It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My mum's paranormal experiences where she used to work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Hello,

I just wanted to share with you something that my mum told me a few years ago.

My Mum used to be a Sister in a Hospice caring for people who were admitted with terminal diseases such as Cancer, they were brought there basically so they could live what time they had left comfortably as much as they could and to minimise the physical and mental pain these diseases cause.

My mum worked there for a number of years doing a variety of shifts, it was a fairly small center and newly built when she started but towards the end of her time working there she had experienced a couple of things that were very strange which she told me about.

Just to let you know that she is not one for flights of fancy or tale telling, her profession was demanding in a lot of respects so a level head was adopted at all times.

On one shift my mum and a couple of other staff carers were caring for someone who was close to passing away when the person peered into the corner of the room and asked what a man and a dog were doing there, of course nobody could actually see a man and dog but the patient certainly could as they were pointing to the area and repeating what they were seeing. The patient wasn't scared apparently, just curious as to why they were there in the first place.

There could be a number of reasons why this person saw what they did, sometimes drugs are administered in the final hours to help with the pain and discomfort so seeing things that were not there could certainly be contributed to that.

The strange part is that over the years my mum worked there at least half a dozen patients close to passing away saw exactly the same man and dog in the room, some of the patients could easily describe what the man and dog looked like and some of the care workers saw a matching trend in the description across the different patients. As stated earlier there didn't seem to be anything malevolent about what they saw just a slightly confused expression.

My question is what was the man and dog doing there? were they waiting to guide them away after they were gone? it's too much of a coincidence to have so many see the same thing, don't you think?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
maybe he's one of many guides that hang out in places like that to help people cross over? seems logical if you believe in that stuff. interesting story

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Maybe a guide or could have been somebody who worked there that is still helping out.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Indeed an interesting story
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's possible that the medication coupled with the trauma of cancer is responsible for these visions.
Having said that it's unlikley that all other patients who claim to have witnessed these 'uninvited guests' would have experienced identical visions of the man and his dog.
If you subscribe to the theory that these 'entities' are guardians in some way to usher terminal patients into the afterlife [presuming you believe that there is an afterlife] then you have the answer.
Some may say they are trapped in limbo and unable to make the transition to the 'other side'.
Hospice records may be a valuable source in identifying the man and his dog if he was admitted and died one of the wards.
Another theory worthy of thought is they are omens appearing only when a patient is in the final hours of their life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Very interesting story October, seems like it would have been a stressful job to deal with sometimes.

Were there any other sightings or strange things occurring besides when someone was close to passing? as said it could be a guide to help you cross over to the other side or it could be a trapped spirit that has not made it home himself yet.

[edit on 6/9/2007 by sammyboy]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Thanks for your posts folks, my thoughts are that it was as you have said some sort of guide wating for them to pass, i just found it fascinating that they all saw the same thing.

The only other occurence she relayed to me was after they had died it was known to open a window to let the soul out and this one particular time she looked at a lady's face, went away to open the window on the other side of the room and when she came back she saw that her face was completely changed, she looked twenty years younger with a look of absolute peace on her face, my mum said she was almost smiling.

I had never heard of the opening of the window thing but where I live in Scotland it's almost a custom to do this, when my ex girlfriends Gran died at her home the first thing the family did was open the window.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I doubt it's drugs/painkillers because the consistency of the testimonies. It's key to have consistency as in many cases things like dreams, hallucinations or imaginings don't match up and the details tend to be fuzzy. Angel? Maybe. Demon? Doubt it. Something in between? Dunno.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Kind of reminds me of the twilight zone episode of a kindly young man playing death as opposed to skeletor with a sickle. I worked in dialysis for 20 yrs. I will never forget a spanish descent man on treatment who was in the last throes of multi system failure, badly jaundiced. I was speaking with him and his eyes rolled back and he 'checked out' for about 15 seconds. He took a gasp and came back and just started laughing hysterically. He made it thru rest of tx but died the next day. I've always wondered what he saw on the other side.

[edit on 7-9-2007 by jpm1602]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by October

An interesting experience.........'he' does sound like a shepherd. Perhaps he is there to guide......

My Mom lived about 6 years at a nursing home, and during those years when I visited her, I became fairly well acquainted with some of the other residents there.....

One lady had always been quite lucid, always carried on a normal conversation, she was not in pain or on any powerful medications......but one day she was oddly insistent about a little girl being lost, asking if anyone had found her.....and repeatedly telling me the little girl was crying......but I did not hear or see any children in the building that day. About 2 days later, I found out that she had died in the night...

There are of course other possibilities......a sudden stroke, or onset of infection......she might have been given the wrong medication.

My Mom had been rendered almost incapable of speech after the stroke that put her in the nursing home, but about a week before her death she looked past me, and plainly said, "Momma!" to the empty wall......

My Grandmother would 'sit' with people while they were dying, back 'in the day', before there were nursing homes and hospices......she had several stories of the dying who spoke of things they saw or heard moments before they passed.

I certainly feel there must be something there, as so many people relate these types of occurrences.....

top topics

join