It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ChemTrails - What are we to do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I'm not here to prove chem trails because I know they are real. In upstate new york I see them nearly every single day in full force parallel lines or X's across the sky, eventually transforming into a spread of chemicals..

However, what can we do about them? They drive me crazy because I know I am breathing something in! I get crazy allergic reactions every time they are out with scratchy throat and nasal problems. If it is the government then apparently I can't report them to anyone? I wrote the mayor and apparently he thinks I'm crazy and hasn't wrote me back. Any suggestions?!?!

I feel as though we have completely lost control of our own country.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The only thing you can do is to stop flying and encourage everyone else to do likewise.

What you call 'chemtrails' are becoming ever more common due to the huge upsurge in air travel over the past decade or so (and predictions are that the rise in air traffic will continue to spiral upwards).

Of course, if, on the other hand, you like hazy skies and love global warming, then fly away

Edit: and also remember that IF they really are spraying something then what you see prayed overhead will land somewhere over Europe, and the sprays that affect you were probably laid somewhere mid Pacific 6 days ago ......

[edit on 5-9-2007 by Essan]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
There seems to be little any one person can do.

Simplifying things by saying “stop flying” is unrealistic. Even if ‘you’ stop, others will still have perfectly valid and unrelated reasons to do so. This kind of reasoning, if exercised to the nth degree, could evolve into restricting our freedom of travel as a populous, leaving only federal or military people in the skies, which alleviates nothing.

One could make inquiries to various agencies involved in these operations, in an attempt to discover just what the composition of these trails are, providing one knew exactly who to ask this of, but this is probably as effective as making demands on the government for ET disclosure if there is a nefarious intent behind them.

So what’s left? I’m not sure, but simply eliminating flight from our society is not an acceptable answer. That’s kind of like cutting off your foot because you have a blister from walking.

Alternative energy sources that don’t pollute are a worthy alternative, but, again, that’s an uphill battle against those in power ... but one that might be the most effective solution, if not a costly one.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinFoilDerby

Simplifying things by saying “stop flying” is unrealistic.

I agree. But most 'chemtrails' are produced by commercial airliners.

Actually, there is research into ways of preventing 'chemtrails' from forming, including flying at a lower altitude. It may well be that over the next couple of decades we see a decline in their frequency, especially once it get through that carbon emissions aren't the only cause of climate change.

Of course, if you believe every cirrus cloud is a govt conspiracy out to get you, you have no chance

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Something should be done.
All you have to do is go outside and when the first plane goes over, you'll probably feel the splitting headache above your eyes and breathe the noticably powdery air.
I wrote our governor about two years ago asking why our area looked like L.A. and the E.P.A. says there's only two factories in our whole county, (not even taking into consideration air traffic.)
The Governor, Bless his heart gave my message to the department of natural resources, who wrote me to reassure that smog levels were lower than 1993 or so and plane emmissions were usually within permitted levels.
But at least I gave them something to think about concerning air traffic...
I live about 45 min. from Elberton, Ga. Home of those "guide"stones.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Oh! BTW, I was in Gwinnett county over the weekend and I saw this huge, sleek, all-white plane go over and it had two disc-shaped things under the fuselage.
It also had a yellow flag on one side of the tail.
It gave me a bad headache. What kind was it?

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
Something should be done.
All you have to do is go outside and when the first plane goes over, you'll probably feel the splitting headache above your eyes and breathe the noticably powdery air.

And you'll also so be amazed at how the substance appears to still be 6 miles above you, and yet also free falls straight down, ignoring 100kt winds en route, to land directly on your head

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

To be honest, the longest trail I have ever seen from a plane with any markings on it lasted about a minute and I knew that it was normal before it showed any sign of fading.

Does it really make any sense at all that contrail would persist this often?
Over my house, there are only persisting contrails once or twice a week but a few minutes away where my buddy lives, every single day. In that area, the sky's always white and I can always see from my house the white horizon if my sky is not white too.

What about a plane with a trail that fades away in a few seconds and a trail that persists for hours, from ONE plane?
Two planes flying from both ends of the sky towards each other, they pass right beside and a few seconds later, both trails stop, yet they are both still flying right beside a trail.

I don't think there is anything we can do about it and I don't think it will ever stop. If it does, will not everybody notice? Then they would have to start again to make it less obvious that something was going on.

EDIT: I have never really got a headache while looking at contrails...
Maybe slightly when they are near the sun. I don't think it would be possible to spray something that gives people headaches and have it not be a 24/7 one... and definitely not instantly.

[edit on 9/5/2007 by Bumr055]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bumr055

Originally posted by Essan

To be honest, the longest trail I have ever seen from a plane with any markings on it lasted about a minute and I knew that it was normal before it showed any sign of fading.

Yes precisely! When I say Chemtrails I don't mean the toxins produced by jet-fuel, that is for another forum! I mean the pesticide-like spray that covers the sky with the intention of spreading and/or inhalation! It is terrifying to witness!

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I think this is a very valid topic. In my own experience, I was driving home after work at midnight on a very clear night and a very bright moon. It was in Southern California in Rancho Santa Margarita which sits right below Saddleback mountain. While driving up the main street and looking out the window I could see a rather large "X" seemingly drawn in the sky. What made this unusual was the time of night, the altitude and no air traffic ever flies in that airspace. It could not have been more than a few thousand feet in the air. You could see where the aircraft had started the spraying as it was thick and wide at the beginning. At the other end it tailed off into a thin trail where it was shut off. The other leg was exactly the same but crossed over the other leg. I would estimate that each leg was about a quarter mile long.

When I got home I looked up and it was almost right above me. It was very white and very thick. I observed it for 45 minutes and it did not move or dissipate in any manner. When I came back out in the morning it had disappeared. I would be curious if anyone in that area had seen what I had. This occurred about 7 years ago and while that is a ways back, i'm sure if someone had seen this they would remenber it.

As I mentioned above, no aircraft ever fly right up against this mountain. What ever this was was done deliberately.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Out of sheer curiosity...

Can anyone provide solid
evidence of "chemtrails" ?

Not pictures of contrails.

Chemtrails.

Someone mentioned them
"falling" through wind.

Have any proof ?

What exactly is the supposed
purpose of these "chemtrails" ?