It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on Mar's video True/Fake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   

On May 8th, 2001, a press conference was held in New York City to announce the discovery of the possibility that an ancient civilization once existed on planet Mars.

The press conference featured Tom Van Flandern, a former Chief Astronomer for the United States Naval Observatory, Brian O'Leary, a former Apollo scientist-astronaut trained for America's first manned mission to Mars, and Michael C. Luckman, director of the New York Center for UFO Research.

They describe a new human-like face, strange tunnels, pyramids and signs of current vegetation on Mars from among the 65,000 released NASA/JPL photographs taken by the Mars Global Surveyor.

Source

Spotted this linked on another website and hadn't previously heard of it, does anyone know any more about this video/ heard anything since it was filmed?

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
May 8th of 2001?!?!?! That's nearly 7 years ago! How come this didn't spread across the world?

True/Fake? I have no idea! Ill post a response when I'm done with it!

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I have seen alot of this information before, and I believe it to be true. These are highly edjucated gentlemen with PH.D's in astronomy. Who else would I believe? not Nasa thats for sure!

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I just watched the video and yes this is real stuff. These men have PHd's and used to work at NASA.

All anyone has to do is watch the video with an open mind and look at the evidence they present. Shadows being casted on the ground from the trees growing on the surface of Mars.. I see it. Don't you?

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Here is the direct link to the video, I couldn't scale the video on the original site:

Google Video Link

There is also a link to some more information there: Info

Gonna watch it now

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
excellent, i'm going to watch the whole thing just now, but what i found very interesting is the guy at the begining say that gradually nasa will release more and more before they drop the final bombshell, images of trees and vegetation..

now if you click on this link here

xmb.stuffucanuse.com...

or even type in trees on mars there are loads of results and some very interesting pictures which have been discussed here before on ATS..

very interesting cannot beleive i have not seen this video mbefore or even heard of it great find!

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Mmmkay... some of the info in the biographies is wrong (Van Flandern was never the Chief Astronomer). They announced their ideas, but no one has found them overwhelmingly convincing.

Von Flandern is known for ideas that go against the mainstream, but are not well supported with other data:
metaresearch.org...

His meetings with the press about his ideas have not gone well:
www.virtuallystrange.net...

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Hmm,interesting video but:

I found the female face a little too good to be true,I mean how would a sculpture that size stand up to say 3 million years of exposure and still retain all that detail?
I think that the female face is either a manipulated image,or that its a case of us humans seeing a "face",because we are very good at that.
However,the original face and pyramids have always held my interest and the information about the face being on the old martian equator adds to my curiosity.
How do they know that this was the exact line of the previous equator?Is that an established fact?
Heres a little idea of mine to illustrate what may have happened if the face/pyramids are built,not natrural:
5 million years ago...
The martian humans highly advanced,realise that a cataclysmic event is about to occur,wiping them off the planet(possibly an asteroid shower,or the mega eruption of Olympus mons).
They have been observing a nearby planet which is similar but a lot smaller than there own,and they have been using vast resources and manpower to build ships capable of the journey.
At the same time they mobilize a gigantic army of builders who seek to leave signs,signs that they know will one day be visible from this smaller planet.
The rulers of Mars spend ages deciding what these signs should be,and finally decide upon a human face,as they realise that the planet they are headed to will soon be populated by their future generations,and will recognize the face as one of their own species.They decide to build it along the line of the equator,as an extra clue to its origin.
The building of the face was to be complimented with a series of super structures,the pyramids,in close proximity to the face.These pyramids were to hold masses of martian knowledge,technology and history so that one day the children of mars could find out about the sacrifices of our ancestors,and eventually reclaim the lost knowledge and history of our Martian brothers and sisters.
Anyway,they got the project finished just in time,and their fleet of ships containing approx 1% of the population (drawn from a martian hat at random,although a very large amount of the elite and ruling class mysteriously managed to get on the list)left the planet as it was enveloped by the noxious gasses associated with a mega eruption of olympus mons.Many centuries later,a gargantuan meteor storm battered one side of the planet,initiating a pole shift,changing the location of the equator.
By this time on Earth,those few Martians who survived the journey had been busy...very busy.
Treated like Gods by the local primitive ape like creatures,the Martians altered our DNA,and put us to work building Pyramids,Temples,Observatories.They taught us about the stars,and the planets in the hope that one day,when we have learned enough we may be able to follow in the footsteps of those Martians.
Today that day is near...

Or on the other hand of course,it could just be a pile of rocks..

SS out.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Hmm,interesting video but:

I found the female face a little too good to be true,I mean how would a sculpture that size stand up to say 3 million years of exposure and still retain all that detail?
I think that the female face is either a manipulated image,or that its a case of us humans seeing a "face",because we are very good at that.
However,the original face and pyramids have always held my interest and the information about the face being on the old martian equator adds to my curiosity.
How do they know that this was the exact line of the previous equator?Is that an established fact?
Heres a little idea of mine to illustrate what may have happened if the face/pyramids are built,not natrural:
5 million years ago...
The martian humans highly advanced,realise that a cataclysmic event is about to occur,wiping them off the planet(possibly an asteroid shower,or the mega eruption of Olympus mons).
They have been observing a nearby planet which is similar but a lot smaller than there own,and they have been using vast resources and manpower to build ships capable of the journey.
At the same time they mobilize a gigantic army of builders who seek to leave signs,signs that they know will one day be visible from this smaller planet.
The rulers of Mars spend ages deciding what these signs should be,and finally decide upon a human face,as they realise that the planet they are headed to will soon be populated by their future generations,and will recognize the face as one of their own species.They decide to build it along the line of the equator,as an extra clue to its origin.
The building of the face was to be complimented with a series of super structures,the pyramids,in close proximity to the face.These pyramids were to hold masses of martian knowledge,technology and history so that one day the children of mars could find out about the sacrifices of our ancestors,and eventually reclaim the lost knowledge and history of our Martian brothers and sisters.
Anyway,they got the project finished just in time,and their fleet of ships containing approx 1% of the population (drawn from a martian hat at random,although a very large amount of the elite and ruling class mysteriously managed to get on the list)left the planet as it was enveloped by the noxious gasses associated with a mega eruption of olympus mons.Many centuries later,a gargantuan meteor storm battered one side of the planet,initiating a pole shift,changing the location of the equator.
By this time on Earth,those few Martians who survived the journey had been busy...very busy.
Treated like Gods by the local primitive ape like creatures,the Martians altered our DNA,and put us to work building Pyramids,Temples,Observatories.They taught us about the stars,and the planets in the hope that one day,when we have learned enough we may be able to follow in the footsteps of those Martians.
Today that day is near...

Or on the other hand of course,it could just be a pile of rocks..

SS out.

Best thing I'll read ALL day. Thanks SS.
-MM

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Hey thanks MM,thats good to hear.

Thing is although its speculation-I believe that such a scenario may well have taken place,and as we know history repeats so maybe one day we will have to do something similar.
Maybe the sun will heat up and we would HAVE to return to the source-Mars.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
it was not taken seriously because the authors of the video seem to ignore the latest evidence of the time they are talking about pictures from 1976

these are the latest face on mars images .. (yeah yeah i know NASA have been busy with the airbrush

here is the latest 3d representation of face on mars..

its a ...hill...

here are the glass tubes from another angle

the look very sand duneish to me..

However there are other heavily debated anomolies on mars that defy natural creation .. if there did used to be life it is long long gone.

[edit on 14/9/07 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Thanks for linking to my site, solidshot,

I'll try to contribute as much as I can to this site. I'd also like to Link to ATS from my site and have emailed the owners here.

I'll read through this thread tomorrow to see what data I can provide.

Woops,

Guess I need a certain rank to post links and add a signature. This could be tough to begin with. I have "video of the week" threads at MUFON and BlackVault dot com, so hopefully I can do the same here. I have over 2000 videos archived for us.

I am mrgray at those sites, but that was used here already.

[edit on 1-10-2007 by ufodbase]

[edit on 1-10-2007 by ufodbase]

top topics

join