It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"God": Insane Extraterrestrial

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
In researching why christianity has spawned so much evil, war and suffering in the history of the world, it is advisable to go back to the roots of the religion. If the original seed is foul, no good fruits can expected to grow.

Using the Bible itself as evidence, I think its safe to say that Yaweh, or the God of the Old Testament was not a supreme being or even a "God" but either a criminally insane warlord or an evil extraterrestrial.

This link leads to a good article quoting "Gods" history of violence, rage, revenge, destruction, mass murder, requests to sacrifice virgins, terrorism and other evils.

www.jesusneverexisted.com...

After reading this, theres really no more discussion in the lines of "yeah, christianity is a peaceful religion but its misinterpreted by some". How can you misintrepret those bible passages?

If some readers find this material offensive I can only respond with: I find it offensive that people are trying to convert me to kneeling down and worshipping a bloodthirsty megalomaniac as "the creator of the universe".

[edit on 6-9-2007 by Skyfloating]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Thank You! I see that quite a few people have looked at your thread but haven't posted yet. I've had quite a few personal struggles over the past few years which has made me a believer but not in the sense that most people would expect. I've thought of god as being a mad scientist - seeing just how far he can twist you in one direction before you snap; just to let you unravel a little (catch your breath) and then twist you in another direction. Just like a mad scientist would. Run you through your paces to see what you can withstand.

Why did god let Job be tortured? To win a bet! That doesn't sound like a benevolent god to me.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
"The Seed" isn't God, it's the book. Civilizations throughout history have created their own Gods to explain away reasons as to why things happen, or why events occur.

There is no meglo-maniacal God out there who sought revenge on his children. These are instead justifications as to why bad things happened. To an uneducated mind in ancient times, it simply MUST have been God.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
well, you see, one side of the discussion will say "the good of the bible is a good god, the creator of the universe". And the other side of the discussion will say "the God of the bible doesnt exist". This thread was open because there are some of us that takes neither side. This thread is saying "Yes, the God of the Bible did exist, but no, he was not benevolent". Both sides of the discussion conviniently push away what ALL the ancient religious texts say: There were "Gods" in those times, and boy were they ever insane.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mistressofspices
Why did god let Job be tortured? To win a bet! That doesn't sound like a benevolent god to me.

The book of Job is very loooooong and is poetic in an archaic sense, much like Shakespeare is to many who are not 'into' reading. Many aren't - it is just a result of unique yet same as some in one way or another.

But the problem is that the world believes that to read the bible is to find God/salvation/peace/etc. So they read it and it gets weird and boring and they stop reading and form opinions which they mostly never to try to change.

The very LAST of the book of Job is here.

Go ahead and cheat! Read the first chapter and then the last. The middle is long-winded detail. Good only if you are a Shakespeare fan.

[edited for grammar]

[edit on 9/6/2007 by queenannie38]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
In researching why christianity has spawned so much evil, war and suffering in the history of the world, it is advisable to go back to the roots of the religion. If the original seed is foul, no good fruits can expected to grow.

Using the Bible itself as evidence, I think its safe to say that Yaweh, or the God of the Old Testament was not a supreme being or even a "God" but either a criminally insane warlord or an evil extraterrestrial.

This link leads to a good article quoting "Gods" history of violence, rage, revenge, destruction, mass murder, requests to sacrifice virgins, terrorism and other evils.

www.jesusneverexisted.com...

After reading this, theres really no more discussion in the lines of "yeah, christianity is a peaceful religion but its misinterpreted by some". How can you misintrepret those bible passages?

If some readers find this material offensive I can only respond with: I find it offensive that people are trying to convert me to kneeling down and worshipping a bloodthirsty megalomaniac as "the creator of the universe".

[edit on 6-9-2007 by Skyfloating]

Before you call the Supreme Being insane you might want to take a closer look at humanity. When it comes to Suffering inflicted on humanity the Church of Rome takes third place behind Communism and Fascism. You might want to throw Capitalism in Fourth place.

Who is humanity to Judge? With our Serial Killers, Child Rapists, Mass Suicides, Mechanized Warfare, Genocides, and Totalitarianism. Who are we to Judge?

We are the Criminally Insane. We are the Animals stuck on this Dirtball we call Earth thats more of a prison than a zoo.

I find it offensive that humans think they have the right to call something else evil and then hypocritically ignore or excuse their own behavior.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Hold on a second...your sentence starts out with "Before you call the Supreme Being insane". I am not calling THE supreme being insane. I believe in a supreme being. I am calling the "God" of the Old Testament insane...or simply human...or extraterrestrial.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Hold on a second...your sentence starts out with "Before you call the Supreme Being insane". I am not calling THE supreme being insane. I believe in a supreme being. I am calling the "God" of the Old Testament insane...or simply human...or extraterrestrial.

Well Adonai or Hashem Elohim of the Old Testament as you call it, is my Deity.

Do not connect him directly to the Church of Rome or the Roman Testament. Do some research you'll see Christianity doesnt have much to do with "The Old Testement" thanks to Paul/Saul.

I'm not here to convert you. I dont even care if you acknowledge my G-d. I do care when people call Him Insane or Evil. Who are we to Judge? Like were all fluffy bunnies and rainbows. Humans are pretty much insane.

On a daily basis I cant get humans to think logically. Use your Logos and not your Ethos. Humans will pick emotion 9 out of 10 times before using any reason. This hypothesis sounds like one of those 9 times.

All I'm really asking is to look at the material objectively and remember the god of Rome and my G-d are different.

[edit on 6/9/07 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I dont mean to invalidate your God. But if you are really discounting the old Testament as "The Roman Testament", then you may have a point. In any case I will not retreat from my statement that some passages of the Bible are evil and that some Gods may have simply been extraterrestrials posing as Gods.

When I talk of a Supreme Being I mean something a little more expanded than can be described in books.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I dont mean to invalidate your God. But if you are really discounting the old Testament as "The Roman Testament", then you may have a point. In any case I will not retreat from my statement that some passages of the Bible are evil and that some Gods may have simply been extraterrestrials posing as Gods.

When I talk of a Supreme Being I mean something a little more expanded than can be described in books.

I should of clarified. When I stated Roman Testament I meant the New Testament, primarily the writings of Paul or his disciples. Sorry about that.

I can see how someone could make some connections but really Who is Humanity to Judge?

Look at the Human Race, even more telling Look at Nature. Look at the life cycles of parasites, especially parasitical wasps. The Cosmos is not a friendly place.

The idea that there is a fluffly bunnies and rainbow Supreme Being is in My Opinion pure fantasy. Many people prefer to be Atheists than accept that G-d might not be fluffy bunnies and rainbows.

While people think of G-d being like an old man living in the sky He is likley to be more comparable to an Outer god of the writings of HP Lovecraft. Simply beyond comprehension and appearing Malevolent or at least Deceptive from our point of view but in actuality neither.

When we look to the Heavens and wonder what is the True Nature of Divinity, we need to look within ourselves before asking what is the Nature of the Divine. Who are we and what is this world we live in? The implications are pretty scary. I can see why people retreat to Atheism and more blissful ideas.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
you say humans are inherently evil and God is scary....but I dont know about that. But let me keep it short and simple:

The Supreme Being is unlimited. Anything than can be described or defined is limited and therefore a lesser God.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   

you say humans are inherently evil and God is scary....but I dont know about that. But let me keep it short and simple:

The Supreme Being is unlimited. Anything than can be described or defined is limited and therefore a lesser God.

I dont know if humans are inherently evil but we are some twisted and sick creatures most of the time. There are good people. Just not that many. Most people put in the right situation would become a monster. Only a few have the will to not become corrupt or stay true to principles to the death.

Why wouldnt G-d be scary? The feeling is much more than simple Fear. Its the feeling of Awe. Powerlessness, Wonder and Dread that is inspired when confronted with a Power beyond all understanding and the realization that humanity is infinitesimal in comparison.

Thats my point that the Supreme Being is Powerful beyond all reason and comprehension. That can be very scary and horrifying even. We cant limit the divine to some old man in the sky. Even the concepts of good and evil are Creations. They do not define the ultimate nature of the Divine.

People Fear the Unknown. The Unknown is perceived as Evil. Yet the G-d of the Abraham is beyond good and evil. According to the Bible He created them.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I am calling the "God" of the Old Testament insane...or simply human...or extraterrestrial.

God is the supreme being. It doesn't matter what other names he is called by, he IS THE supreme being.

The bible was written by MAN, that's people like you and i, and in man's typical manner much has been twisted, incorrectly translated and changed to suit. I am RC and I believe in GOD being THE supreme being, but want to know a secret? I have never read the bible from cover to cover. It is a reference point and not the be all and end all of any belief system. That should come from faith that there is a God, who ever he is to anyone and by what name shouldn't matter. You will not find all the answers nor all the facts in the bible. If a person wants to twist what is in the bible they are typically being quite ignorant as they then OBVIOUSLY believe what they have read and then use it against God
This is actually absolutely fantastic!! If you see or understand this they way i have you will also laugh!!

I just got it

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I have read so many posts and threads bashing the stuff in the bible. That means they believe it or they believe the opposite to be true but the fact remains, they have been reading the bible. That is FANTASTIC!! Oh what a wonderful and splendiferous God we have!! He has worked the Devils evils into good. HAHAHA he has made the nonbelievers WANT to read the bible. It's like anything we read - we chuck it to the side and say "oh what BS" BUT something will ALWAYS remain.

oh now i can hardly stop laughing - seriously.
This is fantastic.

Like Hannibal said in the A-Team God is probably rubbing his hands together and saying, "I love it when a plan comes together"

[edit on 7/9/2007 by shearder]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
To MikeBoyd: You are saying that humans are evil and I say they have been educated to be evil by....by belief-systems such as religion. I say they are born pure good. And I am also saying that not everything called "God" is God but only someone POSING as God.

If you are referring to THE supreme being, thats not who I am labelling as "evil". I am labelling all the lesser beings who call themself supreme not trustworthy.

so theres really no discussion here, we mean the same thing. except for the idea that humans are twisted...maybe they have only been made twisted by believing in twisted teachings.

The AWE and WONDER inspired by the Supreme Being...yes..no doubt about it. I dont believe the supreme being to be fluffy friendly grandpa.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by shearder

Well....I understand your post completely and have nothing to add. I will now wait till the people who live and die by the bible show up to this thread.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Just because a man or men say "We're doing Gods work, God is at our back." doesn't mean it's true. The Bible is the most powerful relic on the earth. It is here to stay, it is a string that leads to the divine. A safety line through the maze.

God is not insane, men are insane. there is no "way" but God's way. We all adhere to his plan wether we like it or not.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
depth om: your post is not really a reply to the opening post or the evidence provided in the link. its only a defensive statement.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I think of it this way if God is an alien or the Supreme being creator of all he is one old dude,considering scientists say the Earth is 5 billion years old and the universe is 14 billion years old.............highly unlikely......

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MikeboydUS

Before you call the Supreme Being insane you might want to take a closer look at humanity. When it comes to Suffering inflicted on humanity the Church of Rome takes third place behind Communism and Fascism. You might want to throw Capitalism in Fourth place.

Who is humanity to Judge? With our Serial Killers, Child Rapists, Mass Suicides, Mechanized Warfare, Genocides, and Totalitarianism. Who are we to Judge?

We are the Criminally Insane. We are the Animals stuck on this Dirtball we call Earth thats more of a prison than a zoo.

I find it offensive that humans think they have the right to call something else evil and then hypocritically ignore or excuse their own behavior.

By that same standard who is this god to judge us? This god that committed global genocide, commanded genocide and the rape of Virgins, the stoning to death of children, and endorsed the owning of humans as property.....and then claims to be all loving and the source of all morality.....

Then it apparently has the nerve to judge us when we die and sentence us to eternal punishment/obliteration.......?

Such a being would have no right, and if put before it to be judged, any moral person would give this self proclaimed 'god' the finger.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Anthropomorphisation is a real b#.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join