It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do we get answers when we die?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
what do you think do we? do we get answers on all our questions?

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Maybe just a whole new set of questions

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberGhost

No. Because you'll be dead.

Even if you get all the answers what good I'll do you since you cant come back and tell everyone what you've learned.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
We get the answer to what DIRT tastes like and thats about it.

Oh and a worm get the answer to what people taste like.

I think humans are crazy to think we are the only creatures blessed to go to heaven. What about fluffy and tinker? I dont think ANY of use get to go ANYwhere tell ya the truth.
Humans think they are so special...That we and absolutely no other living thing has a soul that gets to lead this fairytail existence after we die. didnt we believe at one time that the sun revolved around US. Well, We ASSumed so, but ofcourse.

That whole theory went to hell, huh.

Maybe Ill find out what rest and peace are also.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Yep, but then its too late .....

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I agree with Kristine.

Only answer will be how that dirt taste.

When we die, we die, that's the whole point of dying.

This world is as harsh as it is, we need a break from it.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
So if when you die then you die, what is the point of you continuing to live?
Your existance is meaningless .....
You are no more important than the bug you squash running over your kitchen floor. You both go to the same place ... nowhere.....

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   
hey chicken, thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard,Thats like saying"why bother going anywhere because when your done you go back home"
Where R u frum stoopid.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Why get answers? When we were born did u get asnwers , or did you even have questions? Probably not.... You just accepted that you were alive..... The expression life just passes you by could be one of turth in that once you die, you don't even remeber really living.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Where do you think these "answers" to all your questions will come from?

If your soul survives death, I don't see any reason for it to all of the sudden know anything new except what death is like.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
So if when you die then you die, what is the point of you continuing to live?
Your existance is meaningless .....
You are no more important than the bug you squash running over your kitchen floor. You both go to the same place ... nowhere.....
I think this is the case, but I'm not going to go about testing that theory. The bug you squash didn't want to be squashed any more than you want to die, but that doesn't mean there is some afterlife, meaning, or message to life at all. Survival instinct keeps many people here that don't otherwise see a point to life. Same with all creatures.

As for a meaning to life without some afterlife to go to, I don't think there is some prerequisite that there has to be an afterlife to have meaning for life. It certainly would help bring meaning, but life's meaning can be created in your head without dependence upon some very unproven (yet widely believed in) afterlife notion. The point to life could certainly be that its pointless and that figuring that out for yourself is exactly why you are alive. Sucky answer, but it could be an answer.

[Edited on 19-1-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   
im smart enough and tough enough to be a ghost.I think thats what will happen.

Wish me luck.........

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I've known several people who had NDE's. One of them saw their whole life review she said you saw each thing you did second by second and what effect it had on those as a result of your actions. She said she saw herself as a three year old child steal a Barbie doll outfit , she said she did not know any better but knew her Mom would take it away from her so she stuffed it in her pocket. She never even knew she had done that but she remembered it when she came back. She said for each person you gave joy to you feel that joy yourself, for each person you made angry you feel their anger and each emotion you caused someone else to feel, you feel it just as they did.
Another friend died and saw the drs. frantically working; on her at first she did not recognize herself and felt sorry for that poor woman who was so dead. Then she got a clear view and realized it was her body she was looking at, she also had a full life review but was focused on her argument with the voice in the light, she was told she had to go back there was more for her to do and she argued that she did not want to go back, she wanted to stay. She was told again she had to go back but she was one of those stubborn people so she said, "OK I'll go back but don't you plan on bringing me here again and make me go back, next time I'm not leaving!" They both said that in the presence of the light they felt so loved so peaceful that there was no feeling like it in this world. Of course they both died of natural causes I've heard that the experience is not so great for those who commit suicide and are brought back.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I believe that the life flash is our guilty concience. You have to figure your mind is goin to go thru some pretty heave # when you think your about to die!
And the tunnel of light and seeing yourself and floating away is EXACTLY what an "out of body"seeming experience is like. You can induce this experience thru meditation. I have done it. There are internal vibrations and flashed of light .....Its all part of drifting thru the stages of sleep and being aware of the stages. You can induce this awreness thru meditation and self dream therapy. I truly think the mind is going thru the stages of going to sleep, but for good this time.
And the only thing your going to learn is what a good old fashion DIRT NAP feels like

--Kris

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
dying and not remembering that you lived is pretty much the scariest and saddest thing!

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Close CyberGhost, but dying and not having ANY thoughts is worse. Like a lightbulb that has been turned off, or like an awesome story written on a computer that is lost because it wasn't written to the drive.

Just as there are no athiests in war, in people's hearts underneath their intellectual pride, I don't believe that anyone truely believes that when THEY die they cease to exist. Even the posters here say "I am in a box" implying some continuing of identity.

If you think that living is to procreate and leave a mark on society, then a simple test can show how meaningless that is. What is the name of your Great Grandparents, and what did they do? See, only 3 or 4 generations ago and people are totally forgotten.

dying and not remembering that you lived is pretty much the scariest and saddest thing!

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
You only stop coming back when you learn all that you can from this realm. Thus, for most answers are given for questions asked but there must be more questions to be answered again. Think of spiritual evolution of going to school. When you finish one grade you go on to annother. Do you get to a point when you know it all?

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I agree, its scary to think it ends...Ghost, its down right incomprehensible.....
I think religion is the biggest conspiracy ever to hit the human race. If people knew there would be no consequence for their actions, it would be anarchy. People would be indulging in lifestyles so destructive, it would ruin the quality of life for EVERYONE.
So again, I will stand with
The answer we will learn is:
How easy can it be to lie still while being consumed by insects?

--Kris

It s a little easier for me to accept this than the majority of people I know. Most are raised from birth to follow a religion and have faith and belief in afterlife and consequence. I was not brought up in any "faith". I was taught to treat people the way I would like to be treated. And I would like to be remebered by people as a "good" person, that affected their life in a "positive" way

[Edited on 19-1-2004 by xxKristinexx]

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Yes but in school you sometimes forget what you've already learned in previous grades. Although your subconscience never forgets, and all info is 100% retained, it is sometimes hard to recall.

So if you forget a lesson, does this mean you need to relearn it? Or that means you already know it, but at the moment your ability to recall is just a lil fuzzy?

Cuz with my short term memory, I'd never get out

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
lilblam,

all good points and questions, I have to assume that you progress when you know what you need to know, however long that takes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join