It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keith Olberman: Bush 'Lying about Iraq'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
An intense, chastising and hyper critical review of recent news and events regarding President Bush and the Iraq war.

The video speaks for itself, and warrants a post in this forum for discussion.

[edit on 5-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Wow that was rather venomous to say in the least. It looks like he is trying to one up Bill. I think and even the Democrats agree that a pullout needs to be gradual if our goals are to not have the country totally collapse once we leave. Having a presence there can mean having no ground troops, so to say we will keep a presence doesn’t mean for an indefinite period 200k troops will stay.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Wow.

Keith Olbermann: The new Bill O'Reilly. I know he makes fun of the man all of the time but they are just two sides of the same coin. Partisan.

I used to love Countdown. I found Keith Olbermann to be independent -minded, measured and funny. Now I find him to be shrill, snarky and holier-than-thou.

But, in this case I mostly agree with him. My husband will have a fit - he hates him.

I hope this makes people start talking about getting rid of Bush before he pushes us into more drama with Iran next.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
...if our goals are to not have the country totally collapse once we leave...

As opposed to the current state of the country?

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Blunt and straight forward.

Would you say that msnbc is the direct counterpart to Fox? It seems to have the same kind of colorful reporting, but unlike Fox I like it when Keith Olbermann pulls off a good one like here.

To be honest I was hoping that Bush would screw up the coherance between book statements and public statements. That could hopefully lead to a few more people opening their eyes.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
did this guy come up with this as the showed aired or did someone (he) write it down before hand. Either way, I didnt expect to see this on msnbc

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Keith Olberman writes his own special comments before the show. It's not a daily thing. He only does special comments when something really gets to him. Most of his special comments are about his opinions of patriotism, and most of them are aimed directly at George Bush. Consider it an editorial rant.

On a side note, I love Keith's special comments; and I'm glad they're infrequent.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It might be interesting to note that MSNBC has recently started to air a live version, not a re-broadcast, of Countdown on the regular NBC channel on Sunday nights. This special comment might be way too provocative for that audience. Granny and Paw Paw might fall out of their chairs!

It makes you wonder where MSNBC is going with this. Is it strictly a ratings grab since Countdown has been hitting the top of the Neilsons lately? Is it the new direction of MSNBC?

I also think that it is interesting that Countdown is categorized as a "News/Business" show on the t.v. info guide and not a "News/Commentary", "News/Editorial" or "News/Entertainment" show - which it so clearly is.

I am suspicious of all things media - even when I agree with it!

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I am no big fan of Mr. Olberman and I do not always agree with his view points in regards to politics. But I do applaud the man for standing up and saying what needed to be and should have been said a long time ago.

In my opinion his assesment of the presidents motives and the situation as a whole was spot on, truthful, and I feel like people need a good slap in the face sometimes to wake them up and show them the reality of a grave and desperate situation.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
...and I feel like people need a good slap in the face sometimes to wake them up and show them the reality of a grave and desperate situation.

Your point is well taken, on the other hand, all Olbermann's doing is feeding the divisiveness that's killing our country. God knows it's been said here at ATS millions of times, but it's "divide and conquer". How about an Olbermann rant on how we can start to get rid of blind partisanship. Bush is no better or worse than the next bozo that takes over, that's what people need to get through their thick skulls.

Hell, how about a rant on how Ron Paul is getting screwed over by the national media? You know, something that would really strike a chord.

Peace

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

I agree, the only way to finish waking up America is slapping the people with the truth, hard, dirty and hot.

And then hope that they will catch up eventually.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Your point is well taken, on the other hand, all Olbermann's doing is feeding the divisiveness that's killing our country. God knows it's been said here at ATS millions of times, but it's "divide and conquer". How about an Olbermann rant on how we can start to get rid of blind partisanship. Peace

So Dr. Love, should Olbermann shut up and let the likes of Rush, ORiley, Savage, Shawn, and countless others continue to "divide and conquer?"

God it must suck to be a Republican nowdays to see your hero's and their clay feet, hypocrisy, and perversion.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
God, I used to like MSNBC. They were objective and stayed away from the partisan sniping that you see on CNN & FNC. And I used to like Olbermann. He and Dan Patrick were great on ESPN. the guy was witty and sharp and I enjoyed his presentations.

However, I can't stand him doing this opinionated 'hard news' crap. He's as bad as O'Reilly.

You know, when I watch the news, I want the facts. I DON'T want some bozo's opinion. Present me the facts, all of them, and let me draw my own conclusions. These overly opinionated partisan slamfests STINK!

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
So Dr. Love, should Olbermann shut up and let the likes of Rush, ORiley, Savage, Shawn, and countless others continue to "divide and conquer?"

And you're right, but real change has to start somewhere. I'm not saying he should stop altogether, I just want him to be more tactical than the opposing side. He's sunk down to their level.

Peace

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

God it must suck to be a Republican nowdays to see your hero's and their clay feet, hypocrisy, and perversion.

Tell me about it, but remember we have to stay united and support the war and Cheney's twisted pursue of Iran.

Remember Fox news is the only reliable news

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Hell, how about a rant on how Ron Paul is getting screwed over by the national media? You know, something that would really strike a chord.

Amen to that. Ron Paul is getting railroaded on a national stage front and nobody seems to be noticing, or should I say the ones responsible are turning and looking the other way.

I will vote for Paul next year even if it is only a write in ballot, he has the lazy fat cats on both sides of the fence quaking in their boots. Suddenly the same old same old just isn't going to fly and these people are actually going to be held accountable and forced to produce for those big paychecks at the expense of the American tax payers.

The way the GOP and the media have treated Ron Paul has been an abomination and a slap in the face to the entire Democratic process.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Comparing Olberman to O'Reilly is just plain wrong. Olberman drew his conclusion from the facts. The facts are, in case you haven't read a news paper in the last 5 years, that this war is a failure.

It is a failure, not because our soldiers haven't done a fantastic job and followed every order given to them, this war is a failure because of the peple who have made the critical decisions that continue to place our troops in harms way.

Its:

The Body Armor

The ill Equiped humvees and ground assault vehicles

Its the lack of planning after shock and awe

It is the dismissal of generals who predicted this insurgency and then gave every bit of planning to prevent it.

Not preventing the looting and chaos that ensued after the invasion.

It is disgusting that this president can stand in front of the troops and say what he says.

Let us all remember that Bush is the commander in chief and he should be held accountable for these failures. He should be held accountable for the fact that nearly 4000 US troops are dead, countless Iraqis have met their peril and there doesn't seem to be any NEW plan aside from staying the course.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
He should be held accountable for the fact that nearly 4000 US troops are dead,

While I agree with you, less no forget that Bush publicly said that he will not hold anybody in his administration accountable for the mistakes made in Iraq.

So as you can see he has the power to pardon, use executive privileges and hide his administration under them.

He is untouchable, taking into consideration that congress are not doing anything to stop the corruption.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Marg, that is why a salute Olberman for doing this. It is about time we make Bush feel a little embarrassed.

I mean c'mon! The right constantly complains about the liberal media attacking Bush. They don't attack Bush! The media, like wild hounds, attack the "crap steaks" that the White House press people throw at them, and the media LAPS THEM UP.

This is so typical. It is the same story time and time again! Let's look at the Surge report that is due out:

The LIBERAL MEDIA exclaims that 11 of the 18 goals have not been met. The White House responds by questioning the validity and the goals themselves. Patreus will come in, say all is well and then the story passes. BUT THATS NOT IMPORTANT. While everyone is bickering about the 11 out of 18 goals failed, which no one really knows what those goals are, the real story is completely OVERLOOKED!

The real story there is that the goals that have not been met show no signs of improving and these goals continue cause strife in the region.

The goals that ARE being met only provide a short term fix to the problem to make "success" look achievable.

So in the case, the LIBERAL MEDIA actually serves the White House by keeping everyone focused on the mundane quible over the numbers of goals without actually examining what the goals mean. That, IMO, helps the White House more than ever!

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Olberman ...

The guy is a radical left wing nut. He found a niche and is milking it for ratings and for fame. He disgusts me. (not that he cares .. he's laughing all the way to the bank :shk: )

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join