It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hydrogen Peroxide Microbes on Mars - But whats in the skys?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I was just doing my daily rounds looking at the nice display of astronomy photos and such on antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov... , and I came across a picture I have seen before on the same site. What I didnt realize is, there was also multiple objects suspended in the skys. This photo is of Mars from the Viking lander. Submitted August 28, 2007. Here is the link.

Sky Objects on Mars Photo

There is also a description that follows the first part of the thread title, which is also interesting.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I would also like to add that I increased the size of the photo to see more clearly the objects. In doing so i have found that there is pixelation from the objects, but in a directional fashion. ex. all the objects have that pixelation starting on the object, but the pixels seem to pertrude northernly, southernly ect, ect. but the direction is different for each object... just some food for thought.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The stuff in the sky is most likely dust on the window or camera lens or whatever it is that took the pic. It's a sandy & windy place.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
one thing that does get me though. If there is so much dust flying around how does the viking lander stay so clean and operational? I would think dust would crud up the gears and instruments also.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamen
one thing that does get me though. If there is so much dust flying around how does the viking lander stay so clean and operational? I would think dust would crud up the gears and instruments also.
That's another question. Wasn't there a strange occurrence with the viking lander when it got mysteriously cleaned up one day? I'm sure the explanation was a high wind that blew the rubble off but some folk think the martians did it.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Balloons which floated across from a childs birthday party in Surrey, Essex..

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
There was a video I have watched, and I cant remember for the life of me where I seen it specificly. In it, it goes to say there is a special space corp. that has its own duties and missions aside from NASA that sometimes handles cleaning the lander. To me that seems a bit out there, but with todays secrets that could very well be the case.

I'll see if I can dig up that video

top topics

join