It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World economy 'facing slowdown'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   

World economy 'facing slowdown'

news.bbc.co.uk

Global economic growth is likely to be dampened by the turbulence which has swept world markets, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) has said.

The IMF said it would be revising down its growth projections - with this year being more affected than 2008.

The US would see the largest impact, with some parts of Europe also set to endure lower growth, it added.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
More worrying news for the global economy.

It was expected to happened. The US is predicted to see a slow down or a recession, but the problems in the markets are spreading.

Might be a tough 2008.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I think it's certainly possible.

But then again the old saying is that economists have predicted 16 of the last 8 recessions.

I think what happens in the markets from now through the end of October will be very important.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
If we are to believe what many economy experts say and if the US goes into a recession, then most of the economies around the world are going to be hurt by it. I have heard many of these expert say that the world economy floats around the US, meaning as the US does so everybody elses do to.

My question will be, if that is true how is that this othe countries have not devise a plan to make their economies more independant? I mean is like us being dependant on foreign oil, the other countries are too dependant on the US economy.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
But then again the old saying is that economists have predicted 16 of the last 8 recessions.

I like that one, djohnsto77! Haven't heard that before

Given how interconnected the global economy has become, it's almost inevitable that a bad thing happening in one country (especially one that's as economically central as the US) would have a knock-on effect amongst other nations. Worth keeping a close eye on, definitely.

new topics

top topics

join