It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those dirty TERRORISTS and EVIL arabs.....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
If Canada, Mexico or even Cuba were invaded by an enemy of ours that is not above invading us next, would we, as a nation, go to our neighbor's aid?

In going to their aid, would we then be terrorists?

Maybe it's just me, but I have this whole problem with viewing those of arabic decent and followers of the religion of islam as people too. Perhaps I'm wrong in the assumption that those "evil" arabs deserve what they have coming for not letting us march into their countries and take them over without a fight.

Following the logic of what a terrorist is these days, I would think you would have to classify us as terrorists in every war we have ever been in as a country.

Aside from Pearl Harbor (which I fully believe was instigated by our government and allowed to happen) and 9/11 (which was carried out by our government) at what time have we been attacked and threatened by a nation as a premise to us going to war with and invading them?

The only time that I seem to recall in recent history would have been during the Cuban missle crisis and I don't recall us invading Russia over that....yet Russia could very well have been a true threat to our homeland.

How is defending one's homeland an act of terror? Wouldn't the title of "terrorist" be more accurately used to identify the INVADING force?

At what point in history did the great and powerful "god" hand down the title of "Earth's Police Force" to the United States?

Wouldn't the true terrorist be the aggressor that attacks the smaller and weaker foe?

If "guerilla" tactics are the BEST and MOST EFFECTIVE means available to you to counter an attacking force, are you a "terrorist" for using those guerilla tactics or simply a weaker foe using the best defense/offense tactics available to you?

Iran KNOWS they are on our hitlist because they are on Israel's hitlist. How are they terrorists for trying to defend themselves?

If Iran, knowing that Israel is out to obliterate them with the help of the United States, turns Israel to glass tomorrow are they using any worse reasons/logic than we use when we attack/invade/destroy Iraq under the pretense of our national security? Is Israel not a more imminent threat to Iran than Iraq was to the United States? Israel has enough nukes to forever wipe Iran off the face of the Earth and they are itching for the chance to do so. With this being the knowledge/belief of Iran, how are they wrong if they launch a preemptive strike against Israel? Does employing the philosophy of "the best defense is a good offense" make one a terrorist? It certainly doesn't seem to make the United States a "terrorist" nation as they have employed it extensively through out the years.

It seems to me that any nation that does not live under the umbrella of United States/Israel Incorporated has become known as a "terrorist" nation How is this so? Are there not perfectly innocent and family oriented civilians in Iraq killed on a daily basis as a result of our invasion? Has Israel not actively pursued the genocide of the Palestinian people? Have the leaders of Israel not made comments that the Palestinian people were worthless and should be wiped from the Earth?

Why has the word "terrorist" become synonymous with the words "islamic" and "arab"?

Don't get me wrong, I am in no way a fan of Iran and it's leadership. I was not a fan of Saddam Hussein and personally think the world is better off without him. However, couldn't the same be said for Israel's government? The United States government? In what way have our military actions not been terroristic?

Until the day that we (the United States) cease trying to be the planet's police force and until the day we cease to be Israels attack dog, we are no better than the "terrorists" that we claim to be waging war on.

As was so well stated in the thread "Isolationism is America's Answer" we need to pull our forces from around the globe and bring them home.

The only moral thing that we can do as a country is to pull our forces from EVERYWHERE around the globe and put all of our efforts to a true national "DEFENSE". The United States could easily be a self sufficient nation and with even 1/10th of the home defense our military would be capable of, we would be UNTOUCHABLE. We have no moral right to continue as the police force or the world. We also have no rights forcing democracy on ANY country when our own democracy is questionable at best. Trade/travel excluded, we need to shut the United States down to those that flood in by the hundreds of thousands and become the isolationist nation. The world already views us as a pariah, so, I say let them live without us. Let China sell their goods to their own people. Let the arab nations keep their oil (we have enough here if we'd quit selling it to the rest of the world). I fully believe America would have an excellent opportunity to become a "Utopia" if we were to shut ourselves down to the rest of the world and get our nose out of the rest of the world's business at the same time.

There is absolutely NO reason the United States couldn't be entirely self sufficient. We have plenty of people here who are out of work/home that would benefit from the manufacturing jobs that such a shut down would create out of necessity.

I say to hell with the rest of the world. They don't want us (and it's not hard to imagine why with the government/policies we have had over the last several decades) until it comes to our money. I say "if you don't need us, you don't need our money either."

Just think of what this nation could be with the right leadership and if we left the rest of the world alone and made damn certain they would leave us alone as well.

Every great empire has fallen under it's own weight and ego, so I say oust the bastards that want to make a global empire and let's just be America.

That's plenty good enough for me.

Jasn

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I completely disagree with everything you've said.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Good post and clear thinking.

The terrorist label is applied to anyone that stands in the way of corporate and political goals to demonise an enemy who, in other conflicts, would be looked upon as freedom fighters. By current standards, the french resistance in WWII would also have to be classified as terrorists and insurgents in their fight against an invading and occupying force.
It helps to have a compliant corporate media willing to publish political propaganda without question - whatever happened to investigative journalism?

I and many others have been branded "anti America" so many times it just has no impact any more. This is something so many people use to stifle debate and questioning of their leadership decisions, which of course is also viewed as un-American and unpatriotic when US citizens speak out. It's the old "with us or against us" viewpoint, as if free thought and speech no longer matter. I hear people say they support their government, right or wrong, and I can't help thinking how very narrow minded and dangerous an attitude this is. I criticise my own government all the time and, although I'm no flag waving patriot, I love my country and it pains me to see what politicians have done to it over the last few decades. The sooner people everywhere realise that these idiots do NOT represent the citizens, the sooner things might change, but the citizens are too comfortable and dumbed down to even spend the time to scrutinise the crap they are fed by the leadership and the press.

Ho hum...morning rant over... need more coffee

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
I completely disagree with everything you've said.

I'm okay with that. Unlike some around here, I don't mind anyone disagreeing with me. I would, however, enjoy you telling me why you disagree.

Everyone's wrong from time to time, perhaps you can enlighten me to the error of my ways/beliefs.

Jasn

EDIT: I apologize, I just saw your "Israel I stand tall with you." banner sig. I suppose that explains why you disagree with me. Though, I would still be interested in you explaining your disagreement.

Also, as a note, I'd rather stand proud than tall.

[edit on 5-9-2007 by SimiusDei]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Thank you.

Also, I have always been under the oppression that supporting your government and supporting your country were two different things. I was also under the impression that we were to support our government when doing what we elected them to do and put them out on their asses when they abused their power.

Unfortunately, too many people get their idea of being a good American from CNN and Fox.

Where was Global Police Force in our Constitution again?

Jasn

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei

Why has the word "terrorist" become synonymous with the words "islamic" and "arab"?

It's called conditioning. It works with animals like cats and dogs. More so with dogs. People can be dogs, too.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma

It's called conditioning. It works with animals like cats and dogs. More so with dogs. People can be dogs, too.

Thank you. That is exactly the response I was looking for, and the correct one. It is nothing more than conditioning and just goes to show how sad the human race can be at times.

Jasn

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I notice that your location lists you as living in the U.S. Since you are so supportive of the "freedom fighters" of the Middle East, put your money where your mouth is and move there. I think you'll find that they don't welcome your support. Unfortunately, you'll discover this right around the time you are being beheaded by them. Have a great day.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I'm right with you Simius. One of the things I really like about Ron Paul is the idea that we just mind our own damn business, look out for ourselves, and stop deploying our military around the world. Of course globalists, Israeli-firsters and assorted Neocons think that's a horrible idea. Well I'm fed up with their rotten policies and our guys getting killed because of them.

As far as Iraq, I have considered the Iraqi guerrillas to be freedom fighters since March 2003. It's funny, isn't it, how we seem to be the only country with the moral justification to go around attacking and and destroying other countries. Anyone else, in fact those who defend their own country, on their own land, are called terrorists. What hypocrisy. No wonder the whole world despises us now.

Thanks W. No one could have so thoroughly screwed things up as you.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain
I notice that your location lists you as living in the U.S. Since you are so supportive of the "freedom fighters" of the Middle East, put your money where your mouth is and move there. I think you'll find that they don't welcome your support. Unfortunately, you'll discover this right around the time you are being beheaded by them. Have a great day.

I love these simple minded comments. Please direct me to where I made the "I hate America and love Iran" comment.

Actually, I think it would be a much better idea to banish the war mongers in our government to Israel and let them aid Israel till their heart is content.

Once again, supporting your country and supporting your government are two totally different things.

I absolutely LOVE my country. I would gladly fight and die for this country if it were under a true threat. However, I have that little common sense gene that tells me that I have more to worry about from George Bush and Co. than I do from Iran or any Islamic fundamentalist.

As I said, I'm 110% for defending the country. Hence my belief that we should isolate ourselves and dedicate ourselves to DEFENSE instead of policing the world. Going out and making enemies hand over fist isn't exactly the best means of protecting protecting ourselves.

Jasn

EDIT: UFO, I don't know if I told you or not, but I rented the movie.....AWESOME as you said it was. The Sutherland Screech (as I have come to call it) was GREAT!

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain

Now how is that for conditioning and a "with us or against us" mindset?
So much for free speech

Of course, one could turn this around and ask the poster of the above why, if they support war so much, are they not out there on the front lines

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
"I love these simple minded comments. Please direct me to where I made the "I hate America and love Iran" comment."

Please direct ME to where "I" said that you hate America and love Iran........

Simple minded comments indeed......

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I think he is one of the ones that falls under the "ignorance is bliss" category.

And I'm still waiting on him to tell me where I said I supported Iran. I'm pretty sure that I even made the statement that I was a fan of Iran or Iraq. But hey, we can't all be bothered to actually READ around here can we?

Jasn

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Zenagain

"I notice that your location lists you as living in the U.S. Since you are so supportive of the "freedom fighters" of the Middle East, put your money where your mouth is and move there. I think you'll find that they don't welcome your support. Unfortunately, you'll discover this right around the time you are being beheaded by them. Have a great day. "

Since you didnt direct this at anyone and since I am the OP. I naturally assumed that it was directed at me. However, if this is not the case, perhaps you could specify next time.

Either way, your post was ignorant. There is a huge difference between not agreeing with America policing the world and being the next in line to sign up for the Iranian military.

The "if you're not with us, your against us" philosophy is disgusting and, sorry to say, STUPID.

I swear, from some of the responses you guys make at times, you'd think that he was King Bush and you were his loyal servants. Did everyone forget that this was OUR country and not the GOVERNMENT'S country?

jasn

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

Some people don't want to complicate their lives. Seeing the world in terms of black and white makes things simple. But the world isn't simply black and white. Hell, even my monitor displays 3 million colours.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
In the comment I made in reference to America's Isolationism, I was speaking of this thread....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was started by speakeroftruth. Couldn't remember who exactly started it when I was writing this post and I wanted to give him his proper credit.

Jasn

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
reply to post by SimiusDei

Some people don't want to complicate their lives. Seeing the world in terms of black and white makes things simple. But the world isn't simply black and white. Hell, even my monitor displays 3 million colours.

Agreed.

I think it really all boils down to apathy. Some people in this country just don't seem like they will care until they are in they have personally been effected by the mess our global policing has become. Unfortunately, by that time it'll be too late to start caring.

Jasn

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei

"I notice that your location lists you as living in the U.S. Since you are so supportive of the "freedom fighters" of the Middle East, put your money where your mouth is and move there. I think you'll find that they don't welcome your support. Unfortunately, you'll discover this right around the time you are being beheaded by them. Have a great day. "

Since you didnt direct this at anyone and since I am the OP. I naturally assumed that it was directed at me. However, if this is not the case, perhaps you could specify next time.

Either way, your post was ignorant. There is a huge difference between not agreeing with America policing the world and being the next in line to sign up for the Iranian military.

The "if you're not with us, your against us" philosophy is disgusting and, sorry to say, STUPID.

I swear, from some of the responses you guys make at times, you'd think that he was King Bush and you were his loyal servants. Did everyone forget that this was OUR country and not the GOVERNMENT'S country?

jasn

LOL I think your comments are good fun man. I personally think that George W Bush is the biggest moron to ever disgrace the presidency of the U.S. and that his administrations policies have set back American diplomacy by perhaps a hundred years. I'm a liberal Democrat man! lol I will never be one of the people who ignorantly equates 9/11 with anything that Iraq has ever done or stood for.....BUT, all bad reasoning for the invasion of Iraq aside, our military is NOW fighting both Al Qaida in Iraq and various other forces of radical Islam who would otherwise be plotting attacks in the U.S., Britain, and other western nations. They aren't there to "fight for the freedom" of their Muslim brothers! They are there because it's a lot easier to set up roadside bombs to kill American soldiers than it is to plot actual attacks inside the continental U.S. In closing, Reasons for invading Iraq? Crap Reasons for STAYING in Iraq? Quite valid.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Take some time and take a look at this video.. We are fighting who? Al Qaida ? Or a boogieman? You decide.. I happen to agree with this video.

Not to put this thread off track, I thought it would serve as a good point to see the other side..
And no, I dont hate our troops..

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   

So you are saying that attacking our troops in Iraq is much easier for them than attempting to attack them and us here? Am I correct in that assumption?

If so, that's pretty much exactly what I'm saying. Though I disagree that it's a valid reason for staying in Iraq (if that's what you were saying, I am tired and may have misread, if so feel free to correct me).

Let me state that I in NO WAY agree with our troops being killed over there by the insurgents. However, I place the blame on the United States government (who PUT them there) and NOT solely on the arabs. I am of the opinion that we should have never been there in the first place and we most certainly shouldn't be there now.

Pull those troops home and make it next to IMPOSSIBLE for them to attack us here. However, if they DO attack us, unleash the fury on them and do it RIGHT. Solid air attacks and get the retribution there in a very very very efficient way. No sense in fighting the battle with sticks and stones when you have highly advanced bomber aircraft.

I am in no way opposed to national defense and retaliation. However, I am VERY against war for profit and imperialism.

I am more for a policy of "don't SNIP with us and we won't SNIP with you...but if you DO SNIP with us we are going to make you think you were SNIP by a train".

National defense is a very good idea, war for profit and globalism under the guise of national defense is tyranny.

Jasn

Edit: I'm sure a good majority of the King's loyal servants hated him, however they still followed him and did his bidding because they had no other choice or will to change things. That was the point I was making, not that you love Bush.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5-9-2007 by Crakeur]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join