It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear's Claims Of Civilizations on Most Planets

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
People like me "disappear" after "failing to debunk" because with you people nothing can be "debunked" You believe in what you want more fiercely than a religious nut, facts and common sense be damned.

But I'll go check out the thread, I could use a good laugh.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Can I ask, have you ever been to Mercury? How do you know all this information?

Because, If it was spoon fed to you like I am certain it was, do you have 100% proof this information is accurate??

Are you kidding me??? This info has been obtained by astronomers all over the world. Sorry but they're not all part of some big conspiracy. That would mean millions of individuals staying silent for decades.

"If it was spoon fed to you..."
This is one of my favorite statements so far

How did you learn to read and write???? you were spoon fed information. Is that wrong too??? How did you learn to dress yourself?? Tie your shoes??? Eat with a knife and fork??? and on and on and on.....

Since you are claiming my information is inaccurate, prove it's inaccurate. Teach me something and prove that what I posted about Mercury is completely wrong and there are beings living there.

I'll throw your question right back at you...
do you have 100% proof this information isn't accurate??

I used accurate figures from a respected source. Please do the same.

Actually you have to PROVE "there is no hint". I could sit here and spoon feed you all the information in the world

OK, I'll prove theres no hint if you can prove either there is a god or isn't a god. Is that fair??? I am using my question just as an example of how ridiculous your question is, I am not trying to start another thread. I want to make that perfectly clear.
No, you can't spoon feed me the information you claim because you cannot prove it as fact. If you can't prove it as fact, it's idle speculation which although may be fun, is totally meaningless.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
Are you kidding me??? This info has been obtained by astronomers all over the world. Sorry but they're not all part of some big conspiracy. That would mean millions of individuals staying silent for decades.

No I am not kidding. "Obtained by astronomers" huh? Well, tell me, how did they obtain this information? Can you prove their method to obtain is accurate?

I'll throw your question right back at you...
do you have 100% proof this information isn't accurate??

Yes, I can actually. I can prove a small part of what you said is a wild guess that is taught to people as truth. Which makes the rest of your information questionable. Ready? Here you go:

The planet has a large iron core which generates a magnetic field about 0.1% as strong as that of the Earth.

So, you claim the planet has a large iron core. Well, as far as I know, not a single device in the history of known science and space exploration has EVER reached the center of that planet to prove there is an iron core.

Heck, you are even taught the "different layers of Earth" when in fact no device or person as EVER reached the center of Earth to prove this.

Heck, you are even taught the "different layers of the Sun" when in fact no device or person as EVER reached the center of the Sun to PROVE what is taught in schools. Nor do I think any device is capable of surviving even a few hundred miles altitude above the Sun.

This is proof that you are all being taught theories, and for some odd reason you believe with your life that they are correct. You must first question the way at which information is obtained before you put your entire faith into the validness of the information.

[edit on 10-9-2007 by 11 11]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Lets keep in mind that Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune are Gas Giants and they share the same qualities of the lack of the solid surface.

You have no evidence of the statement except for what NASA spoon feeds you.

In fact, the only gas giant in our solar system is NASA itself.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
How doy you "know" these things though?

Originally posted by johnlear

Lets keep in mind that Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune are Gas Giants and they share the same qualities of the lack of the solid surface.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by coryblood

He know's as much as we know if he knew anything else he would spit it out.

Why there is even any debate here is beyond me there has been no evidence shown by Mr Lear.

So until then just go by "WHAT N.A.S.A SPOON FEED'S YOU" we are all below it so your shureley not going to get a taste of anything else.

THE END

Regard's
Lee

[edit on 10-9-2007 by h3akalee]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

This is total nonsense! That Jupiter is a gas giant was known to astronomers all around the world long before NASA even existed!

But your statement was typical for you! Simply denying anything the other poster says with a plain "No, it isn't!" without even trying to argue your point. And yet it sometimes looks as if half the ATS users fall over themselves to say how well-respected and what a great source of information you are! You alone make ATS' "Deny Ignorance" motto look like a sad joke
!

yf

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Originally posted by yfxxx

This is total nonsense! That Jupiter is a gas giant was known to astronomers all around the world long before NASA even existed!

You're kidding!! They went there? When? How? Or...wait. Maybe you mean they determined it SCIENTIFICALLY!!!

Would that be the same way that they determined there is no atmosphere on the moon?

Thanks yfxxx. Nice to hear from you.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

You're kidding!! They went there? When? How? Or...wait. Maybe you mean they determined it SCIENTIFICALLY!!!

Indeed. There are people who actually understand what science is. You don't.

And neither do you know how to discuss - instead of arguments, all you say are snide remarks which try to cover up, unsucessfully, the fact that your ever more absurd claims are completely devoid of any basis in reality. And it gets worse every month - I was off this forum for ~8 weeks, and the decline in your "discussion" standards, low as they were before, is clearly noticable.

Regards
yf

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I was off this forum for ~8 weeks, and the decline in your "discussion" standards, low as they were before, is clearly noticable.

Ach! How you people love to summer kamp. 8 weeks? How splendid.
Well its nice to have you back to bring a little order into our discussions.

Welcome back!

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Indeed. There are people who actually understand what science is. You don't.

Yeah we do actually understand that science is a compilation of theories based on mostly experiments. Except for a few theories. Like the theory that Jupiter is a gas planet.

Do you know how they determined what Jupiter is made of? I do, and it is far from proof.

[edit on 10-9-2007 by 11 11]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Science is more accurate than John Lear. Plus, for science to be noting but a cover up by some secret "cabal" or whatever you woos claim then there would have to a LOT of people in on it, lol.

Now, wheres that scientific, verifiable evidence that the moon does indeed have a rich atmosphere?!? Please, do tell. Thousands of astronomers are on the edge of their seat to find out how you figured out their little scheme, lol.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Haha. This thread shows exactly why UFOlogy is not taken seriously in the science community. I'm all for disclosure and the secrets of the universe, but if all you have to offer is some self-fulfilling photographs and "remote viewing" testimonies, then no one in their right mind is going to believe you.

11 11 - Entertain me please. Link me to where I can see absolute, confirmed PROOF that the Egyptians were space travelers or whatever you want me to believe. Convince me that it's not just fancy interpretation of something that may look like a spacecraft. Also...I'm guessing the electromagnetic force is what you mean when you say magnetic. Does that also mean the weak nuclear force is the fundamental theory of everything? Although it's reasonable to assume that the strong nuclear force and gravity are just other facets of the same force, where do they fit in with your ideas?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by evanmontegarde

Why the hell do people get on a subject like this that they full well know that CAN'T be proven in either side, like religion, and then keep demanding proof? If all of your beliefs are based soley off of proof, you're missing out on a lot of sensible information that can answer many, many questions. You HAVE to look at theories too, just like you HAVE to assume some certain things in your personal life, and assumption comes from personal theories.

This is just a matter of choosing who (along with several other skeptics) you want to believe. It's nothing more than a matter of picking and choosing. You can't, without being a hypocrite, believe one person without proof, and then discredit another.

By the way evanmontegarde, this post was not directed soley at you.

[edit on 10-9-2007 by bigbert81]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I do look at theories, I think some of them are quite valid. But I take a theory by the scientific definition. That means there's evidence to back it up.

When I say "absolute proof" I mean something that would convince me beyond doubt that it's true. Quantum physics is based on THEORIES - theories with mountains of observational evidence to back it up.

I have a theory that there's a giant golden toaster, light-years in length and width, floating in the center of the crab nebula. Every 100 years it makes cosmic toast that feeds the hungry people of planet Crabulon 7. Now, I can't give you any evidence for this - All the scientists observing the Crab Nebula are covered by NASA not to reveal the truth of it. My good friend, we'll call him "Joe", told me he had an OBE to the crab nebula and that's how I know this.

As far as I'm concerned, Mr. Lear has about as much evidence for his claims as I do.

Also, if anyone wants to come in and claim I'm wrong about Crabulon 7, please do. Obviously their mind is just not open enough.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by evanmontegarde

Lol, fair enough. Good analogy too. However, John actually does have more evidence than you do just saying something. If you sift through some of his threads, or listen to some of his interviews, he will go over some of it.

Let me also clear one thing up. I am not saying that John Lear is right or wrong. I was going to be an astronomy major in college, so all of his ideas are pretty far out there to me as well, but I do admit, some of the things he says do make sense.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Threads about you crack me up John.

Someone asks you a question, most preferably for proof. You only reply about your piano? I think that says enough about your credibility (or lack of) .. and then you resort to .. "answers" like this? A 10 year old could come up with a better response then that, John.

Whats so hard with showing people "evidence" .. unless... oh thats right... you have none.
At least NASA can show a scientific explanation, you just have your opinion, and Mr. Lear, I hate to break it to you buddy, but your opinion is not fact.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
When you realise they've lied to us about one thing its not far fetched to think they've lied to us about other things.

Ignorethefacts why did nasa air brush images of the moon and of mars? Why does nasa make the martian sky red? Why cant you see stars in images taken on the moon?

Science said we wouldnt go past the speed of sound, science said that bugs causing sickness just appeared. Then came the microscope and the discovery that microorganism's existed on a microscopic scale and caused sickness, science said the world was flat etc.................

I dont agree with everything John Lear says but that doesn't mean he is wrong nothing is impossible and most importantly science is often wrong.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
People like me "disappear" after "failing to debunk" because with you people nothing can be "debunked" You believe in what you want more fiercely than a religious nut, facts and common sense be damned.

But I'll go check out the thread, I could use a good laugh.

Despite me not believing in religion i don't go onto religious forums demanding the proof i require to believe in their faith even though i know they we wont be able to provide me with the proof i need. Then when they point me in the direction of what they feel is adequate proof to back up their beliefs i don't say "ille go check it out because i can use a good laugh."

People like you don't disappear from forums like this because your a skeptic people like you disappear from forums like this because your disrespectful.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
11 11 wrote,

So, you claim the planet has a large iron core. Well, as far as I know, not a single device in the history of known science and space exploration has EVER reached the center of that planet to prove there is an iron core.

So you are saying the only evidence that is reliable is direct evidence. Seeing is believing. Fair enough.
I doubt you have ever seen an atom however you speak as if they are real. I know for a fact you haven't seen an atom in deep space. Well based on your logic, since you can't directly see an atom, they don't exist.

Also, your own argument means you don't believe mr. lear as he has not been to any of these planets to look at these aliens directly. So you're saying I am wrong and mr. lear is wrong. INTERESTING.....

jfj123-Lets keep in mind that Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune are Gas Giants and they share the same qualities of the lack of the solid surface.

Lear- You have no evidence of the statement except for what NASA spoon feeds you. In fact, the only gas giant in our solar system is NASA itself.

OK well if that is a fair statement to make, so is this:
Your supporters have no evidence that you are right except what you spoon feed them. You have no evidence that NASA is wrong. If you do, provide it. For example, prove the above gas giants are not gas giants.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join