It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making a hot dog dissapear using microwaves

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Hmm. Looks like everyone's going to have to start taking this thread seriously...

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
What's next for me? well, I turned in my report to my Art teacher. In it, I recreate the experiment using black and white photographs. As of now, this stuff is considered to be ART because I can't prove anything. So I took advantage of the project and made it out to be an "ART project". But from the response that i've seen and the interest, rest assured I will be making a short video with real live demostrations and perhaps even more wild ideas for the experiment. I'm thinking before the end of the year and maybe someone will help me and send it to YouTube for me.

Nice one Jed

Call it "Transition Dog" and enter it for the Turner Prize in the UK.

Guaranteed winner - in the past a woman won it with an unmade bed, and before that a guy won it by cutting a sheep in half and suspending the carcass in a clear perspex box full of formaldahyde. - its worth $20k to you if you win it

More science like this please

[edit on 7/0907/07 by neformore]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

ROFLMAO

Now that, in some very dark times right now, is just about perfect

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by khunmoon

yea i just need to lightin up a little i do agree this is a funny post and i did get a laugh but i thought he was being serious saying his hotdog went to another demension and i just that was a little out there but yea and for the rules and all that i do understand there has to be some rules but i guess i was just really mad about how some peoples posts were deleted for seriously no reason just because i guess the mod didnt agree with what they were saying and not to mention the guy who complimented a lady on her looks from her avatar. they deleted his post for being nice to this person that really set me off. maybe the mod who deleted this guys post has a secret crush on this women and doesnt want people complimenting her haha i have no idea but thats what set me off. you should delete a post when you should delete a post everyone has common sense and knows when something should be talkin off here they shouldnt take posts off here because they disagree with what someone is saying or just didnt like the post

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by xHADEEZx

Well, anything you feel wrong (or against the T&C) you can bring to the staff through the complain button in membercenter.

[Off topic]
If you feel it is of general interest to members, make a thread in the BB & Question forum. But you'll have to bring it in general terms, because name calling is not allowed ...and that's one of the things they can be pretty itchy about.
-----------

On topic, I suggests next time Jedimiller conducts his experiment, soak it in a solution of some nano robots, to make sure the molecules are disasembled so they can transpose and not are stuck getting charred.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I have a feeling that if the OP keeps playing with microwaves like that, he just might end up winning a major award:

Darwin Awards

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I saw the hot dog misplace itself inside the microwave. As if moving between spaces, of course I saw this thru the small window and I couldn't really see very well inside.

you probily saw the sausage 'bend through time' because you had been staring into a microwave for half an hour, you probaly fried your eyeballs

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Must have a goverment job!!

But this whole thread keeps reminding me of the movie Gremlins when one got cooked in the microwave.....splat!!

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

Incredible Akuma..Simply Incredible. There is no doubt this is the real thing and not some CGI fabrication . Finally all the skeptics will be silenced and that, in fact, the ETS bear us no ill will, but in fact have come to provide humanity a cornucopia of plenty and end world starvation. . I do find it strange that by the color chromatic screen filter the ETS don't use "Greys" Pupon mustard

SyS

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   
ROFL... i dont think microwaves can open a hole in space and teleport ur hot dog.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trauma
This is just a stupid prank to get people to put hot dogs in the microwave and burn them badly. Nothing happens the hot dog just smokes and smells very bad. Honestly this wasn't even that funny.

Oh, Trauma, Trauma, Trauma
Haven’t you learned anything about ‘Viral Marketing’ during the last few months here?
Here we have ‘hot dogs’ – ‘microwave ovens’ – ‘cell phones’ and all in one thread, how good is that?
Oh! and I almost forgot – humour (yes, the Canadian, English, Australian, New Zealand way of spelling it!)
A sense of humour sets us apart from the greys of this world!

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
You probably have the local FD breaking down your door looking for
the source of all the smoke! Seen it happen number of times (belong
to a FD) - have an apartment complex in town. Used to have some
real losers, come home drunk/high about 1am and decide to fix something
to eat. Toss it in microwave and forget about it or pass out. About 15
min later we show up looking for the fire. Vent out the apartment, take
down info and leave. Apartment manager decided to remove these
yo-yo's before burned place down....

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Jedi, I commend your research into the experimental inter-dimensional translocation of savouries

If I may make a suggestion to aid your research...What seems to be missing is the addition of a beer-based flux to initiate the temporal dislocation of the hotdog protein-particulate before the introduction of microwaves.

Taking Stella's 3rd Law of Alcohol (often known as the 'Pub Paradox') into consideration, which states that as the ratio of alcohol-to-mass factor increases past a given level, the strong-lager forces are able to induce a time dilation effect on the test-subject. These lager-forces can be experienced at even a mild level when the test subject enters a bar during daylight hours, and upon the consumption of 2-3 pints and leaving said establishment, finds that it is now dark (and there are no more busses running).

Should the subject continue to consume more than the critical 6pint figure, the subject not only is able to be totally disassociated with the current timeline, but that it now starts to run backwards from this point on. (This is why, to the test-subject, older women start to look gradually younger and more appealing.) Continued consumption beyond this point causes the subject to periodically slip out of the current timeline all together and able to travel backwards in time, hence while the subject has actually only told a particular anecdote once, to onlookers he appears to have been continually repeating himself.

So using Stella's Theorem, it should be possible to dislocate the hotdog from the laboratories current-timeline, introduce a focussed microwave beam and project its particulate-sequence to the telephonic receptor where its molecular-matrix will be coded into an 11-digit number and ready to be dialled-out via telephone-facsimilie to an identical microwave-oven configured to the same arrangement as the sending machine

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Hello everyone. Here are the photographs I promised.

1.Placing the Hot Dog in the microwave.
QuickImageHosting.com...

2. 36 minutes on the timer.
QuickImageHosting.com...

3. Hot Dog, Before it enters the teleportation stage.
QuickImageHosting.com...

4. Entering the teleportation stage. Hot Dog dissapearing.
QuickImageHosting.com...

5. SUCESS! HOT DOG now enters landline and travels to another location. It's GONE!
QuickImageHosting.com...

6. Hot Dog has traveled thru time and space and sits on a payphone on the next room.
QuickImageHosting.com...

If this insn't proof. I don't know what is.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
jedimiller -- congrats on perfecting your technique

waiting anxiously for the video.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by AkumaStreak]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Actually on a little more scientific note (note by much) I put caduceus coils in a microwave to see if it would have a gravimetric effect, I WAS able to make some form of wave (although I don't know what) easily penetrate the walls of the microwave (should be electromagnetically shielded)

What is a caduceus coil :

www.home.no...

I made mine out of 14 awg house wire wrapped around an assortment of things.

Supposedly they make a special wave that is orders of magnitude faster than c, and perfectly in the direction of the caduceus coil...

JLN Labs at : jnaudin.free.fr...

Looks at that kinda stuff all the time.. they redo Cold Fusion Replication experiments and showcase others successfully attempt at it all over the place..

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Well, the thread got moved to a prank and jokes area of the boards..I'm fine with that, I never said it actually happened did I? It was more of an "Artistic experiment" like i've said numerous times. the moderators had to move it here I guess because other users complained. but i'm glad it was seen as a joke because It made me laugh and I really needed that right now. I hope you all enjoyed the pictures and had fun here.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I hope you all enjoyed the pictures and had fun here.

I have to honestly say that I truly found this entire thread to be a riot. I laughed my buns off at some of the replies and, to be frank, I even found the "experiment" to be most creative. A potential Nobel Prize wiener for science no doubt.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
lol, that flying hot dog image is great! I'd have to print that out. on the conspiracy turn.

1. I do not work for oscar meyer: So i'm not trying to sell more hot dogs. but if I did, I guess that's a good thing.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Check the inside top of your microwave, as there may be gooey dripping stains. If the hotdog was going to teleport it would appear in someone's hotdog bun across the galaxy!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join