It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toothaches..."Giving birth inside your head"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I had one major lulu of a toothache not too long ago.

Hell opened up and spewed itself into my cranium, and I thought I was giving birth to evil spawn in my head.

My poor filling had cracked and slowly petered away, just enough to expose a minute portion of 'nerve'.

If any of you have ever had that happen, you'll know EXACTLY what that feels like!

Any form of liquid (hot, cold, medium) wreaked havac. Trying to 'sip or eat'' from one side of the mouth is nuts! (Hospital feeding tubes were looking mighty good at this point)

The instant something comes into contact with the 'nerve', expect a warp-speed migrane! This is worse than those ice-cold slushy drink headaches - if one is stupid enough to pound them back that fast.

I literally felt like I was going to pass out?!?! I wish I did though, because I wasn't getting any sleep at night, as it was.

Being a whimp? Perish the thought!!!!!

Pain of childbirth vs toothache. Hmmm...

After visiting the dentist 2 days later (couldn't get in to see an emergency dentist before that)...

The dentist pronounced: "Your'e the proud parent of an unhealthy cavity!"

I looked up with bloodshot pleading eyes, "Kill me."

"Huh, what was that?" He looked at me with a retarded look.

Well after a few numbing needles, and corrective dentistry, I could feel the dark recesses of hades slithering back to whence it came. The blessed novocain (or whatever he used) had exorcized that demon.

I hope none of you ever have to go through that!

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I feel your pain, Ducks. I've had three of my molars crack, with actual pieces fall off during meals. Those three are now gold crowns. I also had one cavity fall out while I was pregnant with my daughter, and I couldn't get dental work done at the time for fear of damage to her, so I let it go until a few months after she was born. Food would get stuck in the hole and it was very, very bad. They had to pull that tooth.

Ouch.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Thanks MM!

You had to go a few months with pain??!?

GULP...I recant about 'not being a whimp'...Jeese...

Flying Frig...you're one tough and brave Lady MM!!

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Well, after the broken leg I had from a motorcycle accident, the tooth pain wasn't that bad. Maybe my mouth nerves aren't as sensitive as yours.

new topics

top topics

join