It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria 'fires on Israel warplanes'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Syria 'fires on Israel warplanes'

news.bbc.co.uk

Syria says its air defences have opened fire on Israeli war planes which had entered Syrian airspace.

Israeli planes had "dropped ammunition" over desert areas of Syria, before being forced to leave, according to the official Syrian news agency, SANA.

Quoting a Syrian military spokesman, the official agency says the action took place "without causing human or material loss".
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
So they say they don't want war... yet these encounters are springing up more and more over the recent months.

What do they really want?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Well, those two countries are still technically at war. So...

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
www.ynetnews.com...

Something tells me this is the ignition for the war motor...

apc

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I thought Pelosi settled all this Israeli-Syrian squabbling.

Oh wait that's right... she's an idiot and just made things worse by lying about one to the other.

Regardless, we went a whole year without a little Israel vs. Somebody war. Pretty good. With any luck this act will blow over and we can shoot for two years.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
If Israeli planes were in Syrian airspace, they have every right to take them down.

Just like the Israeli's would if Syrian planes trespassed in their airspace.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
If Israeli planes were in Syrian airspace, they have every right to take them down.

Just like the Israeli's would if Syrian planes trespassed in their airspace.

Yeah of course, but the real question is WHY were Israeli planes in Syrian airspace?

...although I doubt any of us have an answer for that, other than that they want to "ignite" something again.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
There is no official comment from the IDF! their is a lot of confussion here and the reports are saying that syria trying to paint a picture that "they did the first move!", like i sayd their is no official statement about it yet, but it looks like a classic "they started it" statement for war!

And what about all the syrian forces practicaly BBQing in our borders??? thats not a sign of war?, its too stink to b legit...

[edit on 6-9-2007 by A-s-o-t]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Very interesting. The jist of the article was IDF planes came into Syrian airspace, but not very far, were fired upon, dropped ordnance, but not on a target, and then went supersonic.

Barring the account is a complete fabrication, it sounds something like this may have happened:

F-16's were laden with weapons in strike configuration. This severely limits the aircrafts agility.
Aircraft meet unexpected air defense SAMs. They drop their ordnance before reaching target in order to be able to take evasive action, and then high tail it out of there (sonic boom).

Probably trying to exploit a weak point in Syrian air defenses to launch a pre-emptive strike on some of Syria's weapons labs or Hezbollah HQ, and got more than they bargained for.

Take Care.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   

This sounds like a likely scenerio to me.What i wonder is if true what the israelis target was in syria?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Seems like the situation is heating up especially with comments by Syria
Information Minister Mohsen Bilal told Al-Jazeera TV that Syria's leadership was "giving serious consideration to its response... to this aggression".

/Quote

I wonder what the response will , just hope this incident does not spark another war in the middle east.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Theukdude

We would know the answer shortly via satellites if Syria starts to mobilize forces.I dont belive they want to do that however.Maybe they will just donate a few extra bucks to the terrorists they sponsor to do their fighting for them.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xfile

This sounds like a likely scenerio to me.What i wonder is if true what the israelis target was in syria?

Exactly my friend.....what if it was elsewhere.....like Iran.

Could this have been some kind of "sneak over Syria" towards Iran manouvare, heading towards the Iranian nuclear facilities but were Busted and fired upon?

Just a theory of course, then again it could just be a test of the Syrian response to a breach of their borders.

Question is - why is Israel doing this? Where is the condemnation from the UN to this provocative behaviour......Oh, thats right, they are in cohoots with the USA so they are allowed to do what they wish, I forgot that there was an exemption for Israel in the UN charter.

No wonder so many people oppose them and their actions, its a hypocritical rule that actions go unnoticed by some yet start wars with others?????

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Iran, Seria and Israel. I wish they would just go ahead and get the war over with. Have a victor and move on so the rest of us can explore space and stuff

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Hey at least isreal is not dropping ordinance on US warships this time (like during the 6 day war) so thats a plus.

If I were syria I'd fire on them too. They were violating soverign airspace.

Isreal's military has been getting a lot of "not what they bargained for" lately. Hezbolla is getting pretty well trained by somebody because they are doing pretty good at attacking IDF and winning lately. Probably very surprising to the Isrealie military.

I still gotta wonder what they were doing flying with live ordinace over someone elses personal and internationally protected airspace. An over inflated sense of entitelment doesn't make many friends. Not as little kids on the play ground, nor as adults in the real world, or for countries/nations for that matter. I mean, I don't like my neighbors very much but you don't see me sneaking into their garages at night attempting to slash their tires. I understand premptive strikes and all that, but sometimes over confidence and a complete disregard for the internationall community or anybody else for that matter. doesn't make one in high standing with their peers. Thats right I forgot Isreal doesn't have peers- thier special.

[edit on 6-9-2007 by BASSPLYR]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
i still dont get why america backs isreal?what is it that makes them think they are special or untouchable?i just dont get it...someone show me the light please.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The light you speak of is the fact that both countries are under the control of religious extremists who feel that they should fight together against the rest to instigate an Armageddon to bring in the second coming.

Yeah, its totally wacko idea, but unfortunately thats what our leaders beleive.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by KINGOFPAIN
someone show me the light please.

This should do it. Read and learn how things really work in the land of the "free" and the home of the "brave." www.lrb.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxCola45

Barring the account is a complete fabrication, it sounds something like this may have happened:

F-16's were laden with weapons in strike configuration. This severely limits the aircrafts agility.
Aircraft meet unexpected air defense SAMs. They drop their ordnance before reaching target in order to be able to take evasive action, and then high tail it out of there (sonic boom).

Excellent theory, very logical. 10\10

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by KINGOFPAIN
i still dont get why america backs isreal?what is it that makes them think they are special or untouchable?i just dont get it...someone show me the light please.

America has a large jewish lobby which can effect elections
they are most likely the most wealthly in the US

most americans believe jews are the chosen people and by supporting them they will have earned the right into heaven.

also on topic
bravo to the syrians, shame none were shot down

top topics

<<   2 >>

join