It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel bombs Syrian targets (mixed reports)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Syria was caught with their hand in the nuclear cookie jar and got bitch slapped by Isreal. I would like to see the new SU-31 put up against Isreali F-15's. Syria would get snuffed. And they know it.

This may be part of a bigger plan to have Isreal take out Syria while the US takes out Iran.

[edit on 14-9-2007 by eagledriver]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
If the stories that Syria is building Nuclear Missile sites are true,I don't blame Israel at all for bombing them!

[edit on 14-9-2007 by BigDaveJr]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Here be a good article on this:

Israelis ‘blew apart Syrian nuclear cache’

IT was just after midnight when the 69th Squadron of Israeli F15Is crossed the Syrian coast-line. On the ground, Syria’s formidable air defences went dead. An audacious raid on a Syrian target 50 miles from the Iraqi border was under way.

At a rendezvous point on the ground, a Shaldag air force commando team was waiting to direct their laser beams at the target for the approaching jets. The team had arrived a day earlier, taking up position near a large underground depot. Soon the bunkers were in flames.

Ten days after the jets reached home, their mission was the focus of intense speculation this weekend amid claims that Israel believed it had destroyed a cache of nuclear materials from North Korea.

The Israeli government was not saying. “The security sources and IDF [Israeli Defence Forces] soldiers are demonstrating unusual courage,” said Ehud Olmert, the prime minister. “We naturally cannot always show the public our cards.”

Now, what puzzles me is that the Syrian Air defence's didn't manage to spot two F-15's.

Were the Syrians trying to avoid a confrontation, perhaps thinking they were US jets? The Israeli Air force attache in Washington D.C apparently was given codes to prevent the IDF jets shooting at US jets by mistake.

The apparent target is on the Euphrates river, 50 miles from the Iraqi border.

The Israeli's must have used Iraqi Airspace to get there. I don't see two F-15's surviving for very long over 300 miles of Syrian Airspace.

Did the Iraqi Government know? Probably not....

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Did the Iraqi Government know? Probably not....

The yanks know? Probably yes...

Also, Turkey believed to given the Israelis the information, so maybe entered through Turkey?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
The yanks know? Probably yes...

The Yanks apparently knew, yes. But isn't the Iraqi Government supposed to be sovereign? (excuse me whilst I stifle my s'n-word'ing....)

Originally posted by infinite
Also, Turkey believed to given the Israelis the information, so maybe entered through Turkey?

TOO long a route. Quickest route to a location 50 miles from the Iraqi border on the Euphrates river is via Iraq. Go via Turkey and you add a huge distance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join