It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel bombs Syrian targets (mixed reports)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
By earlier reports, IAF discarded fuel tanks not bombs over Syria.
If Syria wants to pick a fight with Israel, they will have to do it alone. The US will not allow Iran to get involved. Syria would be decimated by Israel and don't let the police action in Lebanon fool you. Syria is no match for Israel.
In fact, if Iran insists, it may be the excuse we are looking for to bomb the Iran military into dust.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
So what your sayuing is, it is ok for Chinese warplanes to fly over California skies without authorization, and we have absolutley no justficiation to fire on them because they just drop some fuel drums?

See now all I had to do was change the names of parties involved, and it will elicit a double standard wont it?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I may be wrong but those external fuel tanks would surely have exploded when they hit the ground, so technically, they did drop bombs.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
I may be wrong but those external fuel tanks would surely have exploded when they hit the ground, so technically, they did drop bombs.

Umm what guarantee would there be that the drop tanks would explode ?
I can understand how aviation fuel would burn but other then a spark caused by battle damage or impact but other wise would cause the detonation ?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Somebody watches too much TV. Thinking those fuel tanks would automatically explode is like watching the car in the movies that goes off a cliff to explode when it hits the bottom. That RARELY happens.

On another note, Syria is just pissed off because their piece of junk air defense system they bought from Russia is worthless!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Syria and Israel are at War and have been for nigh on 30 years.

Syria wants peace, but only if the Golan Heights are given back abnd Israel says they wont sit at the table unless Syria stops supporting Hezbollah.

Story goes that the Syrians and Iranians have acquired from their good Russian friends a large shipment of Pantsyr-S1 Air Defense Systems. These are supposedly integrated AA guns/Missile systems that can engage multiple air targets. Its missiles are supposedly unjammable!

Well Israel seemed to have jammed the missiles and/or found a way to significantly decrease their effectivity.

Who says they even used them? Bit presumptious of you to assume "Israel jammed" Russia's latest system.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by eagledriver

In fact, if Iran insists, it may be the excuse we are looking for to bomb the Iran military into dust.

This is my thinking exactly. Isreal flies over Syria, Syria responds with it's military supported by Iran, US uses this as an excuse to bomb Iran.
Any thoughts that this is part of the BUSH Inc. plan for war with Iran?

More recent news...
www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=070908134056.yoq9ppc4&show_article=1

Syria is mulling a "series of responses" after Israeli warplanes violated its airspace this week, Vice President Faruq al-Shara said in an interview with an Italian newspaper published Saturday.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by Sanity Lost]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The Syrians themselves said their air defense system fired on the Isralei planes and is what deterred them but obviously they didnt do too much good.

Keep buying that great Russian equipment.

Iran and Syria about to get smoked if this escalates. Bring it.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
well then princeofpeace, I hope to see you laying down your life for the war you support. I WILL be fighting in the next war regardless of the reason, because I will support my country either way. I just hoep you do not chicken out at the recruiters office, mister peace.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Im there with bells on. Cant wait-licking my freakin chops. How about you house cat?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
n/m

[edit on 9-9-2007 by princeofpeace]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Alright then I will see you there, but will admit I do not exactly excited about it. I will just see it as doing my job, not getting a kick out of destroying another civilization.

In any news, there is now a picture of the fuel tanks that were dropped close to the border with Turkey.

Ankara has summoned Israel's envoy to Turkey after fuel tanks belonging to Israeli planes were found near Turkey's border with Syria.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This was just on CNN;

Sources reported that Israel did carry out an airstrike in Syria.

According to the reports, "activity" occurred which resulted in a strike. The report then went on to state something regarding the US about the US and it allies being willing to carry out preemptive strikes on selected targets.

I'll see if I can find a link on the internet

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Just in over the wire. There was an airstrike inside Syria by the IAF. They were going after a transfer of Iranian weapons from Syria to Hezbollah. It's about time that the terrorist support networks were kicked in the butt.

Syria is impotent to do anything except cry to the UN which is impotent also.

I would like to see Syria take on Israel because Iran would respond and the US is just iching the slap Iran who is currently shaking in their boots.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The source is apparently an US official.

This airstrike creates more questions than answers.

Israeli jets carried out an air strike in Syria last week, a US defence official has said.

The official, who spoke anonymously, said he did not know the target of the alleged strike on Thursday
news.bbc.co.uk...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

We need to keep an eye on this story, this is far from over.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I've watched the News this evening, and have just logged on and this is the first I've heard of it.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
ABout time Israel started doing something about these weapons transfers. They've been complaing to the UN for the last year and they have done nothing. Well its about time they started doing it themselves. I can assure you that BOTH Iran and Syria are too candy assed to do anything about it.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
J post has picture of plane's reported path and strike location. Hezbollah mentioned. Hmm. pretty close to Iraq border. "big hole" in the desert. North Korea now chiming in with diplomatic protests. Also reports of ground action by Israelis in same area.(recovery?) Getting interesting

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
FOXNEWS breaking..

the raid is linked to believed nuclear material

Again, US officials are the sources behind this.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
To continue with this story...

Report: Israel spots nuclear installations in Syria

www.ynetnews.com...

Israel believes that North Korea has been supplying Syria and Iran with nuclear materials, a Washington defense official told the New York Times. “The Israelis think North Korea is selling to Iran and Syria what little they have left,” he said.

Does anyone have the name of this "Washington defense official" the Times reported talked with?

Sounds like we are just one step back from the pits of fire

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Sanity Lost]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join