It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: China arrests Anti-Olympics Activist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Report: China arrests Anti-Olympics Activist

www.cnn.com

Yang's family told the group the arrest was linked to Yang's campaign to gather signatures for an open letter titled "We want human rights, not the Olympics." It was not clear whom the letter was addressed to.

Before his arrest he had gathered more than 10,000 signatures, mainly from Heilongjiang farmers, the organization said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Is China EVER going to stop repressing their own people?

It is soooo tiring hearing about this all the time.

Apparently Chinese government has forced more than 1 million people out of their homes to make room for the 2008 Olympic sports venues.

So, this guy gathers 10,000 signatures on his letter telling the government they would rather have more human rights than the 2008 Olympics, so the government throws him in jail.

But, then again, this is what the Chinese government does best!

You would figure that with OVER 1 billion people, they could easily rise up and overthrow the government. I wonder if it will ever happen?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
If I had my own communist country I would ban the olympics too, and laughter. jk

Keyhole, I think this guy got busted because he was claiming that the PRC does not have human rights while at the same time the PRC official was showing him those rights. So what if they treat each other like trash their goods are cheap the quality is much better than you might think! Well, that's how most people see it,... I think.

The US seems to always appease China and as long as people continue to trade with it and pretend as if nothing is wrong the problem will never be addressed. I think that China believes that if they give in to human rights it will help them to become more democratic. Does the Chinese leadership believe that only by force can a government lead and manage its people? If this is so what will Chinese doctrine be when they superseed the US as the next superpower in the next 40 years?

We are just spokes on a wheel but at least we realize what is going on around us.

join