It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Claims Of Civilizations on Most Planets

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Based on what I've read in this six page thread (now seven), it appears to me that most ATS users have far exceeded the technical, analytical and overall expertise of a certified astronomer. amirite?

[edit on 14-9-2007 by Observer_PR]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Originally posted by jra

Or you just didn't see them. I see two of them in this photo and in many others. www.nasa.gov... [Large image warning]

There's one at the bottom of the image, docked to the Zvezda modual and another docked on the other side of the Zarya modual. You can see its solar pannels sticking out roughly at a 45 degree angle.

WOW. I just didn't see them. Thanks JRA!

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Originally posted by Observer_PR

Based on what I've read in this six page thread (now seven), it appears to me that most ATS users have far exceeded the technical, analytical and overall expertise of a certified astronomer. amirite?

I am sure we can use some help Observer_PR. How can you best help us? And thanks for your post.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Hey John I have a couple of questions:

1) You have referred to Aristarchus several times in the past as a fission reactor, yet now you and zorgon refer to it as a fusion reactor. You stated that you thought Aristarchus was a fission reactor because of its blue color. What changed your mind?

2) If you look at that huge moon picture zorgon linked to, which he thinks is "our best image of Aristarchus," the supposed "arches" of the "reactor" clearly go against the curve of the moon in a way that does not geometrically make sense. How do you explain this?

Here is the relevant portion of that image:

Thanks

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Originally posted by Postal76

1) You have referred to Aristarchus several times in the past as a fission reactor, yet now you and zorgon refer to it as a fusion reactor. You stated that you thought Aristarchus was a fission reactor because of its blue color. What changed your mind?

I used fission by mistake. A fusion reactor is much more efficient. Its probably a fusion reactor. The blue color is the is the result of the Cherenkov effect where when radiation reacts with molecules of air it turns blue.

2) If you look at that huge moon picture zorgon linked to, which he thinks is "our best image of Aristarchus," the supposed "arches" of the "reactor" clearly go against the curve of the moon in a way that does not geometrically make sense. How do you explain this?

Its difficult for your mind to resolve a hexagonal dome, the most prominent archway of which is not facing towards you. Take it into photo shop and turn it like this:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Look I understand why John and Zorgon might be annoyed at those who take a an aggressive debunk view.

I generally enjoy Zorgons posts but observe through a scan read that he is being untypically overly defensive yet the original question I believe has merit.

I have open mind, please try to explain.

1. Astronomers professional and amateur have methods of determining likely surface temparatures and atmospheric compositon of planets. Presumably in your extensive research you understand these methods Please could you explain why they are incorrect or how any human could survive on the extreme tempuratures inparticular the much hotter environments

Last time I asked I got "Sleeper told me" as a reply.... surely there is some better scientific basis for the claims?

2. If all this is happening and humans possess extremely advanced technology ( which I accept is possible) why not get on with whatever the purpose is .... ie apparently this has been happening for decades ..... whats the wait surely if they are that powerful they could deal with any human backlash consequences of complete disclosure?

Respectfully

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Its difficult for your mind to resolve a hexagonal dome, the most prominent archway of which is not facing towards you. Take it into photo shop and turn it like this:

Ah, so it's just an optical illusion. Cool.

I was going to say Aristarchus doesn't look like a "hexagonal dome" in this photo either but I see you figured it out on your own...

[no need to panic, NASA didn’t take this photo, an amateur astronomer did with a 10” Meade from his backyard in Austin, Texas]

Source:

Astronomy Picture of the Day: 2002 September 13
antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Access Denied

The activity at Aristarchus Crater is generally classed as a TLP this stands for Transient Lunar Phenomena.

So basically they don't always leave the lights on, and photographs have to be taken at the right time.

Here is a link to view a NASA technical report on Lunar events, records goes back hundreds of years and you will find Aristarchus heavily featured.

www.mufor.org...

And the report is also listed here:

ntrs.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

Wikipedia explanation of TLP:
transient lunar phenomenon (TLP) refers to short-lived lights, colors, or changes in appearance of the lunar surface. Claims of short-lived phenomena go back at least 1000 years, with some having been observed independently by multiple witnesses or reputable scientists. Nevertheless, the majority of transient lunar phenomena reports are irreproducible and do not possess adequate control experiments that could be used to distinguish among alternative hypotheses. Few reports concerning these phenomena are ever published in peer reviewed scientific journals, and rightfully or wrongfully, the lunar scientific community rarely discusses these observations. Most lunar scientists will acknowledge that transient events such as outgassing and impact cratering do occur over geologic time: the controversy lies in the frequency of such events.

See the bit where is says 'short lived'?

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Chorlton

Strangely enough I did and that was my point.

So what are you trying to indicate ?

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Whatever’s “going on” it’s a natural phenomena. Who cares?

(besides planetary scientists and amateur astronomers)

There is no “Secret Space Agency” or Aliens living on Earth or Humans on the Moon or another planets…

AD

admin edit: removed childish name calling and applied a 3 day post ban to the previously banned member who just doesn't seem to get it that ATS is a place of TOPICAL FOCUS not personality focus...

[edit on 9-16-2007 by Springer]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
That 'they' (whoever they may be) didnt leave any 'lights' on.
The crater, because of its position on the moon with respect to the suns traverse, gets lit by the sun from time to time.

There is nothing there other than an empty crater.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Chorlton

Clearly my lighthearted comment missed the mark.

Your answer is noted and I have no further questions.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Mr. Lear, I do have a question.
Have you written any books or are in the process of writing a book(s)?

Just curious and I do appreciate your response.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

In a recent thread John Lear claimed, as a matter of fact, that most of the planets in our solar system were not only habitable, but are in fact inhabited by advanced civilizations. He states this in a way as to dismiss anyone who thinks other wise.

Well lets take a planet as example:
MERCURY
Mercury is similar in appearance to the Moon as it is heavily cratered. It has no natural satellites and no substantial atmosphere. The planet has a large iron core which generates a magnetic field about 0.1% as strong as that of the Earth.[4] Surface temperatures on Mercury range from about 90 to 700 K (−180 to 430 °C) also equals -356 degrees F - 806 degrees F.

OK so if a civilization evolved on this planet, it would have to contend with the following:
Little protection from cosmic rays.
Massive meteor bombardment.
Almost no atmosphere.
Massive surface temperature fluctuations.

Although we find live on earth in very extreme conditions, none of it has been advanced in any way, especially along the lines of a civilization.

Now if John is going to make fantastic claims and dispense them as fact, he should be able to prove them as fact. Of course we all know he can't and that is why we're talking about this now.

jfj123, There are absolutely positively magnificent structures and and statues on Mercury because I have the photos and have also painted on canvas what I have seen. Not speculation just fact I am not ready to release the photos yet but will share where to find them in the future. We humans on Earth have been hoodwinked in believing we are the only intelligent lifeforms in our Solar System. Rik Riley

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley
Not speculation just fact I am not ready to release the photos yet but will share where to find them in the future.

May I ask why you aren't ready to release the photos? I'm sure many people on ATS would be interested in seeing them.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Access Denied

A very spot on post there

I couldnt have said it better myself, as to Zorgon yes you can see that he uses every opportunity to push his website to make a quick buck.

To even claim to be able to see something on all those pictures just says it all really, hell i bet that i could see the Virgin Mary on one of those photos if i looked at it long enough

(But lets not forget that at the end of the day those evil holographic projecters are behind it all
)

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   

jfj123, There are absolutely positively magnificent structures and and statues on Mercury because I have the photos and have also painted on canvas what I have seen. Not speculation just fact I am not ready to release the photos yet but will share where to find them in the future. We humans on Earth have been hoodwinked in believing we are the only intelligent lifeforms in our Solar System. Rik Riley

Ok I have to say it
NO YOU DON'T.

You can only call it a fact once it's PROVEN. SO PROVE AWAY !!!!

But of course there will be some reason why you can't right now but if we just trust you and wait patiently.... blah ... blah... blah

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rikriley

Ok, so if you're not ready to show us the pictures, perhaps you can show us WHY you're not ready.

What exactly would you be waiting for?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This negative attitude is wrong.

All you people need to do is go outside in a dark area, look to the North East, in the milky way. You will be able to see transport ships comming and going.

They are always in the same area. I watch at night. They are bright white when they streak in, and a pale red streaks when leaving on the same path about 20 minutes later. The streak lasts about a second, so you need to be dilligent.

Most of you are too lazy to get out and search, you just stick your tongues out with your thumbs in your ears, while waving your fingers. You want people to bring evidence, but you will never believe it. What is the point of that exercise.

It is sad, because so many people are so ignorant of reality. Like in the Bible, most of the people will be sleeping when our salvation is at hand.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join