It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Vote For Bush IF.......

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Seeing as there is discussion about releasing WMD findings ant the such prior to election for brownie points, I propose this question.

Would you vote for Bush if he would release ALL info regarding UFO's and ET's? I'm talking about any and all info(not just some political lie).

Or, would it kill the dream of everybody that is seeking the TRUTH. By that I mean, We all are searching for the Truth about Roswell, MJ-12, Area 51, etc.., but I think the Mystique of it all would disappear. I want to know the Truth just as much as anyone, but, would it be a let down? I am absolutely torn on this question. I would probably lean toward yes, because after all, we are seeking the TRUTH, and anything just short of that would be a failure for the question we all have been asking and wondering.

I know it is human nature to want more. Even if we are at the point were it seems the issue has been drained, someone will come along with something that will spark the issue again. I don't think there is 100% closure to anything in the world, not even death. Things will always be questioned, even when all answers seem to have been given. I know for myself, I am never truly satisfied with one answer, I need to seek more, I want as much knowledge as I possibly can endure, even if it means pushing the envolope to a point were I might go insane over the subject(if that makes any sense)

[Edited on 18-1-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I still don't think they'd tell us the "real" truth.

Maybe the things they know we know about, if that.

and NO, I would never vote for that scumball.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
OK in this little dream world of mine, NO TRICKS, NO BS, everything de-classified. 150% truth

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
150% truth... 200% truth... doesn't matter...
the paranoid will always suspect a hidden conspiracy even when all is revealed...

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl
the paranoid will always suspect a hidden conspiracy even when all is revealed...

Hey! Leave the paranoid people alone! They aren't harming anyone! They just think everyone else is harming them, when they aren't looking.

Ah but seriously...

There is no such thing as 100% truth. You can reveal all you KNOW, but there will always be someone who knows more, and there will be more to find. So the paranoid will be justified in not accepting it as all truth and suspecting that there is more to this (even if the person who revealed the truth doesn't know what else might be there! So no blame on the messanger..).

However, with the track record of governments and those in power, anyone is justified if they don't believe a single word the elite utter.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   

So is it pointless to seek out the truth? I mean all the posts on this site and sites round the world questioning, commenting, theorizing, conspiring, is it just all fun , a waste of time, or something worth while to humanity? IN your opinion...

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam

Hey! Leave the paranoid people alone! They aren't harming anyone! They just think everyone else is harming them, when they aren't looking.

Ah but seriously...

There is no such thing as 100% truth. You can reveal all you KNOW, but there will always be someone who knows more, and there will be more to find. So the paranoid will be justified in not accepting it as all truth and suspecting that there is more to this (even if the person who revealed the truth doesn't know what else might be there! So no blame on the messanger..).

However, with the track record of governments and those in power, anyone is justified if they don't believe a single word the elite utter.

AGAIN HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING IN MY LITTLE DREAM WORLD
Everthing, you could even interview an ALIEN...

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
What IS worthwhile to do? What can you do that truly really has a reason and purpose? The only thing I can come up with is seeking truth. Everything else is a distraction/past time/just for fun.

Your mind inveriably receives information. There will be 2 kinds of info: Truth and NOT truth. If you don't seek truth, you automatically submit to NOT truth, or lies. Therefore, the only thing worthwhile doing is to filter out the lies and locate truth. Well it is absolutely anyone's choice, but I choose truth, and that is my humble opinion.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This would mean that hypothetically speaking, in your little Dream World, the government knows ALL the secrets of the universe and the reason for EVERY possible action anywhere in the entire existance of everything. If they don't know at least ONE thing but tell you EVERYTHING ELSE, it's already not 100% truth, as that one thing they left out might be very very imortant.

So all I'm saying is, even if the governments reveal 100% of what they know (let's face it, they can't give 150%.. unless you want your world to be illogical also), it is still NOT going to be the WHOLE story, and there is A LOT more to this than the government KNOWS.

Unless, as I stated already, in your world the government knows absolutely EVERYTHING there is to know. Which is = infinity. There is no LIMIT on knowledge. So the search for truth never seems to end...

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
if the truth were to be let out, it wouldnt be, there is always something to hide. i think that if the truth were let out however i dont think it would kill these dreams that the paranoids have. i think it would bring it to a different level. right now everything is just speculation and guess work based on little to no facts. if we had something to go on we could really start exploring fact and really progress on a larger scale. rather than discuss what we think aliens eat or do for fun, there could be real discussions.
as to is this all in fun trying to theorize and question, i think a its made up of different things for diff people. its kind of all speculation diff for each person. i know that for myself i like having the knowledge or insight i get from these discussions. i like free thinking. even if it is all untruths its still much more fun to think that there is always something going on. there is a lot more i actually get from this stuff its just hard to put it into words. is it good for humanity? who knows. the way most people here think really isnt the socially acceptable way to think so the voices of the paranoid are usually dismissed as just crazy talk. although from experience i know that i know a lot more than the average person about sertain subjects yet when i try to make my point clear to them i am just dismissed as crazy. but like i said its diff for each person. seeking the truth is never a waste of time if you plan on using that truth to benefit either yourself or others.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
This would mean that hypothetically speaking, in your little Dream World, the government knows ALL the secrets of the universe and the reason for EVERY possible action anywhere in the entire existance of everything. If they don't know at least ONE thing but tell you EVERYTHING ELSE, it's already not 100% truth, as that one thing they left out might be very very imortant.

This is getting more philosophical then I expected(Which is a good thing)
There is no possible way of learning everything, or knowing everything since the world keeps spinning. New information comes out every second, so I totally agree with you on that point. But would you want to know at least what they know? Do aliens exist, have we been visited, have there been abductions, did roswell happen and so on. I personally belive these things happened, but in no way has the United States come out publicly and said Yes there are Aliens, Yadda yadda.

The question is would you deal with 4 more years of crap to have the question answered?
So all I'm saying is, even if the governments reveal 100% of what they know (let's face it, they can't give 150%.. unless you want your world to be illogical also), it is still NOT going to be the WHOLE story, and there is A LOT more to this than the government KNOWS.

Unless, as I stated already, in your world the government knows absolutely EVERYTHING there is to know. Which is = infinity. There is no LIMIT on knowledge. So the search for truth never seems to end...

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'd rather try to discover "the truth" on my own than just have the president tell the me, otherwise the dream is lost.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
So is it pointless to seek out the truth? I mean all the posts on this site and sites round the world questioning, commenting, theorizing, conspiring, is it just all fun , a waste of time, or something worth while to humanity? IN your opinion...

LOL! talk about paranoid... you read a lot more into my statement than I said.
I simply stated the obvious - and you proved my point.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I don't care...I'd vote for Bush no matter waht he did, since he is the only Republician cadidate of course.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   

LOL! talk about paranoid... you read a lot more into my statement than I said.
I simply stated the obvious - and you proved my point.

How am I being paranoid asking you to explain yourself.
This whole thing has been nothing but a simple question. There was nothing to your statement, so how could I read into it.?

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Ok, explained:
seeking the truth is something we should all do - it is a noble and good endeavor.
However, if you had all the truth and then announced that you were to reveal ALL truth on a subject that has had so many conspiracy theories tied to it as UFO phenomenon, then regardless of the fact that you reveal that truth someone is not going to believe you. Especially if the one doing the revealing is hated and untrusted by nearly half the population of the country.

There will always be those that will refuse to believe either because of their mistrust (warranted), hatred (perhaps warranted)or chemical imbalance (un-avoidable)...

How's that?

[Edited on 18-1-2004 by intelgurl]

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Ok, explained:
seeking the truth is something we should all do - it is a noble and good endeavor.
However, if you had all the truth and then announced that you were to reveal ALL truth on a subject that has had so many conspiracy theories tied to it as UFO phenomenon, then regardless of the fact that you reveal that truth someone is not going to believe you. Especially if the one doing the revealing is hated and untrusted by nearly half the population of the country.

There will always be those that will refuse to believe either because of their mistrust (warranted), hatred (perhaps warrented)or chemical imbalance (un-avoidable)...

How's that?

Very, Very, Very, Very well put

I'm not trying to start an arguement, I'm just trying to see how far some people would go to get answers.

Thank You, Trick

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
aliens shmaliens, that still doesn't fix the economy

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I'm not trying to start an arguement, I'm just trying to see how far some people would go to get answers.

Thank You, Trick

If I was a bit too abrasive on the first post please forgive me - I have about 6 military guys in my formerly pristine clean condo - they are watching some playoff game on my bigscreen and I'm the one bringing them treats and beer...
This is the last time i let my place be party central ~

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Thank You, Trick

If I was a bit too abrasive on the first post please forgive me - I have about 6 military guys in my formerly pristine clean condo - they are watching some playoff game on my bigscreen and I'm the one bringing them treats and beer...
last time i let my place be party central~

You need to give them some toothbrushes, windex-pine sol(or whatever)trashbags and say get to WORK

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join