It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Experiences/GPS Location

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I spent much of my childhood exploring Dawson Forest on horseback. I have heard rumors of sealed off tunnels running through the mountains and have spoken with a local man who claims to have ridden his bike through the tunnels as a child sometime between when the facility was decommissioned and when it was sealed off. Many of the locals are aware of it but don't think its too out of the ordinary. I have also heard tails of Military Police officers showing up when people start poking around.

There is a strange facility that is remarkably easy to access. There are many concrete structures (appears to be some sort of loading dock etc) and a warehouse that is surrounded by two fences. I believe that this is one of the radioactive sites that were sealed off from the public mentioned at www.etowahscenicriver.org.... It is also located next to a lake which (if it had a nuclear reactor) would be necessary for cooling.

The GPS coordinates of the warehouse are 34°21'2.06"N 84° 8'50.71"W. Once you enter dawson national forest a road on the right leads you directly to it. The area is now used for parking horse trailers and access to trails. Next time I'm up there I will take a few pictures.

Does anyone know of any coordinates to other entrances? The flooded buildings sound very interesting. Once of the earlier posts mentioned diving in them. I'm an avid diver and would looovee to get a couple of my cave diving buddies to go explore and document them.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Could this happen to be in the same category as the Georgia Nuclear Testing Lab that was discussed here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It sounds very similar, but you mention Dawson Forest, and it seemed like the town of "DawsonVILLE" came up a lot in the previous discussion. So, I don't exactly know if they are one in the same.

However, it seems there is a lot of debate as to just how clean the area is. There were a couple posts in the posted discussion that point to the possibility of certain areas still being contaminated. I would definitely recommend visiting that thread as it has a lot of great info and stories.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Woops!! i meant to post a reply in this thread!:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

join