It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus was not the only Son of God

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Hi ATS, I'm new here, this is the first thread I'm starting. It's regarding the the fact that Christians believe Jesus Christ to be the son of God as stated in the Holy Bible. Well that same Holy Bible mentions other "Sons of God" In the Old Testiment Genisis chapter 6. Now I've read many threads here on ATS discussing these "Sons of God" and many speculative theories that they were kings, or angels, or even aliens, but the fact remains the right there in the first book of the Bible it clearly mentions "Sons of God" being plural. The Bible says Jesus was the Son of God and an entire religion is devoted to following Jesus and his teachings. Any scholars out there know if any further details of these other sons are revealed? If the Bible refers to these other sons of God as mating with the daughters of man, then why are so many people so resistant to the thought that Jesus may have mated with a women? I really hope this hasn't already been discussed, I think its an interesting question.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I agree that the OT states there are "sons of God". And I have no problem accepting that as it is stated. Jesus was the only "begotten son of God", i.e. born of a human.

As far as the uptightness surrounding whether Jesus could have been married - beats me.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Cynical,

Yep - there are more Sons of God revealed.

The Paradise Sons of God revealed are presently three but there are many more orders of the Sons of God not revealed.

Briefly the presently revealed Orders are:

Creator Sons - the Order Jesus belonged to. They are Creators of the local universes.

Avonal Sons - the judicial Order of Sonship that has the power to adjudicate the sleeping survivors and the planet. Our planet has never experienced one of these Sons, but it will. They are also called Magisterial Sons because of their work. The Magisterial Sons are created by the Infinite Spirit and the Eternal Son. (The Eternal Son is not a Creator Son, but the Original Son).

Trinity Teacher Sons: These Sons are also called Daynals and they are in charge of the highest schools of education which by extensions even reach out planet. Unlike Creator Sons who were brought forth by a creative liaison of the Father-Son; the Daynals were created by the Paradise Trinity. Even today our planet is under the tutelage of one of these Sons.

Creator Sons incarnate in the flesh only once. The promise to return is an extraordinary event not presaged ever in the history of our local universe.

Avonal Sons may incarnate many times but usually reserve their service to seven times so others of their Order may benefit from these incarnations.

Trinity Teacher Sons never incarnate. They make their influence felt through many of the high colleges and universities that abound in the universes of time.

Ask on if you wish.

Ron

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Valhall: Thanks for your reply. Your comment is pretty much how I feel, the bible mentions these other sons of God. Its kind of mystifying. I grew up learning about different bible stories and I don't recall this ever being taught to me, or even being mentioned ever in any church or sunday school I've ever been to. That alone really sparks my imagination. If any one out there in the ATS community is aware of any other references to them in the bible, I am really interested in reading up on this subject more. Any other bible verses mention these mysterious sons?

Aronolac: Thanks for replying...wow, you just blew my mind! I've never heard of any of the terms to which you refer. I would love to read up more on this. Can you recommend any good books? Are any of these different types of Sons of God actually explained in any bible verses? The way I interprated your post is as if there is a "Culture" or "Society" or some type of organized hierarchy of God and the sons of God. Pretty interesting. I have absolutely no intention of bashing anyone here, but I can't help but feel left hanging by your replydue to lack of links to sources. I would really enjoy reading up on what you just posted, can you explain where you aquired this info? Again, I appreciate your reply I'm just interested in where I can find out more information about these different sons you have mentioned to me.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
in theory, we are all children of God. perhaps this is what was intended? i really have no idea. just a thought.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisefoolishness
in theory, we are all children of God.

I see where you're coming from with that. And thanks for replying. I'm new here and this may be a foolish thread to start. I just really find it interesting, especially the fact that this type of stuff isn't exactly common knowledge to younger Christians. I was never taught anything about other sons of God other than Jesus. I guess it isn't very surprising that the bible has left me both confused and intrigued. I believe that's a relativly common effect the Bible can have on people. I know there are a lot of similarities between the beliefs of Judaism, Islamic beliefs, And Christianity. Although I know very little about their religious texts. Any one know if there any references to "Sons of God" in the religious teachings of these other Abrahamic religions? Also I want to apologize for starting a thread about something I'm curious about rather than something I'm an expert on. I really don't want to come across as mister 20 questions. But I must say that some of the discussions on ATS have really impressed me and really fuel the mind.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Hello again Aronolac! Glad you're still around!

cynical572, you might check out the "Book of Urantia", I believe it will give you some idea of Aronolac's subject matter.....And be prepared to do some reading!
......It'll keep you busy til he gets back......

urantiabook.org...

www.urantiabook.org...

urantiabook.org...

[edit on 5-9-2007 by frayed1]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Thanks for the links! In an attempt to thank you and to avoid a "One Line Post" I just wanted to say thanks and that I'll be glad to read through the material you've linked to. Right on Frayed1...Peace

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by cynical572

this is the purpose of ATS. its good that you ask questions. people come here to learn. i dont think its a stupid thread.
and welcome by the way

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisefoolishness
i dont think its a stupid thread.
and welcome by the way

I'll second that. It was a very interesting read.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by cynical572
Hi ATS, I'm new here, this is the first thread I'm starting. It's regarding the the fact that Christians believe Jesus Christ to be the son of God as stated in the Holy Bible. Well that same Holy Bible mentions other "Sons of God" In the Old Testiment Genisis chapter 6. Now I've read many threads here on ATS discussing these "Sons of God" and many speculative theories that they were kings, or angels, or even aliens, but the fact remains the right there in the first book of the Bible it clearly mentions "Sons of God" being plural. The Bible says Jesus was the Son of God and an entire religion is devoted to following Jesus and his teachings. Any scholars out there know if any further details of these other sons are revealed? If the Bible refers to these other sons of God as mating with the daughters of man, then why are so many people so resistant to the thought that Jesus may have mated with a women? I really hope this hasn't already been discussed, I think its an interesting question.

Some things to think about, Note: I'm Jewish and not Christian.

The Bnai Elohim do appear in Genesis and mate with humans. They also appear in Job in what is called the Adat'El, the Divine Assembly.

They may be related to the Elohim of Psalm 82. Jesus even quotes that Psalm in a manner implying your point.

The odd thing in Psalm 82 is that the Lord G-d threatens the Elohim, whom he calls the Sons of Elyon or Most High with Mortality. The hebrew word there is Temutun, or to make Mortal. The Lord then goes on to remind the Elohim that some of the Sarim were punished with mortality. The Sarim are National Princes, Ethnarchs like the Prince of Persia in Daniel and Michael the Prince of Judah.

There is a clue that there may be 70 Bnai Elohim or Bnai Elyon. The number of the nations was set by the number of these Sons . In Canaanite myth El has 70 sons. In Canaanite myth the pantheon is known as Elohim.

Even more wierd is that the Lord G-d alotted the other nations the Host of Heaven to follow, but Israel is his alone for he brought them out of Egypt. This is in Deuteronomy.

If these Bnai Elohim, Sarim, or Bnai Elyon, which are different groups of beings, are punished by being made Mortal or Incarnate. What does that say about Jesus?

Lastly I'll leave you with Genesis:

And the Lord G-d said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever." (Genesis 3:22)

[edit on 5/9/07 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
This message has been misunderstood and purposefully warped (note how the Catholic church was the government of Europe for hundreds of years) again and again. Son/Sons of God is referring to each and every human. That's right, you reading this are a son of God (regardless of gender). You can be empowered in the same way if you intend it.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Just my beliefs now....

It does not effect my faith in anyway to imagine there were other Sons of God.....

Although it apparently upsets certain Faiths to think that Jesus may have been married, like Valhall, I don't see the big deal...

My Belief is that Jesus was a True Son of God and God on this earth as well, and sent here to die for my sins so that my soul will live forever.

There being other "Sons" in no way effects this, neither does Jesus either being, or not being married..

It is really all about Faith anyway.

Semper

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I'd like to thank everyone for their contributions. I've been checking out the "Urantia" links as well as I plan to do alot more reading of the bible (I've honestly never read the entire thing). Some of the suggested books would seem to be Dueteronomy, Job and Psalms. One thing is for sure: It takes determination and investing a lot of time and brain power to really gain perspective on such concepts. I guess it would be different if it was something I personally found boring. But I find this really interesting and addicting to find out more and more about something I never knew anything about. I would like to thank you all for your perspectives, this really gives me alot to consider. And to MikeboydUS: You've really made me think. Thanks

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Although it apparently upsets certain Faiths to think that Jesus may have been married, like Valhall, I don't see the big deal...

I am with you guys on this Semper my friend. I am Catholic and i have no problem with him being married. Good for him. It doesn't change my beliefs!

My Belief is that Jesus was a True Son of God and God on this earth as well, and sent here to die for my sins so that my soul will live forever.

Absolutely! Though we are all children of God Jesus was the true SON of God born of human flesh so he could "die" for our sins.

There being other "Sons" in no way effects this, neither does Jesus either being, or not being married..

Agreed. It doesn't matter if he had 1000 other sons and daughters for that matter. The fact is Jesus is the one that was here to SAVE us by DYING for us.
It is really all about Faith anyway.

Yes, it is about faith. Can you imagine how puny we are against a "man" who could measure the universe in the palm of his hand - it would be foolish to judge him - and some do - i certainly don't have the guts to judge the creator of all. Like the saying goes, "he brought us into this world and he will take us out" LOL

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
just a thought....have you ever wondered if there ever really was a god?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Personally I couldn't care less if there is a god or not. It makes no difference, life goes on.

God is a flexible abstract concept that can be applied to anything.

Jesus on the other hand was a man, son of god or not he had some interesting things to say. I am also at a loss to understand the mystery that surrounds Jesus except to suggest that it was orchestrated by the Romans to detract from the real message of Jesus or at least mould that message to their advantage.

Jesus, a visionary, a human. Nothing more and nothing less. If the term "son of god" must be applied under this critera then there are indeed many "sons of god". Buddah would be another example.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
You might like to start checking out "Concordances" -- versions of the Bible that show the original writing and the "english-sounds" translation and the translation itself.

www.blueletterbible.org... is the best site for this. In checking the site, I found that the same word is used for one son (ben) as for many sons (ben) (press the letter 'c' to see a concordance on any verse.)

If there's a question, that's the source I always check first. My second source is usually the Vulgate (the letter v) because I can stumble though enough Latin to check the English translation.

The concordance is a valuable tool for anyone discussing the Bible, no matter what their faith is or their opinion is of the material in the Bible.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Reply to MoneyMike_Naked

"Yes" is the answer. In fact, i don't wonder, I believe there is God. I would rather believe and find out i was wrong than not believe and find out i was wrong

[edit on 7/9/2007 by shearder]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
You might like to start checking out "Concordances" -- versions of the Bible that show the original writing and the "english-sounds" translation and the translation itself.

www.blueletterbible.org... is the best site for this. In checking the site, I found that the same word is used for one son (ben) as for many sons (ben) (press the letter 'c' to see a concordance on any verse.)

Thanks for that link Byrd! I will certainly add that to the important favorite bookmarks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join