It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Counterterrorism Officials Analyzing Islamic Web Post Warning of 'Special Gift'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Counterterrorism Officials Analyzing Islamic Web Post Warning of 'Special Gift'

www.foxnews.com

DEVELOPING STORY: Federal counterterrorism officials are analyzing a posting on an Islamic forum Web site that warns of "a special gift" to be given on the sixth anniversary of Sept. 11, FOX News has learned.

The warning was posted Sept. 2 on a site frequented by radical groups and said in part that "there will be a special gift coming on the day of the blessed invasion of Manhattan."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Not sure if this was posted yet.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Not sure what happened to my headline there. Im new here.

[edit on 6-9-2007 by superheterodyne]

[edit on 6-9-2007 by superheterodyne]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
this thread

and

this thread

come to mind.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Geez, let me guess...the special surprise will be linked to Iran. Cause for war in the making?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3_Libras
Geez, let me guess...the special surprise will be linked to Iran. Cause for war in the making?

Guess Iran needs to do better using proxy forces, otherwise it just comes back to bite them in the arse if caught.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Guess Iran needs to do better using proxy forces, otherwise it just comes back to bite them in the arse if caught.

Actually I meant the US will find a way to link it to Iran. We all know the propaganda machine is looking for something good to use on Iran, its gonna take some pretty fireworks to convince a crowd thats not happy

[edit on 6-9-2007 by 3_Libras]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Actually I meant the US will find a way to link it to Iran. We all know the propaganda machine is looking for something good to use on Iran, its gonna take some pretty fireworks to convince a crowd thats not happy

Iran's past record of using proxy forces against U.S. interests won't help make them look innocent, more of a suspect. Creepy isn't it?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Oh I see what you're saying. Yeah I agree, but somethings tells me that this impending war will be welcomed by all...as strange as that sounds. Either way, I think Iran realise that the US govt will push for this conflict to go ahead, so they would have to welcome it one way or another.

[edit: quote to "reply to"]

[edit on 7-9-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I guess what makes this different than all of the rest of th threats is the language used. "Gift."

I guess right before 9-11-01 the chatter used celebratory language, like "wedding". " Is the wedding tomorrow?"

I had no idea about this chatter. Does any one have any more info?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

Right now the only media outlet reporting this seems to be Fox News. That makes me a bit suspicious. I'm sure there will be information forthcoming in the next few hours...if there is any substance to this at all.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
No matter what or who is actually behind it, IF either a radiological device or a 'terrorist nuke' goes off in any U.S. city on the anniversary of 9/11 be assured that Iran will pay the ULTIMATE price for it.

For the sake of many millions of souls, we should hope and perhaps even pray that this is just another empty radical Islamist threat.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by UM_Gazz

But wouldn't the US need cold, hard evidence to prove that iran was the culprit before shooting off at them? If a 'terrorist nuke' is detonated on US soil, of course it seems obvious to point fingers at iran as they are the ones who are accelerating towards building nuclear devices, but its also easy enough to sell those nuclear devices to other countries that dislike America.

i hope you understand what im trying to say.

[edit on 6-9-2007 by dan118]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dan118

I dunno, did we have cold, hard evidence that there were WMD's or terrorists in Iraq??

If the PTB want a war, they'll find a way to have one.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dan118

Im speechless. I cant believe someones actually said that. Cant storm into a country with no proof......the world would go mad....man, where have you been since time began? Did we not just go through Iraq? Has history already been forgotten?

Mod Edit: Converted large quote to reply to link only.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Do we get to request what kind of gift we want? I could really use a new car.

link   

Someone called saddam hussein comes to mind. They had a reason to storm into iraq. They have sh*t on iran at the present time.

link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
No matter what or who is actually behind it, IF either a radiological device or a 'terrorist nuke' goes off in any U.S. city on the anniversary of 9/11 be assured that Iran will pay the ULTIMATE price for it.

For this exact reason I believe that the possibility is high that this may not be another false alarm, lots of chatter on the news about this story.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 3_Libras

If you mean what I said, you may want to read it again... for a very long time now this administration has consistently pointed fingers at Iran, blaming them for supporting terrorism in Iraq and other parts of the middle east. I was simply stating the obvious here, if we are attacked Iran is already in the cross-hairs, why would this administration go after anyone else?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dan118
Someone called saddam hussein comes to mind. They had a reason to storm into iraq. They have sh*t on iran at the present time.

Bahahahaha. Oh come on, wake up to yourself. Saddam a reason to storm Iraq? man its not surprising they consistently fool the greater populace with people like you leading the way. if you knew anything, you would know what saddam was... a threat to the US? Give me a damn break. Weapons of mass destruction? Oh hand on, the UN said there were none on inspection..so umm. What else is there? harboring terrorists...you're damn right they're harboring terrorist..and you know when they started harboring them? Right after Bush landed in town. There was NO "cause for war" regarding Iraq. Unless we are referring to the spiel that was played out to convince you that there was.

Mod Edit: Trimmed super large quote only.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Yes Libra, the world has gone mad. So it is written so it shall be. The suicide boats will be ready for launching if this madness comes to fruition.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join