnt stop, maybe its time to go to some third world country and live in a grass hut and fish for food. That's beginning to sound better and better.

I love getting myself all rilled up before i go to work.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Norad exercise on 9/11 2001 called Vigilant Warrior??? Just checking because that sounds too familiar.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyborgPirateNinjaJesus
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Norad exercise on 9/11 2001 called Vigilant Warrior??? Just checking because that sounds too familiar.

(6:30 a.m.) September 11, 2001: NORAD on Alert for Emergency Exercises

NORAD’s war room in Cheyenne Mountain, Colorado [Source: Val Gempis]Lieutenant Colonel Dawne Deskins and other day shift employees at NORAD’s Northeast Air Defense Sector (NEADS) in Rome, NY, start their workday. NORAD is conducting a week-long, large-scale exercise called Vigilant Guardian.

www.cooperativeresearch.org.../11=militaryExercises

Vigilant Warrior is similar to Vigilant Guardian but that might not mean anything.

[edit on 7-9-2007 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
With that being said, I'd like to strike out the improbable two-words "Martial Law" scenario and replace them with a more eventual and probable two-words scenario: Civil War.

That may all sound real good, and it may get heartbeats elevated, but do you really believe that a Civil war is possible? The US military is not going to sit back and watch this occur and the typical citizen although he may own a few guns is not adequately prepared for them to intervene. There have been training scenarios in the military for at least two decades in my experience, to address such things. I would imagine that these excercises went on for years prior to my arrival.

If a Civil War breaks out, I would suggest you immediately seek shelter and clear your mask. Do not expose yourself and participate in the initial event.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by spyder207The US military is not going to sit back and watch this occur and the typical citizen although he may own a few guns is not adequately prepared for them to intervene.

This was said of the Iraqi's too. Our military historically outlasts it's opponents, nothing more. When faced with an opponent that won't quit fighting, the Military's effectiveness declines sharply (as evidenced in Iraq). We bomb our enemies into submission. When they don't submit, we scratch our heads.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It COULD just be training because they failed to deal with Katrina very well and don't want to have a similar thing happen again.
.. but then they stuffed up dealing with Katrina so badly it was almost deliberate. Which is a good excuse for more "training".
I don't like it at all...

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Send in help and people would considered it a martial law...don't send in help and people will just conclude the govt. just don't give a dam.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Remember during the first few days of Katrina when the media reported Martial Law was declared in New Orleans then the next day the reports changed to NO martial law declared. As I heard about people being arrested for being near looters and put into temporary (grey hound bus station)jails and watched cops point guns at people to confinscate guns I gotta say; that was martial law. Thing about martial law is that once declared you can tell the media whatever you want because you under martial law.

I don't think this is a power grab by the current administration. US politics doesn't work in that fassion, we are a rotateing dictatership. However, I wouldn't be suprised if it is a false flag and REAL dirty bombs go off for the Iran war support...Thier is also the possiblity of instigateing Real problems for the exersize to test local law enforcments willingness to put down inserection.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

North American Aerospace Defense Command and U.S. Northern Command along with U.S. Pacific Command, the Department of Homeland Security as well as local, state and other federal responders will exercise their response abilities against a variety of potential threats during Exercise Vigilant Shield ‘08, a Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff-designated, North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) and U.S. Northern Command (USNORTHCOM)-sponsored, and U.S. Joint Forces Command-supported Department of Defense exercise for homeland defense and defense support of civil authorities missions.

VS-08 will be conducted concurrent with Top Officials 4 (TOPOFF 4), the nation’s premier exercise of terrorism preparedness sponsored by the Department of Homeland Security, and several other linked exercises as part of the National Level Exercise 1-08. These linked exercises will take place October 15-20 and are being conducted throughout the United States and in conjunction with several partner nations including Australia, Canada, and the United Kingdom, as well as the Territory of Guam.

VS-08 and National Level Exercise 1-08 will provide local, state, tribal, interagency, Department of Defense, and non-governmental organizations and agencies involved in homeland security and homeland defense the opportunity to participate in a full range of exercise scenarios that will better prepare participants to prevent and respond to national crises. The participating organizations will conduct a multi-layered, civilian-led response to a national crisis.

USNORTHCOM’s primary exercise venues for VS-08 include locations in Oregon, Arizona and a cooperative venue with USPACOM in the Territory of Guam. NORAD’s aerospace detection and defense events will take place across all the exercise venues, to exercise the ability to mobilize resources for aerospace defense, aerospace control, maritime warning, and coordination of air operations in a disaster area.

There is absolutely nothing in this about martial law. The poster from the OP's link, "drquick" is putting forth information that is not at all supported by the only source he provides. It seems to me that some people are just actively looking for something to be concerned and frightened about. The government simply can't win no matter what it does. When it isn't prepared for a disaster, people yell incompetence or even complicity. When it tries to prepare for a disaster, people start worrying about martial law and totalitarianism. Wtf do you want our national security system to do?

[edit on 7-9-2007 by Luap]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
Remember during the first few days of Katrina when the media reported Martial Law was declared in New Orleans then the next day the reports changed to NO martial law declared. As I heard about people being arrested for being near looters and put into temporary (grey hound bus station)jails and watched cops point guns at people to confinscate guns I gotta say; that was martial law. Thing about martial law is that once declared you can tell the media whatever you want because you under martial law.

Not to mention some cops participating along with the looters. Not exactly what I expect from the supposed martial law.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Does anyone think that Bush's administration might be trying to set up for a take over of the government?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Here is what I was thinking about the night before you posted this.

1995 Bush sr. = Vigilant Sentinel ( Support the Afghan Gov.)

9-11-01 Bush jr. = Vigilant Warrior ( Test air capability)

10-15-20-07 Bush jr.= Vigilant Shield ( Test Maritime capability)

Many others also happened during times that were coincidentally coinciding with events both here and abroad.

I do have concerns for these days and during these practices, but no more than any other day...

Here is the site I checked on first to validate my findings.

www.northcom.mil...

[edit on 7-9-2007 by antar]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Here is what I was thinking about the night before you posted this.

1995 Bush sr. = Vigilant Sentinel ( Support the Afghan Gov.)

9-11-01 Bush jr. = Vigilant Warrior ( Test air capability)

10-15-20-07 Bush jr.= Vigilant Shield ( Test Maritime capability)

Whats this about supporting Afghan govt. in 95? Theres an Afghan civil war and the govt. collapsed since the early 90s.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join