It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RAF Fighter Planes Intercept Russian Bombers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3_Libras
Whether it be Russians, Iranians, or whatnot, the US will in the near future, experience war on its on doorstep. It feels like people in the US see war as a videogame of sorts, outside of their reality. But they continue to eat dinner while newsreels show that 15 people died in a car bomb blast. 9/11 was a changing point in that it was terror not really experienced. Watch this space, more to come. The US will feel it, make no mistake, but its funny seeing some of the people on this board adamant that no matter what the US will take care of it. Wake up and smell the ashes...reality isn't just a show on TV.

We already felt it back in 9/11.
Looked what happened.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Felt it back in 9/11? You're having a laugh arent you. What the US felt is nothing compared to what it deals out.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
That's a seriously interesting post. The only people from the US who have experienced the true horrors of war are the soldiers and marines fighting on foreign soil... always foreign soil.

Not to be in anyway direspectful, many, many other countries have had nothing but terror, hatred, fear and agony for decades and decades... So if it does reach US soil, I think 'Johnny American' will be in for a big shock.

Then and only then will they understand the mentality of the suicide bomber. I.e someone who has witnessed all his family ripped apart by cluster bombs and exists with nothing more than vengeance and hatred.

Let's not forget also, that when the soldiers and marines return from foreign wars, they are usally screwed up.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Felt it back in 9/11? You're having a laugh arent you. What the US felt is nothing compared to what it deals out.

Yeah makes you wonder what happens if somebody did some carnage more than just 3 buildings on U.S. soil. If the U.S. response since 9/11 is just for 3 buildings and couple of thousand people, imagine the possibilities for destroying a U.S. city and America's response to that.

I think Japan learned from that lesson back on 12/7 and looked what happened to them.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Does no one remember the little incident with a US surveillance plane having to land in China after colliding with a chinese fighter plane?

archives.cnn.com...

The US, for the most part, monitors all nations, some more than others.

Stuff like this used to happen all the time. Just after the Soviet Union Collapsed, the Russians had trouble feeding everyone let alone conducting all these air missions. Its good to see the beast in the east getting back on its feet. Interesting times lay ahead.

[edit on 6/9/07 by Pfeil]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   

OK - Thats my cue to leave this thread.

This must be a frickin' record. It took only two pages for a thread about Russian bombers being intercepted by UK fighters to turn into a "Stick it up the Americans Nose" thread.

Nice job.

[edit on 9/6/2007 by darkbluesky]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Let's get back to the topic of this thread people.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Guys, this has nothing to do with 9/11, and has everything to do with what Westy outlined above.

Get used to it, because its not going away.

Wait till a couple of those big Bears decide to take a trip to Cuba like they used to do once or twice a month on long range training exercises. Thats when you'll know the Russians are back in business properly.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
With all due respect, contemporary life (as we know it) started on 9/11 (even if all actually started ages ago). Sorry for going back to it, but afterall....its why we're talking about Russian planes right now. Back to topic I guess.

[edit on 6-9-2007 by 3_Libras]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Its not like the bears are even anywhere near the cutting edge of what the Russains have available as long range bombers.

These are 1960s aircraft to toy with, intimidate and observe us.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PfeilIts good to see the beast in the east getting back on its feet. Interesting times lay ahead.

I don't think I quite understand why it's good that the "beast in the east" is getting back on it's feet. Wouldn't it be a bad thing if Russia decided to try a second time to become the worlds leading superpower? Too much blood was spilled when it happened last time, and we don't need it to happen again.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
If the Russians are a superpower again, then you know there's gonna be a Rocky VII.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Russia does not need to invade anyone if they want to do damage to Europe, they will just shut off the oil and gas pipes

It's their oil and "the west" respects private property, do they ?
But in the case of oil "the west" are just a bunch of communists and they will say : "evil Russia, look what they are doing, they don't want to share", as if they had any "birth right" on that oil.

[edit on 7-9-2007 by pai mei]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by pai mei
Russia does not need to invade anyone if they want to do damage to Europe, they will just shut off the oil and gas pipes

It's their oil and "the west" respects private property, do they ?
But in the case of oil "the west" are just a bunch of communists and they will say : "evil Russia, look what they are doing, they don't want to share", as if they had any "birth right" on that oil.

[edit on 7-9-2007 by pai mei]

Why would they want to do damage to Europe?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 3_Libras

They do not. And they also do not want a nuclear war. So who cares where they fly in the international air space ? That is why it's international

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   

With all due respect, contemporary life (as we know it) started on 9/11 (even if all actually started ages ago). Sorry for going back to it, but afterall....its why we're talking about Russian planes right now. Back to topic I guess.

[edit on 6-9-2007 by 3_Libras]

Rubbish. Life, contemporary or not, did not start on 9/11.

There is a world outside of the United States of America, and alot of it was suffering from terrorism.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I think what he meant is that after 9/11, some Americans realised that they weren't untouchable and that our safe western countries could come under fire and be in crisis quite easily.
And I think the point was that if Russia decided to strike the USA hard as the opening phase of an invasion, then Americans would finally realise what it's like to have war on your doorstep, because it's nothing like in video games.

Anyway more on topic, if the Russians flew military aircraft into British airspace, would the RAF be justified in shooting them down? And what would be the chances of it actually happening?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by malganis
reply to post by neformore

I think what he meant is that after 9/11, some Americans realised that they weren't untouchable and that our safe western countries could come under fire and be in crisis quite easily.

Thats always been the case. Sadly pre-9/11 most americans lived in a bubble. The problem with the post 9/11 world is that the very same bubble alot of americans were in also enshrouded them in ignorance of what actually goes on elsewhere in the world.

And I think the point was that if Russia decided to strike the USA hard as the opening phase of an invasion, then Americans would finally realise what it's like to have war on your doorstep, because it's nothing like in video games.

Russia is in no position to invade the US. Even at the height of the cold war it never was, and the same can be said the other way round. The two countries were and are still perfectly capable of wiping each other out though.

Anyway more on topic, if the Russians flew military aircraft into British airspace, would the RAF be justified in shooting them down? And what would be the chances of it actually happening?

Nope. They wouldn't shoot them down unless an act of open hostility occurred, and by that I mean a missile launch. They would harass them, fly very very close to them to try and get the pilots to turn or possibly force them to land. The most extreme thing they would do in peacetime is fire warnings with their cannon.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by malganis

Of course they would be, remember civilian jets have been shot down for entering restricted airspace.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
Of course they would be, remember civilian jets have been shot down for entering restricted airspace.

Not by the RAF.

Never.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join