It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you want to waste time go to a job interview

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Where the employer hasn't bothered to read your CV so when they find out that you have no experience the interview is basically over.
Next answer this moronic question.
Have you installed any servers ?
Well if I had installed servers why would I be here and why would I be trying to break into the job market and the IT sector ?
If it had been any other kind of situation I would have used certain language that I cant post on ATS to air my displeasure at having my time wasted.

[edit on 5-9-2007 by xpert11]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I know what you mean. They could at least tell you that you´re "not the guy for the job" per mail/email/phone rather then having us get an apointment to just say "Nope, good luck." That´s a big thing with me, pisses me off.

Some employers are morons. Good thing is, you won´t have to work with them!

Frontkjemper

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Heh...

When I was hired, one of the main requirements was "Photoshop experience". Naturally, you'd think they would have provided me with a copy of Photoshop when I got my job. I had to use the trial version for a couple months before I could raise enough of a fuss to get them to purchase a copy!

The whole corporate slavery life really sucks. You know we work most of our waking life? Meanwhile a few people at the top are getting rich off of us smokin stogeys and drinking cocktails underneath a Caribbean sun. Hell with that... I'm starting to get into the entrepreneurial spirit. Who's with me???

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Where the employer hasn't bothered to read your CV so when they find out that you have no experience the interview is basically over.
Next answer this moronic question.
Have you installed any servers ?
Well if I had installed servers why would I be here and why would I be trying to break into the job market and the IT sector ?
If it had been any other kind of situation I would have used certain language that I cant post on ATS to air my displeasure at having my time wasted.

[edit on 5-9-2007 by xpert11]

just reading the title of this thread gave me a good idea.

Why not apply for jobs you are obviously not experienced for, just to see how far you can get with B.S. It could prove to be quite fun, especially if you are a fan of Neuro Linguistic Programming.

Plus, if you already have a job, there's really no reason to be worried about the interview, except for the social awkwardness of it perhaps, and could ultimately be a good practice for future interviews, or just social interactions in general.

To me it would be great just to see the expression on their face once they realize it's been a waste of time. I may apply for a senior level accounting job next week... lol.

new topics

top topics

join