It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged Chupacabra corpse found in Texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Alleged Chupacabra corpse found in Texas

news.mongabay.com

An alleged chupacabra carcass found in Texas is likely a hoax to sell T-shirts say dog experts.

The animal, described in an Associated Press report last week as "a cross between two or three different things", was found as road kill last month near the Texas town of Cuero. The woman who discovered the carcass has been using it to market chupacabra T-shirts.

In lively Internet discussions dog breeders say the carcass appears to be that of a Xoloitzcuintle or Xolo, otherwise known as a Mexican Hairless dog, rather than the blood-sucking creature of legend.

"The overwhelming consensus on the Xolo discussion list -- which includes several hundred people -- is that this animal is a Xolo," said a top dog breeder who declined to be identified. "The dog looks like it has Xolo genetics. This is not a chupacabra -- that's absurd."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Mexican goat-sucker or Xolo breed dog. Personally if somebody had told me they had a Xolo dog I would be more inclined to believe they were crazy than if they claimed to have a Chupacabra, having never heard of the Xolo before I would assume it was another Southern American mythical beast.

Reguardless of that here is the story and some pics, have fun making up your own mind, I have no idea what a Chupacabra is supposed to look like myself...

news.mongabay.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Existing discussion here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please contribute to the existing discussion.

Thread closed.

new topics

join